Does HDT cause scripted dead bodies to NOT spawn??

Mookeylama

sometimes i notice that a body which should spawn dead, does not spawn. i've noticed this at multiple places, and after much testing it appears that simply having HDT active causes this. also it only seems to affect dead bodies that spawn for the 1st time. if i load an exterior cell without hdt active, those bodies will spawn correctly. i can then install hdt and those bodies will remain okay.

i don't know if it affects all dead bods. i notice it so far on Khajiit but it could just be coincidence. the place i noticed it most was in front of Giant's Steamcrag Camp kinda south of Windhelm. there's a crashed cart, dead horse, and there should be a dead khajiit, but w/ hdt he will NEVER spawn...at least not where he should. i've seen him actually spawn in the sky and fly around in a big mass of twisted lines and testicles lol. he looks like a steel wool pad heh

anyone else experience anything like this?

sometimes i notice that a body which should spawn dead, does not spawn. i've noticed this at multiple places, and after much testing it appears that simply having HDT active causes this. also it only seems to affect dead bodies that spawn for the 1st time. if i load an exterior cell without hdt active, those bodies will spawn correctly. i can then install hdt and those bodies will remain okay.

i don't know if it affects all dead bods. i notice it so far on Khajiit but it could just be coincidence. the place i noticed it most was in front of Giant's Steamcrag Camp kinda south of Windhelm. there's a crashed cart, dead horse, and there should be a dead khajiit, but w/ hdt he will NEVER spawn...at least not where he should. i've seen him actually spawn in the sky and fly around in a big mass of twisted lines and testicles lol. he looks like a steel wool pad heh

anyone else experience anything like this?

Greetings.

Well sorry english isn't my native tongue, but i suppose you mean " respawn" ? That's right ?

If this is the case , i know that all NPCs ( or dead bodies) are not set to be " respawn" ... tale a look at their status with the CK .

Now i also know that the NPCs marked/set as a quest item , will not disappear ( most of the time , not always) once dead/killed.

For my personnal use i've changed a lot off NPCs status to be " quest item " ( because i don't want their bodies disappear if they are killed by " accident" , but most of the time this is for NPCs added with some new mods ...) . 

But when an NPC, dead Body or something else is marked/set as a quest item , this use more CPU/engine ressources ... so be carefull with this setting  if you use a middle end computer.

Cheers.

PS : there is also some "scripted"  NPCs i cannot  " keep " in game once dead ,even if they are marked as quest item  by me ... or may be i need to restart a new game to make this change active  (???) .

Unfortunately there is no tool such  " RefScope" ( for Oblivion)  adapted to Skyrim !

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the reply, but it seems like this is strictly an HDT issue. there's even a thread about it here...

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/36792-bug-report-hdt-physics-extension-cause-dead-body-with-a-tail-to-disappearmalfunctionctd/

unfortunately it is a pretty big issue in my opinion. not only does it seriously mess with immersion, but it's causing crashes. it's tough on immersion for me tho. I just yesterday came across a female khajiit placed by the mod Ineresting NPCs. the mod placed her at a caravan massacre, and the scene was supposed to look terrible and like she was the last survivor...except all the other khajiits that were supposed to be lying around her dead, weren't there because of this hdt issue lol.

Archived