Your Pet Peeves

Tossie

Like the title says, pet peeves, what are yours?

• People touching my neck
  • People yelling for no reason
  • People saying "weeaboo" even though they don't know what it means
  • People that use le when not speaking french (Guess where I never go... :-/ )
  • People that end their posts with "-[username]" like they don't think we can see their username
  • People looking at my monitor while I'm on the computer

I have the strangest suspicion that this is going to make ammo for someone out there, but oh well.

fast food restaurants that dont put the sauce on the burger for you (ARBYS)

old ladies being SUPER OBLIVIOUS to anything that is not right in front of their face. omg. esp when they walk slow through doors or whatever and theyre so decrepit and its like 'jesus lady gtfo'

On the Internet:

• emoticons
  • obnoxious, oversized signatures
  • stupidly implausible Japanese names
  • typing like a furry to a general audience
  • replying anything but "thank you" to constructive criticism
  • foreigners who don't apologize for their bad English
  • mp3s less than 192kbps
  • archives that require me to make a folder
  • asking for anything that isn't rare or difficult to find

In real life:

• forced laughter
  • expecting me to produce forced laughter
  • not picking up on cues to end a conversation
  • not holding up your end of a conversation you initiated
  • standing next to me waiting for me to move instead of saying "excuse me"
  • not wiping your sweat in the gym
  • trying to make me and assuming I want to join your circle of 90,000 acquaintances when I actually hate you
  • sleeveless black shirts
  • indirectly bragging about your girlfriend in public
  • not controlling your dog and assuming everyone likes animals

the list I made is actually three times this size, but I shortened it

-People that think it's ok to spell and use grammar incorrectly just because it is the internet.

-People that act like curse words make them cool.

-People that think smoking is cool.

-People that say things like obesity, drugs, etc are a disease and only treatable with meds.

-Stupid people

-People that don't have a sense of humor.

-People that get easily offended.

Lol I sound like a douche with this list. Oh well. XD

-People that think it's ok to spell and use grammar incorrectly just because it is the internet.

-People that act like curse words make them cool.

-People that think smoking is cool.

-People that say things like obesity' date=' drugs, etc are a disease and only treatable with meds.

-Stupid people

-People that don't have a sense of humor.

-People that get easily offended.

Lol I sound like a douche with this list. Oh well. XD

[/quote']

Don't worry, I agree with all of those. :D

Shipping in the USA.

I just paid frickin $27.50 in shipping to get this damned guitar pedal to my front door in "2 days".

It's been a full f#$king week.

Oh god' date=' I was supposed to get Fatal Frame II today, but I have yet to see the UPS/Fedex/whathaveyou come by.

At least I got Persona 3 FES a day early so if it doesn't come today it won't be too bad.

Oh and

[list']

[*]IM ON THE WEIRD SIDE OF YOUTUBE AGAIN LOL

I hope everyone that comments that gets slowly lowered into a giant meat grinder.

Legs first.

- People in general

- Bigots

- Religion in general

- Religious fundamentalists in particular, regardless of creed

- People who refuse to think critically and ask "why?"

- People who say "irregardless"

- Neckties

- People who drive 15 MPH in a 45 zone (don't know what that is in kilometers, but you get the idea)

- People who think that finding a woman attractive when she has anything smaller than a H-cup somehow makes you a pedo

- People who think they're hip because they said "pedo"

- Trains that don't run on time

- People who think anime consists solely of stupid kids' shows

- Buying clothes

- EA

- People in general

- Bigots

- Religion in general

- Religious fundamentalists in particular' date=' regardless of creed

- People who refuse to think critically and ask "why?"

- People who say "irregardless"

- Neckties

- People who drive 15 MPH in a 45 zone (don't know what that is in kilometers, but you get the idea)

- [b']People who think that finding a woman attractive when she has anything smaller than a H-cup somehow makes you a pedo[/b]

- People who think they're hip because they said "pedo"

- Trains that don't run on time

- People who think anime consists solely of stupid kids' shows

- Buying clothes

- EA

After critically analyzing several of your posts, I've come to the conclusion that you are, in fact, me.

Except for ties, I like ties, dressing up, and all that stuff.

After critically analyzing several of your posts' date=' I've come to the conclusion that you are, in fact, me.

Except for ties, I like ties, dressing up, and all that stuff.

[/quote']

If I'm you, then you must be me, and we -- dammit, I'm getting confuzzled here. :P

Also, I love your user title. :D

Edit: I ALSO HATE PEOPLE WHO MISUSE APOSTROPHES. FFS, YOU DON'T FORM PLURALS WITH APOSTROPHES, NOR DO YOU NEED TO STICK ONE IN WHENEVER A WORD SIMPLY ENDS IN S. WHEN IN DOUBT, LEAVE IT OUT, NOT THE OTHER SODDING WAY AROUND.

[video=youtube]

[/Pavlovian grammar rant]

#1: People who don't self-examine.

I consider myself a pretty open minded person. I don't mind hearing about other people's opinions and am not instantly offended if someone says something disparaging about something I like, but I simply cannot stand people who don't realize some of the shit they do. This really made me think about why I play games, and truth be told, it's not for the 90 minutes of bloody violence, it's for the story. I recently finished re-playing Bioshock II, and I regretted not getting the Telepathy III spell, I was 20 short; I could've made up the difference by 'harvesting' one little sister, but I didn't, I wouldn't, I couldn't. They're characters to me, not just points to be accumulated. Now I'm aware that others may not share this viewpoint and may very well only want blood and tits from their video games, but when people try to present that as something else, or try to say that because something doesn't have 'what they want' that it's bad, it pisses me off.

#2 Hypocrites

Pretty tied into #1, but worth mentioning because there's nothing that'll piss me off faster than someone being hypocritical. If it's not okay for someone else, it's not okay for you. Period.

#3 Manufactured Drama

Some people in this world seem compelled to behave like they're staring in their very own blockbuster film. They treat everyone else like their supporting cast and if you're not a friend, than obviously you're a nemesis because that's just how their world works. These people need to grow the fuck up. The world isn't interesting, it doesn't revolve around you, and you're not that interesting. No one is. That's kinda of the sad truth of the world. We're all boring as fuck, and even when something genuinely dramatic happens to one of us, we don't care. You're life is hard? Tough titty, everyone's life is hard at some point, you can spend your time bitching about it to people on the internet or spend your time doing something to improve it.

#4 Gross Generalizations of Any Kind

Face it we all do it, and since I hate hypocrisy in myself just as much as in anyone else, it's been bumped down to #4. We make generalizations, it's a fact of life, if we didn't we couldn't survive. Lions=Will Eat You. It's a generalization, if people waited to get to know a lion before judging whether or not it wanted to eat them there'd be a lot fewer people and a lot more fat lions. It's the way of the world.

So let's not pretend like we're not doing it when we are. As long as we admit there are likely exceptions to our generalization, which in my mind we do simply by admitting we're making a generalization as almost by definition a generalization is required to have exceptions, than there's no reason why we can't continue to use this life enriching means of communication.

#5 Obsessing over _______

Obsession is a bad thing. I don't care if you're obsessing over the latest magical girl anime, some new body mod you found for your favorite Bethesda game or the newly crowned space pope of Jupiter, obsession is a bad thing. There's nothing wrong with having a great affection for something, there's nothing wrong with coveting something, but there is something wrong with allowing your affection for something blind you to its flaws. Everything has flaws. Or cause you to treat people who point out these flaws as people who have dedicated themselves to tearing down your idol. Take things for what they are. If it's a show, it's a show. It might be a really good show, it might be something you truly enjoyed, but it's still a show, and at the end of the day it doesn't matter that much.

#6 Ignorance

This might have to be knocked up to #1 if people didn't universally associate it with things like racism and bigotry. Are those people ignorant? *shrugs* Maybe, maybe they're just people who like to hate others. If the former than there's nothing you can do about it, but Ignorance can be cured or at least combated with education. And I'm not just talking about racism or bigotry here, I'm talking about everyone who has ever used the phrase "Yeah, but it's cool." or any variation of that phrase. Whether something is cool, whether someone is black, gay, or martian, that is just one part, and if you ignore any other parts of that person/object you're 'ignore-ant' so don't treat people who try to point this out to you as people who are attacking you, they might just be trying to help you keep from looking ignorant.

As a side note; The truth is the truth, your opinion on something doesn't change it. If you think anime is cool, that doesn't mean it fits into Skyrim. If you think tits bigger than a person's head are hot, that doesn't mean that in reality such breasts wouldn't be back-crippling. Ignoring things doesn't make them not true, it just means you're not dealing with them.

And that being said one person's personal opinion on something doesn't effect anyone else so no one has the right to fuckin' complain if you like giant tits and anime girls. They do have the right to complain about you requesting/demanding/talking about giant tit-wielding anime girls though, that's when it comes down to having manners and not bringing up things that other people might not like, as said, just because you like it, doesn't mean other people have to.

And just because they don't like it doesn't mean they have to complain about it. Manners are a two way street.

#7 Political Correctness

Manners are important; allowing people who do not have them to go unchecked because it would be rude is not. The Golden Rule says to Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You. The problem with that rule is that that only works if everyone follows it. Sooner or later, some asshole is going to break it, and because every decent person around isn't allowed to do shit because 'it would be rude' he gets away with it. That's stupid. If people act like assholes people should be allowed to be assholes back. It's petty, it's juvenile, it's immature and you know what? It works. If you punched one person as hard as you could, and then immediately everyone around you turned around and punched you as hard as they could, would you do it again? No, you wouldn't. Because, Depending on the amount of people around and their relative strength you might be in serious pain, and if not, you certainly don't want to be put in serious pain. And you know what that's called? A Learning Experience. We shouldn't deprive assholes of their learning experiences just because we don't want to be rude. It works fine as long as people are only assholes to assholes. An Eye For An Eye works fine as long as you restrain yourself to the jerk who actually poke out your eye, if he's blind than just kick him in the nuts.

#8 Stupidity/Sloth

Another candidate for #1 because I'll be honest I was just making numbers up since #3.

Some people out there in the wide wide world seem to have decided that it is not on them to think anymore. It's too hard they said, and they looked the the rest of the world with big doe eyes and asked pleadingly 'won't you help me?' and we with our hearts full and tears in our eyes said yes.

Fuck that.

Yeah thinking is hard. This is not news. This is no great discovery. No great insight. Thinking being hard has been the foundation of our society since we've had a society. It's the whole reason why skill/talent is valued at all, because it's hard. Deal with it. The rest of the world has. All these people you look to with doe eyes, they think, they do the work, they put in the effort. So why can't you? The only answer I can come up with is that you're defective in some way, simply put, you're stupid. But you don't want to be called that do you? You don't want to be thought less of simply because you find the basic action which has elevated us from simple primates since the dawn of freakin' time, 'too hard'.

Well I 'think' these people need to be shot.

But lo it's not restricted to the loftier realms of thought. No these people don't want to have to type out the words they send to you. They don't want to have to explain their reasons behind wanting something, they might not even know what those reason are themselves, in which case I refer you to my #1 pet peeve, these people seem to think that for some reason unknown even to them, that they deserve preferential treatment. It's not 'on them' to spell words right, as long as they get close enough you'll know what they meant. It's not 'on them' to explain themselves, you'll just assume they have their reasons. (what do you mean "why?" ???) Nothing should be asked of them. Nothing can be asked of them. They have no talents, and why would they want them? Being good at something would mean they'd be asked to do something for themselves, or heaven forbid for others. So they'll just continue to prattle on, talking, mostly about themselves, as if anyone cares, and asking for things that they could've found on their own with a moment's effort, and if some one with actual ability actually likes one of their 'ideas' than prepare for the flood gates, because they're more than willing to ask someone else to do the work.

If you suggest something, and a modder says he might be able to do it, the correct response is to thank him generously, ask if you can help, and promptly shut the fuck up, not suggest twenty-five other things you think'd be cool.

-Ugly, unpopular girls that try to act like popular ones (seriously, know your place at least?).

This includes (ugly infront of each word) snobs, bitches, idiots, girls who try to get things by flirting, girls who deliberately try to sound retarded, etc.

-That ad with the babies laughing, daring me to find cuter (so, what? You want me to find you dead bugs?).

-When people try to see what I'm doing, wether it be drawing, writing, typing, etc.

-Leet speak and purposely horrid grammar/spelling. This includes retarded "z's" after every word.

-When teachers complain about grading homework, it's not like they have to give it.

-Bad table manners and being loud in a place relatively quiet.

-Smacking lips when eating (I guess this could go under table manners)

-"That's mines." No, it's not fucking mines. Go through elementary school again, you clearly failed it.

-When people force personal beliefs on you

For instance when some overly religious people scold you for doing something immoral in their eyes, they always go on about their rules/motives. When some vegans/vegetarians scold you for eating meat, then starts saying shit about your diet.

I don't mind either parties, it's just when they start saying shit that makes me want to drive a knife down their throat.

-Having to do the pledge of allegiance. Every. Fucking. Morning. Is this necessary? I get it, I live in fucking America -- you don't have to make me say it 180+ days a year.

There are plenty more.

I consider myself a pretty open minded person. I don't mind hearing about other people's opinions and am not instantly offended if someone says something disparaging about something I like' date=' but I simply cannot stand people who don't realize some of the shit they do. This really made me think about why I play games, and truth be told, it's not for the 90 minutes of bloody violence, it's for the story. I recently finished re-playing Bioshock II, and I regretted not getting the Telepathy III spell, I was 20 short; I could've made up the difference by 'harvesting' one little sister, but I didn't, I wouldn't, I couldn't. They're characters to me, not just points to be accumulated. Now I'm aware that others may not share this viewpoint and may very well only want blood and tits from their video games, but when people try to present that as something else, or try to say that because something doesn't have 'what they want' that it's bad, it pisses me off.

#2 Hypocrites

Pretty tied into #1, but worth mentioning because there's nothing that'll piss me off faster than someone being hypocritical. If it's not okay for someone else, it's not okay for you. Period.

#3 Manufactured Drama

Some people in this world seem compelled to behave like they're staring in their very own blockbuster film. They treat everyone else like their supporting cast and if you're not a friend, than obviously you're a nemesis because that's just how their world works. These people need to grow the fuck up. The world isn't interesting, it doesn't revolve around you, and you're not that interesting. No one is. That's kinda of the sad truth of the world. We're all boring as fuck, and even when something genuinely dramatic happens to one of us, we don't care. You're life is hard? Tough titty, everyone's life is hard at some point, you can spend your time bitching about it to people on the internet or spend your time doing something to improve it.

Face it we all do it, and since I hate hypocrisy in myself just as much as in anyone else, it's been bumped down to #4. We make generalizations, it's a fact of life, if we didn't we couldn't survive. Lions=Will Eat You. It's a generalization, if people waited to get to know a lion before judging whether or not it wanted to eat them there'd be a lot fewer people and a lot more fat lions. It's the way of the world.

So let's not pretend like we're not doing it when we are. As long as we admit there are likely exceptions to our generalization, which in my mind we do simply by admitting we're making a generalization as almost by definition a generalization is required to have exceptions, than there's no reason why we can't continue to use this life enriching means of communication.

Obsession is a bad thing. I don't care if you're obsessing over the latest magical girl anime, some new body mod you found for your favorite Bethesda game or the newly crowned space pope of Jupiter, obsession is a bad thing. There's nothing wrong with having a great affection for something, there's nothing wrong with coveting something, but there is something wrong with allowing your affection for something blind you to its flaws. Everything has flaws. Or cause you to treat people who point out these flaws as people who have dedicated themselves to tearing down your idol. Take things for what they are. If it's a show, it's a show. It might be a really good show, it might be something you truly enjoyed, but it's still a show, and at the end of the day it doesn't matter that much.

#6 Ignorance

This might have to be knocked up to #1 if people didn't universally associate it with things like racism and bigotry. Are those people ignorant? *shrugs* Maybe, maybe they're just people who like to hate others. If the former than there's nothing you can do about it, but Ignorance can be cured or at least combated with education. And I'm not just talking about racism or bigotry here, I'm talking about everyone who has ever used the phrase "Yeah, but it's cool." or any variation of that phrase. Whether something is cool, whether someone is black, gay, or martian, that is just one part, and if you ignore any other parts of that person/object you're 'ignore-ant' so don't treat people who try to point this out to you as people who are attacking you, they might just be trying to help you keep from looking ignorant.

As a side note; The truth is the truth, your opinion on something doesn't change it. If you think anime is cool, that doesn't mean it fits into Skyrim. If you think tits bigger than a person's head are hot, that doesn't mean that in reality such breasts wouldn't be back-crippling. Ignoring things doesn't make them not true, it just means you're not dealing with them.

And that being said one person's personal opinion on something doesn't effect anyone else so no one has the right to fuckin' complain if you like giant tits and anime girls. They do have the right to complain about you requesting/demanding/talking about giant tit-wielding anime girls though, that's when it comes down to having manners and not bringing up things that other people might not like, as said, just because you like it, doesn't mean other people have to.

And just because they don't like it doesn't mean they have to complain about it. Manners are a two way street.

#7 Political Correctness

Manners are important; allowing people who do not have them to go unchecked because it would be rude is not. The Golden Rule says to Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You. The problem with that rule is that that only works if everyone follows it. Sooner or later, some asshole is going to break it, and because every decent person around isn't allowed to do shit because 'it would be rude' he gets away with it. That's stupid. If people act like assholes people should be allowed to be assholes back. It's petty, it's juvenile, it's immature and you know what? It works. If you punched one person as hard as you could, and then immediately everyone around you turned around and punched you as hard as they could, would you do it again? No, you wouldn't. Because, Depending on the amount of people around and their relative strength you might be in serious pain, and if not, you certainly don't want to be put in serious pain. And you know what that's called? A Learning Experience. We shouldn't deprive assholes of their learning experiences just because we don't want to be rude. It works fine as long as people are only assholes to assholes. An Eye For An Eye works fine as long as you restrain yourself to the jerk who actually poke out your eye, if he's blind than just kick him in the nuts.

#8 Stupidity/Sloth

Another candidate for #1 because I'll be honest I was just making numbers up since #3.

Some people out there in the wide wide world seem to have decided that it is not on them to think anymore. It's too hard they said, and they looked the the rest of the world with big doe eyes and asked pleadingly 'won't you help me?' and we with our hearts full and tears in our eyes said yes.

Fuck that.

Yeah thinking is hard. This is not news. This is no great discovery. No great insight. Thinking being hard has been the foundation of our society since we've had a society. It's the whole reason why skill/talent is valued at all, because it's hard. Deal with it. The rest of the world has. All these people you look to with doe eyes, they think, they do the work, they put in the effort. So why can't you? The only answer I can come up with is that you're defective in some way, simply put, you're stupid. But you don't want to be called that do you? You don't want to be thought less of simply because you find the basic action which has elevated us from simple primates since the dawn of freakin' time, 'too hard'.

But lo it's not restricted to the loftier realms of thought. No these people don't want to have to type out the words they send to you. They don't want to have to explain their reasons behind wanting something, they might not even know what those reason are themselves, in which case I refer you to my #1 pet peeve, these people seem to think that for some reason unknown even to them, that they deserve preferential treatment. It's not 'on them' to spell words right, as long as they get close enough you'll know what they meant. It's not 'on them' to explain themselves, you'll just assume they have their reasons. (what do you mean "why?" ???) Nothing should be asked of them. Nothing can be asked of them. They have no talents, and why would they want them? Being good at something would mean they'd be asked to do something for themselves, or heaven forbid for others. So they'll just continue to prattle on, talking, mostly about themselves, as if anyone cares, and asking for things that they could've found on their own with a moment's effort, and if some one with actual ability actually likes one of their 'ideas' than prepare for the flood gates, because they're more than willing to ask someone else to do the work.

If you suggest something, and a modder says he might be able to do it, the correct response is to thank him generously, ask if you can help, and promptly shut the fuck up, not suggest twenty-five other things you think'd be cool.

You must hate biodrones with the passion of a thousand suns then. They fall into several of those categories.

I consider myself a pretty open minded person. I don't mind hearing about other people's opinions and am not instantly offended if someone says something disparaging about something I like' date=' but I simply cannot stand people who don't realize some of the shit they do. This really made me think about why I play games, and truth be told, it's not for the 90 minutes of bloody violence, it's for the story. I recently finished re-playing Bioshock II, and I regretted not getting the Telepathy III spell, I was 20 short; I could've made up the difference by 'harvesting' one little sister, but I didn't, I wouldn't, I couldn't. They're characters to me, not just points to be accumulated. Now I'm aware that others may not share this viewpoint and may very well only want blood and tits from their video games, but when people try to present that as something else, or try to say that because something doesn't have 'what they want' that it's bad, it pisses me off.

#2 Hypocrites

#3 Manufactured Drama

#6 Ignorance

#7 Political Correctness

#8 Stupidity/Sloth

Fuck that.

If you ever run for office for ANYTHING...you can count on my vote!!

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Archived