I'm out of ideas and need naming help.

Nergui

I created some spells which are apprentice (25) and expert (75) level versions of Flames, Frostbite and Sparks.

(apprentice)

Fire Wind

Frost Blast

???

(expert)

Dragon Fire

Fimbulwinter

???

My problem is that all my ideas for the lightning ones sound lame. Most of what I come up with sounds too scientific and I'm after names that sound medieval.

I created some spells which are apprentice (25) and expert (75) level versions of Flames, Frostbite and Sparks.

(apprentice)

Fire Wind

Frost Blast

???

(expert)

Dragon Fire

Fimbulwinter

???

My problem is that all my ideas for the lightning ones sound lame. Most of what I come up with sounds too scientific and I'm after names that sound medieval.

This is what comes to mind for me:

Apprentice:

Fire Blast

Frost Mistral

Lightning Mist

Master:

Fire Stream

Frost Gale

Lightning Jet

Thank-you for your replies. I'm keeping the names I have for the expert fire and frost spells and I was able to use some your ideas for better fire and frost spell names, but the lightning ones are still unamed.

(apprentice)

Fire Blast

Frost Flow or Wind Chill (still deciding)

My difficulty is the name needs to mostly match the action and there are very few alternative words in English to describe arcing electricity beyond "lightning".

Archived