Looking to retire my old monitor, any recommendations in the current market?

Vacaliga

Like the title say,

My good old Dell have served me well the last 8years but now i feel its time to replace it so wanted to ask if anyone have a good recommendation.

I don't care much for style and flair, it can be bright orange for all i care, i do however care about color and size,

specs i am looking for (guidelines)

24 inch size (bigger is welcome)

2560x1440 resolution (no 4k)

IPS panel pref. (but things might have changed since last i looked.)

Hz are not to important 

Decent warranty 5 years or greater

Price is not a big concern but i do ofc want value for money :)

while i do game a lot i must stress that color accuracy is king since 80%+ of my work time is spend in the adobe family.

Thank you in advance..<3 

Like the title say,

My good old Dell have served me well the last 8years but now i feel its time to replace it so wanted to ask if anyone have a good recommendation.

I don't care much for style and flair, it can be bright orange for all i care, i do however care about color and size,

specs i am looking for (guidelines)

24 inch size (bigger is welcome)

2560x1440 resolution (no 4k)

IPS panel pref. (but things might have changed since last i looked.)

Hz are not to important 

Decent warranty 5 years or greater

Price is not a big concern but i do ofc want value for money :)

while i do game a lot i must stress that color accuracy is king since 80%+ of my work time is spend in the adobe family.

Thank you in advance..<3 

For 2560x1440, you'll need to go up to a 30 inch (2560x1600 for 16:10)

IPS panels are still top end in both quality and price.

EDIT - The dell u3014 has both adobeRGB and sRGB colour modes (both ~99% gamut). Unfortunately it's also expensive ($1500).

dell page http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=225-4429

review http://www.anandtech.com/show/6890/dell-u3014-lcd-review

I'm fond of Dell IPS monitors myself. I use a 1920x1200 Dell U2412M and a 2560x1440 Dell U2713HM

If you want 1440 you're probably going to be hard pressed to find a decent 24 inch ips at that size.

Yeah I am beginning to see a pattern forming here, and 24 inch is only the bare minimum, but if there was/is a good one out there i wanted to keep that option open.

http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=113&cp_id=11307&cs_id=1130703 offers a lot of quality large 1440p IPS monitors as well at much cheaper than usual prices. 

The catch is, while they are technically the exact same screens as bigger name brand monitors, cut from the same panels in the factories making the monitors for Dell, Apple, and such, these are made from the screens that get rejected for the bigger brands for various relatively minor QA issues, then put inside a basic stand and solid at the cheap. That sounds scary, but they tend to be pretty good quality screens and come with decent exchange policies incase of dead pixels, especially for the price.

http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=113&cp_id=11307&cs_id=1130703 offers a lot of quality large 1440p IPS monitors as well at much cheaper than usual prices. 

The catch is, while they are technically the exact same screens as bigger name brand monitors, cut from the same panels in the factories making the monitors for Dell, Apple, and such, these are made from the screens that get rejected for the bigger brands for various relatively minor QA issues, then put inside a basic stand and solid at the cheap. That sounds scary, but they tend to be pretty good quality screens and come with decent exchange policies incase of dead pixels, especially for the price.

Wow, that's a lot of monitor for the price o.O unfortunately I am a bit iffy when it comes to international shipping (had some very bad things happen in the past even from amazon) I guess i should say i currently reside in Denmark.  

Edit: choice have fallen on a new Dell Ultra sharp xxxxxx thank you for the input and recommendations.

I'm gonna see if i can wait until the holidays and maybe get one on sale. 

I'm fond of Dell IPS monitors myself.

So am I. Dell is one of the very few brands left who still make "monitors" instead of stupid ass TV screens with crappy stands. Ultrasharp series as well as most of their other models come with awesome VESA compatible stands with pivot capabilities. 

Remember if you're replacing your monitor with one of higher resolution, your games are going to run slower because of the resolution increase.

I own a ASUS VG248QE 24" 144hz LED LCD 1ms which is great for gaming, but I'd love to waste a grand on a new nvidia gpu + gsync monitor that gives the smoothest  high hz picture for gaming possible.

Also yeah Dell has always made quality displays

Slightly off topic BestBuy has a black friday deal on a Panasonic 50" Class LED 1080p 60Hz HDTV for a mere $200(normally 500) I plan on picking up.

These black friday deals are usually of poor quality TVs when the price is this insane but from the reviews I've seen online it doesn't seem the case at all, it's just not a high end tv
http://blackfriday.bestbuy.com/

Archived