Mount and Blade giveaway on GOG (DRM-FREE)

ds64

yeah, it's the original, I never played the original, although it's already in my library.

I heard, it's quite good. But yeah, warband has a multiplayer and better improvement.

My playtime in warband is almost 200 hours on vanilla, damn this game is addicting,

but lately I'm stop playing it, because I'm using the native expansion mod on workshop, and unfortunately I always get a CTD with it, like skyrim... fuck... both of my favorite games has betrayed me...

You may not want to play the old version while there's a newer version, which is more advanced and has more features, but the original M&B wasn't a "meh" game.

Ranked #91 in The 100 best PC games of all time

And it's still fun to play and you can run it on very old systems. There are really fun mods for it as well, such as The Last Days (LoTR mod) or Prophesy of Pendor.

The original M&B was already DRM free. Warband, on the other hand, requires Steam activation, but once you've get your CD key from Steam, you can download the copy from Taleworlds and play it without Steam.

You can download full versions of both games from Taleworlds.com and play them, but there's a char level limit.

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/MountAndBlade/Download

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Warband/Download

We are offering Mount&Blade through a try before you buy model. You can download the game and start playing right away. What you download is not a demo, it is the full game. There is, however, a level limit at 7. When your character reaches level 7, you can start a new game or, if you decide you like the game well enough, go on and buy a license online. As soon as you buy a license you will obtain a serial key which will remove the level limit. You will not need to download the game again.

If you've never played the series, I wouldn't miss the free version if I were you.

Oh, BTW, 200 hours playtime is nothing. :)

Archived