The Ultimate HDT challange!(and Silly hard to do ideas)

Hollow_Fang

Hdt teams issue the Ultimite challange!
Flora & Fauna with weather

Flora- Plants and grass that respond to HDT interation with npc/player and Wind
Fauna- Hair on things such as Trolls horses/tails and main's and even wolfs fur and then mods like Skymonstersmod/Imerssive cretures

an Full dynamic weather winds system to interact with the bones with HDT weights by storms with wind to blow things such as the hair cloths and even trees and grass and possibley later stage particle snow and leaves that have a timed decay to dissiper.
The feat of making grass that collapses under bones and won't strech out or get stuck on bones would impress me.

the wind system has animations that could even co along with it that are already made say for Unrelenting shout or side effect of the wind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Twz3L5QhIY
and further extreme winds combined with http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22665-break-undies-for-skyrim/
could lead to http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19513-cbbeunp-nude-female-cover-animations-updates-on-hold/
a rather funny idea to be sure! LOL

What shocks me is the Utter Lack of Realistic fishing mod, yet we can bone a bear in the booty box.(fix that i want me some zelda 64 style fishing minigame :P)

Also can any one make the Random sit idles useing these
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52298/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15674/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/42656/?

Should be simple idea i tried and couldn't get it fores maker did take the idea and make random sexy walks nice :) now we need more random attack and random others such as NPC random idles.

I'm not so sure... there is very little impact as i've seen and if you look at the normal grass and fern NIF files they are very low polly and only about 4-9 triangles and only need say 2 bones and a high weight but low friction or vice versa i forget . If you take away the fact that much of the ingame phsyics take more than HDt cpu power it should be a replacement end goal.Lighting to shadows be used as a ENB  replacement. i so wish that ENB would allow for dedicated second video card processing as HDT should have a core assignment and if we can expand SKSE memory buffers to full extent of capable Ram (or the cache of assigned harddrives to be used on SSD when the install is on and HD)then we could free up much CPU runtime used for Papyus for things like serch or tag commands since they are not optimized normaly in game and use a high deal of cpu power

Wind is possible by editing the HDT source code and adding in a Havok World parameter for it.

But it'll be universal that way and the direction and speed of wind will be constant everywhere.

Dark Souls 2 uses Havok World wind but I dunno how they got it to change direction and speed at different times.

Flora and grass using HDT would be really inefficient and kinda pointless IMO. You'd basically need to make HDT collisions for every moving object to make it collide with the flora.

all flora is only like 6-7 meshes.

and all that is needed is say npc who already would be HDT do to Xp32 hdt and then a male version and attaching it to more and more beasts would be nice touch too.

Wind could be handeled by a cell to cell check on entering it i assume and placeing at the zero center point for each cell the wind in faceing towards the player i assume that would be tricky but better than nothing lol

It's less about meshes than bones. To animate all that flora, you'd need to have bones on every strand of grass, or more realistically on every patch of grass, have it rigged, have the related nodes on a xml that has to take care of every strand of grass at the same time, collisions, restitution, friction, dampening and shit, add to that the textures, the actual drawing of the bones while moving. I don't think anyone has the rig needed for that kind of stuff yet, maybe in 5 years. 

Having HDT fishing rods/flails(!!!)/traps/boat sails is interesting and doable though. 

It's less about meshes than bones. To animate all that flora, you'd need to have bones on every strand of grass, or more realistically on every patch of grass, have it rigged, have the related nodes on a xml that has to take care of every strand of grass at the same time, collisions, restitution, friction, dampening and shit, add to that the textures, the actual drawing of the bones while moving. I don't think anyone has the rig needed for that kind of stuff yet, maybe in 5 years. 

Having HDT fishing rods/flails(!!!)/traps/boat sails is interesting and doable though. 

Well the end idea of collisons would be easier if the whole grass system for static "Nvidia speed tree's and grass"owas redone Hdt as a physics system is far supiorur in the cpu usage than current grass system

Came to think of it, would it not be nice if the mane and tail of horses where HDT enabled?

There is already a mod that has that http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54908/?

Grass => animations are cheaper and will not need a 48 core cpu.

Does animations allow for tall grass to be  smooshed and spring back when steped on ?

I assume we cannot add animation playable and colidable grass then :o).

Well the end idea of collisons would be easier if the whole grass system for static "Nvidia speed tree's and grass"owas redone Hdt as a physics system is far supiorur in the cpu usage than current grass system

Havok, PhysX and any other currently existing tech is absolute shit for the type of effect you want. The amount of FPS drop you would have from having hdt to all grass types and setting up collisions for creatures would be terrible, add to that these are 'rigidbodies' and contian very limited and not realistic softbody physical constraints your more likely going to get springy grass instead of nice soft bending grass.

Now maybe when this comes out:

https://developer.nvidia.com/turfeffects

And some crazy genius tries to maybe write an SKSE plugin to hook that into the game, then maybe will we see the type of grass you want, without needing a super-computer to run it at decent playable framerate. (Provided the above code isn't dependant on some technologies that are newer than what existing skyrim uses like dx11 or whatnot)

Havok, PhysX and any other currently existing tech is absolute shit for the type of effect you want. The amount of FPS drop you would have from having hdt to all grass types and setting up collisions for creatures would be terrible, add to that these are 'rigidbodies' and contian very limited and not realistic softbody physical constraints your more likely going to get springy grass instead of nice soft bending grass.

Now maybe when this comes out:

https://developer.nvidia.com/turfeffects

And some crazy genius tries to maybe write an SKSE plugin to hook that into the game, then maybe will we see the type of grass you want, without needing a super-computer to run it at decent playable framerate. (Provided the above code isn't dependant on some technologies that are newer than what existing skyrim uses like dx11 or whatnot)

Won't matter unless ENB hooks this as only enb can run DX11.5 or 12 by time this comes out lol.

Archived