HDT Skinned Mesh Physics - Developer Preview Only

zzz72w3r

The only thing SMT will conflict with is the HDT physics, so heels and sitting height adjusters will work fine. The biggest issues is anything that relies on HDT-physics for collision and movement wont work/possible crash (dunno don't have any running atm, Excludes anything TBBP/BBP only stuff). SMT so far is vastly supperior in its motions, and also appears to be more stable in resource consumption at the hardware level.

For basic movement of bodies it default supports TBBp bones without collisions. The biggest difference between smt and hdt is that smt actually supports and uses the tbbp 01breast bones.

Also for those interested there was an update on the 6th of April.

PE and SMP are compatible as long as you're not doing the exact same thing. For example, i have SMP for breast and butt jiggle and the like, whereas PE still handle the vagina physics, high heels, etc. etc.. As long as there's no conflict, they can both be used just fine.

So basically SMP uses a new technique to wipe those well known PE glitches. Are there also any new features with this new technique? Like HDT enabled clothing (you know, waving cloaks or sth like that). Not to downvote sth, I will bow before you, Hydro, when SMP actualy will be released, but there would be so many possibilities for a physics extension ;)

And my old question: How do I use it?

What resources/requirements will I need to test it? (any special bodies or is CBBE HDT ok, a special skeleton apart from XPMSE, ...)

Can I use existing HDT PE plugins like HDT Highheels or Hair Physics Project? (I think no ^^)

Is it only for a nude body only or will it work with armors equipped aswell? If yes to armors, do they have to be altered again or would those armor sets of CT77 or KillerKeos still work?

As for waving cloacks etc. - it was possible on HDT-PE too, but because of collision related problems it was difficult to realize.

Yes, I suppose now we can reach some sucsess in it. 

The general method of physics implementation (bones structure)  is the same for HDT-PE and HDT-SMP, so there will be no absolutely realistic cloth simulation, obviously. But it is a big progress still.

As for how to use,

try to check any HDT-SMP mod here on loverslab, there will be a manual (place .dll to SKSE folder etc.).

You don't need smth special. The installation way is the same with every other SKSE mod.

But I don't know about body physics, as I said before.

I tested HDT-SMP hair and cloth and it work fine with vanilla skeleton.

>>Can I use existing HDT PE plugins like HDT Highheels or Hair Physics Project? (I think no ^^)

No. 

But bones and skinning maiden for HDT-PE can be used for HDT-SMP (you do not need to edit meshes and skeletons in 3d editors to make them compatible with HDT-SMP) .

So the only thing you have to change is .xml.

It is not really difficult.

upd - as far as I remember HDT Highheels does not include physics? If it's right you can use with HDT-SMP mods, why not

>>Is it only for a nude body only or will it work with armors equipped aswell?

There are no such a things like "nude body" and "armor" in Skyrim, actually.

Armor does not put on body - armor REPLACE body with itself.

So, armor will not have physics on it by default (it will work only for nude body, every armor should be skinned for HDT bones seperately, see no other way - was it different fot HDT-PE?... I am not sure about this but it seems to be logical.)

>>If yes to armors, do they have to be altered again or would those armor sets of CT77 or KillerKeos still work?

Don't know what armor sets you are talking about, but if they are HDT-PE-enabled then it will not work, as I said before we need to edit an xml ti make them work.

• 2 weeks later...

I applied this dll and summon female character than CTD! :D

Log

plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\hdtSkinnedMeshPhysics.dll (00000001 hdtSkinnedMeshPhysics 00000001) loaded correctly

Skyrim has crashed. A minidump containing debugging information is being written to C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SKSE\Crashdumps\2015-03-05_00.52.58.dmp.

attachicon.gif2015-03-05_00.52.58.7z

having the same problem as you

can't load any game with or without mods

The only thing SMT will conflict with is the HDT physics, so heels and sitting height adjusters will work fine. The biggest issues is anything that relies on HDT-physics for collision and movement wont work/possible crash (dunno don't have any running atm, Excludes anything TBBP/BBP only stuff). SMT so far is vastly supperior in its motions, and also appears to be more stable in resource consumption at the hardware level.

For basic movement of bodies it default supports TBBp bones without collisions. The biggest difference between smt and hdt is that smt actually supports and uses the tbbp 01breast bones.

Also for those interested there was an update on the 6th of April.

If you properly seperate it you could have collision by PE and movement by SMP without problem same goes for the other way round because people didn't wanted to seperate like I often told that it is dumb to pack any crap in the default xml we now have to seperate everything again.

Good thing SMP makes seperation easier if authors don't do ordered stuff and put anything in one file again we will have a clusterfuck again.

@Groovtama : you pack some considerable influence being the creator of 'the' skeleton, you could probably create a best practice demo/tutorial (maybe with zipfile) for others to toy with, hopefully this becoming the default way we do things.

I just finished the MQs of Skyrim (bought it in December) so I hope to devote some time now to the gamemechanics and everything under the hood.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I didn't put too much time into testing out this stuff but apparently it doesn't work with the Enhanced Camera mod. There is no physics in first person for your body, hair or clothes at all.

Also, looking through the 3 SMP hairs I just downloaded apparently they will clip through your body if you don't include a full body into the nif. But well, thats just a guess from a random guy that has nothing to do with modding.

This was an issue on my side and I managed to fix it. I just didn't "install" it properly.

Btw does anyone knows if it will still remain the custom physics on clothes even after making a bodyslide conversion? With the current havor engine you will loose all your custom physics if you try to convert this armor/cloth into a blodyslide version (i.e. your skirt won't have any physics anymore)

Cuz that was the biggest complain I had about HDT PE. That you have to choose between awesome custom physics like skirts, chains etc with different bodysizes or you can have a unified bodysize with fixed physics for butts and breasts which sometimes were buggy as well.

Well, I didn't put too much time into testing out this stuff but apparently it doesn't work with the Enhanced Camera mod. There is no physics in first person for your body, hair or clothes at all.

Also, looking through the 3 SMP hairs I just downloaded apparently they will clip through your body if you don't include a full body into the nif. But well, thats just a guess from a random guy that has nothing to do with modding.

This was an issue on my side and I managed to fix it. I just didn't "install" it properly.

Btw does anyone knows if it will still remain the custom physics on clothes even after making a bodyslide conversion? With the current havor engine you will loose all your custom physics if you try to convert this armor/cloth into a blodyslide version (i.e. your skirt won't have any physics anymore)

Cuz that was the biggest complain I had about HDT PE. That you have to choose between awesome custom physics like skirts, chains etc with different bodysizes or you can have a unified bodysize with fixed physics for butts and breasts which sometimes were buggy as well.

I would imagine that you have to apply the HDT to the first person armour and arm models for it to work.

I prefer using Immersive First Person view mod as it uses the third person models anyway. (you actually have a real shadow as well ;) )

I actualyl did replace 1stpersonfemalebody_ with the 3rd person one, but it still didn't work. But I didn't investigated it much further since I was busy playing around with the physics instead.
So far I really do like it. I wonder how it will work out on the long run. I certainly hope it will some day be fully replace HDT PE :D

Note: apparently I'm not allowed to quote since this is only my second post and it's bugging around.. strange

• 9 months later...

I have jotted down a guide for users or modders based on my experience with SMP, I would have put it here on the Lab but you cant really do anything without a bunch of posts.

Can find it on the nexus forums: 3800385-a-guide-to-hdt-smp-usersmodders/?p=34554535

No links for me :lol:

As I can unfortunately not read Chinese, most of my understanding is coming from interpretation of google translate and testing (trail and error) with a little bit of assumption based on my animation/programming background.

• 6 months later...

Pretty confusing because a couple of mods like Angelis Devious Expansion uses the HDT SMP.  The XP 32 Skeleton is now compatible.  I am scared to try it with all my mods with it not being backward compatible and what is written above.  Really wanted to see Angeli plugs expand my girl though.

Archived