A Noob does: Bodyslide 2,HDT conversions [HALTED]

Well - here's a request - I'm awful at this conversion stuff - and I've tried too many times to count so far at this.

Any way you could whip off a conversion of the shorts from this set: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21271/?

JUST the shorts (no panty/belt or anything) - No idea how it works when there's multiple texture versions of things - so if you are able to choose one texture over another, I'd rather have one of the brown leather looking ones...

*crosses body parts, ie. fingers*

Well - here's a request - I'm awful at this conversion stuff - and I've tried too many times to count so far at this.

Any way you could whip off a conversion of the shorts from this set: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21271/?

JUST the shorts (no panty/belt or anything) - No idea how it works when there's multiple texture versions of things - so if you are able to choose one texture over another, I'd rather have one of the brown leather looking ones...

*crosses body parts, ie. fingers*

I don't want to download that many mega bytes just to convert one piece of shorts. so I won't be doing it.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25180-unofficial-bodyslide-2outfit-studio-tutorials/

the link above is a tutorial on using bodyslide and outfit studio so try it by yourself.

good luck.

Alright then I am now working on converting the mini-dresses from tiwa44. but I am running into some seam problems. I know that I can get rid of the seams by changing the weights of the clothe or increasing the distance between the player character and the clothing but I don't know how to weight and by increasing the distance between the cloathing and body makes the clothing look bad. I know that I can use a 3D modeling tool to convert the armor but I don't own 3ds max or any 3D modeling program and I don't know how to convert them.

does anybody here know a good tutorial and a (preferably) free 3D modeling program that I could use?

thanks.

Alright then I am now working on converting the mini-dresses from tiwa44. but I am running into some seam problems. I know that I can get rid of the seams by changing the weights of the clothe or increasing the distance between the player character and the clothing but I don't know how to weight and by increasing the distance between the cloathing and body makes the clothing look bad. I know that I can use a 3D modeling tool to convert the armor but I don't own 3ds max or any 3D modeling program and I don't know how to convert them.

does anybody here know a good tutorial and a (preferably) free 3D modeling program that I could use?

thanks.

3 things: 

1. You could use Blender, it is 100% free and there are resources for learning how to deal with skyrim nifs.
  2. You could use 3ds Max, it is free for people that declare themselves a student in the process of applying for a free version. I think you should use either 2011 or 2012.
  3. Both programs will take more energy to learn that these quick & dirty conversions are worth IMO.

You have provided a valuable service. To state plainly, you are converting outfits that people would otherwise never see in bodyslide because -- for whatever reason -- they can't get their head wrapped around Outfit Studio.

You have done very well in sticking with that goal by not getting bogged down in details... the specific variation outfit I requested, shorts only from a single outfit in a large collection, things like that. While it's kind of disappointing for us -- and this is actually a really good example -- you cracked out 3 conversion in the time it took me to try to explain shit. 

Therefore, my suggestion to you is to stay that course. To table that conversion (and others) for when you have time to learn professional-caliber modelling software to do a proper conversion.

Someone will invariably bring up the Nightasy tutorial series on youtube, that you can "just watch those vids, they're very good" and they're right... and you could have managed 3 more conversions in the time it took to watch the first video.

And i think you should reach the magic number 42 converted outfits and pile it all together for a general release.

thanks.

3 things: 

1. You could use Blender, it is 100% free and there are resources for learning how to deal with skyrim nifs.
  2. You could use 3ds Max, it is free for people that declare themselves a student in the process of applying for a free version. I think you should use either 2011 or 2012.
  3. Both programs will take more energy to learn that these quick & dirty conversions are worth IMO.

You have provided a valuable service. To state plainly, you are converting outfits that people would otherwise never see in bodyslide because -- for whatever reason -- they can't get their head wrapped around Outfit Studio.

You have done very well in sticking with that goal by not getting bogged down in details... the specific variation outfit I requested, shorts only from a single outfit in a large collection, things like that. While it's kind of disappointing for us -- and this is actually a really good example -- you cracked out 3 conversion in the time it took me to try to explain shit. 

Therefore, my suggestion to you is to stay that course. To table that conversion (and others) for when you have time to learn professional-caliber modelling software to do a proper conversion.

Someone will invariably bring up the Nightasy tutorial series on youtube, that you can "just watch those vids, they're very good" and they're right... and you could have managed 3 more conversions in the time it took to watch the first video.

And i think you should reach the magic number 42 converted outfits and pile it all together for a general release.

well first of all thanks for the compliment.

I will have a look at those programs but if you think it's not really worth it then I will rethink about using modeling program.

Hermaeus Mora Priestes armor from: comvex

download and endorse he original armor from here!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58062/?

since this armor was in a bsa file I unpacked it and put the armor mod with the bodyslide files so you don't need to download the original.

Hi, thank you for this conversion! It's pure awesome, love it.

Just one question, is it possible to get the animated textures working for this mod while using your BodySlide files?

since this armor was in a bsa file I unpacked it and put the armor mod with the bodyslide files so you don't need to download the original.

Just one question, is it possible to get the animated textures working for this mod while using your BodySlide files?

Please answer my question A Noob. :(

If it's not possible, just tell so.

Please answer my question A Noob. :(

If it's not possible, just tell so.

I dunno never tried it.

give it a try yourself. 

worst case scenario the game crashes and that's it.

Black Talon Armor by Fizz

http://mods247.blogs...or-for-unp.html

There was another attempt at this awhile back on LL but it was never finished (sliders still needed some work iirc).

had a look at it but I can't do this armor.

when trying to convert this armor in outfit studio it comes out in a very weird way.

try it your self and you will understand why.

thank you for the conversions so far, you magical being.

and by the way, you missed a 's' in the SliderSets folder for QBSchoolgirl.

either way, keep up the good work!

will fix that.

edit: also thanks for the compliment.

A Noob, you are great. The first thing i'm doing when i start up my pc is to take a look in your thread. I hope you will never get tired of making your awesome conversions. :)

man thanks dude.

Archived