HDT Skinned Mesh Physics - Developer Preview Only

zzz72w3r

Wait from wat i was reading i see BPP.xml does that mean i have to disable my hdt mods. Info order to test this. If so whats the installing process

cuz i remember trying to install china dress armor and it didnt do shit in game XD.

I didn't test it but bro Ledo4ek wrote me it goes to plugins, and in defaultBBP.xml is a line, if body not latest cbbe 

" map shape="BaseShape" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\cbbe-tbbp.xml"/> "

then it needs to be renamed like in Nifskope name node or vice versa. xml can't be readed by JFF for tweaks.

Wait from wat i was reading i see BPP.xml does that mean i have to disable my hdt mods. Info order to test this. If so whats the installing process

cuz i remember trying to install china dress armor and it didnt do shit in game XD.

I didn't test it but bro Ledo4ek wrote me it goes to plugins, and in defaultBBP.xml is a line, if body not latest cbbe 

" map shape="BaseShape" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\cbbe-tbbp.xml"/> "

then it needs to be renamed like in Nifskope name node or vice versa. xml can't be readed by JFF for tweaks.

Not even all CBBE armors have their basebody named "BaseShape", don't let me start with UNP, one word "chaos".

The plugin auto attches the base xml by shape names in the basic example the "BaseShape" any other body without the name BaseShape" will not have SMP movement.

Quick question: will this new development allow us to have proper interaction with gravity, or in plain English, will tits stop existing in their own gravitational plane but sag and flatten like they should under actual gravity?

Another question: will this allow us to have better collision between actor bodies? Will tits flatten against the male's body? Will this perfect the HDT vagina?

Maybe or maybe not, usually you will want to sculpt or position the fatty-gravity-affected human body parts already in their 'resting' state, as to help with any kind of stretching that might happen through interaction later on (although this does raise some questions, such as if you character is on their back, will the breasts slope to the sides or not, etc?) The only exception to this rule is if your character is wearing tight clothing and you need jiggles to be restrained, then their base will be slightly altered.

Very hacky way to do it for your average person, but it helps loads visually in making things actually look natural.

As for against other bodies, I saw some people mention (this info is pretty old, so take it with a truck full of salt) that there might be limitations in that regard on what can collide with what if they don't belong from the same entity. For all we know, that got improved in more ways that one, but until the proper thing gets released, we will just have to wait and see.

I was under the impression this "at the moment" is for CBBE only but not all the armors I've seen are for CBBE. one being the Varmina outfit which is UNP TM.

But without knowing which Skeleton and Body "exactly" is needed and what all is needed to set it up and make it work I'll wait. took too long to get everything just right for HDT-PE, not going to risk that on something so new :) but it does look closer to (natural) then anything I've seen anywhere else.

If loose clothing can be effected like this instead of the immediate (boob and butt) area only like we have now WOW. But I do understand it's going to be a hell of a lot more work or at least I would imagine it would be.

The whole CBBE thing is just more of less a shape naming issue with all the body nif files. I think CBBE uses baseshape and unp is like main or something. I don't have the nifs and nifskope handy atm to check. You get the idea I hope. This is understanding I got reading some forum posts anyway someone with more tech know how feel free to correct me.  

I want this!

full.gif

i have even better than this for sexlab of old hdt dll.

as understand, how constraints work in the game, it can be 90% soft body phx like.

She acts ALOT more real than what we have now........Can I get a link to what you have?

I'll stick it later with sos hdt , from where's this  gif  ? 

Someone had it in their post......I think it's either PhysX or a different type of HDT?

??

Guys, don't waste time searching this, it is just a small animation made by myself in the poser to test the bullet physic effects. It is not related to any stuff in skyrim.

I want this!

full.gif

as understand, how constraints work in the game, it can be 90% soft body phx like.

She acts ALOT more real than what we have now........Can I get a link to what you have?

Someone had it in their post......I think it's either PhysX or a different type of HDT?

??

Guys, don't waste time searching this, it is just a small animation made by myself in the poser to test the bullet physic effects. It is not related to any stuff in skyrim.

So how do we get it in the game?

.......It looks like *YOU* should be doing animations for Skyrim!

:D

Forgive me if this has already been clarified, but if i disable my HDT 14.28 and enable this dll, will i still see the usual body bouncing and jiggling?  I have them both running atm, and haven't noticed anything untoward yet.

It would be nice to know which difference that new HDT SMP will make compared to PE itself.

More accurate physics?

Less FPS while it maintains current physics?

Or even something better?

For now i only understood that you could give everything physics. 

In my eyes thats nothing new. Just something that finally gets everything done, what PE itself could have done.

Based on my understanding, HDT-PE and HDT-SMP are created by different physic engines. PE is using havok while SMP is using Bullet. So, the total mechanics are different.

Were is your sig from?

I want this!

full.gif

??

Got close with HDT-PE and Demonica, getting really close with HDT-SM and Demonica.

How does one go about adding additional collision parameters in the HDT-SM.xmls?

Boobs are working great but I have no collision with upper arms, forearms or hands.

Does this new HDT make physics for schlongs any easier?

I'd say yes with a qualifier. I reversed engineered the hair mod here for HDT-SMP and have genital collision. You create an xml file and add a NiStringExtraData to your sos body/gentital nifs pointing to this xml. I have no clue what many of the variables do, or their limitations, so I'm just throwing spaghetti at bumping uglies. I can barely figure out which axis points where, some seem to be upside down, and sometimes additive rather than absolute. No havok object getting in the way of custom physics, though it may auto-equip something or other. I've notice male character going t-pose from time to time, but restarting game usually fixes (may be an SoS conflict, I was using an old custom version of SoS light, but needed some newer features, so just upgraded to test out HDT-SMP).

It almost works, female opens up when the ramming starts. Just need to explore weight paints, bones, xml-values etc, root out the perfect trifecta. I'm sure much smarter people than me will reveal the mysteries of the xml-Bullet physics and mod something useful for the rest of us. Going to take time -- .

edit, it also appears to offer possibilities of adding weight physics to bone branches -- schlongs. Though not sure how the latest xpms-e is setup, and whether it will conflict with custom bone settings etc. But, having the schlong use a negative collision --magnet-- during basic collision, a bullseye ever thrust. One strange edit I had and the schlong started twirling around like a snake from across the room heading right for the twat, it appeared to have gravity towards the defined female collision bones. 

I want this!

full.gif

??

Got close with HDT-PE and Demonica, getting really close with HDT-SM and Demonica.

How does one go about adding additional collision parameters in the HDT-SM.xmls?

Boobs are working great but I have no collision with upper arms, forearms or hands.

Create xmls for the hands and attach extrastrings in the nif file of the hands, that's how it works. if hands meshes do not handle convincing collision then create proxy meshes(any shape of custom mesh with no texture) skinning to the hand bones.

So, for someone who actually has no idea of physics simulation whatsoever:

What are the (dis-)advantages atm for a simple user (/tester) if I switch to SMP from PE?

If it's possible, how could I simply alter presets (like .xml files for PE) / if not, will there be provided a method to simply alter it? (I mean, I AM a noob, I need to see directly the chnges, so it best would be a program with preview function xD)

What would I need to run it properly (what body, skeleton, armor, ...)?

And, @Hydro: Is there any chance for SMP to appear here or on the Nexus, when it's finished?

And please, try to avoid terms like "rigidbody", "havok collision" or anything similar. Stay as simple at possible, I beg you ;)

So, for someone who actually has no idea of physics simulation whatsoever:

What are the (dis-)advantages atm for a simple user (/tester) if I switch to SMP from PE?

If it's possible, how could I simply alter presets (like .xml files for PE) / if not, will there be provided a method to simply alter it? (I mean, I AM a noob, I need to see directly the chnges, so it best would be a program with preview function xD)

What would I need to run it properly (what body, skeleton, armor, ...)?

And, @Hydro: Is there any chance for SMP to appear here or on the Nexus, when it's finished?

And please, try to avoid terms like "rigidbody", "havok collision" or anything similar. Stay as simple at possible, I beg you ;)

Dunno about body physics (breasts/butt motion etc.), never tested it with HDT-SMP neither with HDT-PE, but:

As for hair and cloth, it works a way better, really.

No more retarded jitter, stratching and so on - and collision works really fine, that is mostly important.

There was no way to make HDT-PE collisions work ok, but HDT-SMP solved this problem. finally.

So basically SMP uses a new technique to wipe those well known PE glitches. Are there also any new features with this new technique? Like HDT enabled clothing (you know, waving cloaks or sth like that). Not to downvote sth, I will bow before you, Hydro, when SMP actualy will be released, but there would be so many possibilities for a physics extension ;)

And my old question: How do I use it?

What resources/requirements will I need to test it? (any special bodies or is CBBE HDT ok, a special skeleton apart from XPMSE, ...)

Can I use existing HDT PE plugins like HDT Highheels or Hair Physics Project? (I think no ^^)

Is it only for a nude body only or will it work with armors equipped aswell? If yes to armors, do they have to be altered again or would those armor sets of CT77 or KillerKeos still work?

Archived