HDT Skinned Mesh Physics - Developer Preview Only

zzz72w3r

..., developer know how to get both running

that does indeed sound promising :)  makes it more tempting to run 2nd install of skyrim with new hdt for testing.  Steam is a pain of course, and was thinking about using Virtual machine, but there's a solution here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3028847which would be rather better performance wise if it works. (posted in case anyone else wants to play without breaking main install: 3rd post down) (EDIT: I've not tested it yet so don't guarantee it won't break main; will try it this week)

It would be nice to know which difference that new HDT SMP will make compared to PE itself.
More accurate physics?
Less FPS while it maintains current physics?
Or even something better?
For now i only understood that you could give everything physics. 

In my eyes thats nothing new. Just something that finally gets everything done, what PE itself could have done.

The difference is in the quality of physics, the quantity of physics, and to the best of my knowledge, the ease of making something affected by these physics. From what I can tell, the new system recognizes the mesh itself as a boundary for movement. This would mean that the new system should see next to no clipping due to movement and variance in body styles/scaling, and doesn't require an object to enforce these physics on the actor, like the Havok Object some HDT installs needed. There is a lot more complicated stuff going on under the hood to make this feasible, but my lack of knowledge on some of the terminology, plus the language barrier, makes understanding what has exactly changed a bit difficult.

It would be nice to know which difference that new HDT SMP will make compared to PE itself.

More accurate physics?

Less FPS while it maintains current physics?

Or even something better?

For now i only understood that you could give everything physics. 

In my eyes thats nothing new. Just something that finally gets everything done, what PE itself could have done.

Based on my understanding, HDT-PE and HDT-SMP are created by different physic engines. PE is using havok while SMP is using Bullet. So, the total mechanics are different.

Ahh very cool,

It implements canderes' oft requested mesh type Rigid bodies

Your rigid bodies are now your actual mesh object (this could be good and bad under certain circumstances I guess)

Sounds like hydro implemented collisions injecting via xml pathing.

Custom simplified XML layout. Which IMO makes it harder for the actual modders. (I think Hydro plans on making their own custom toolkit for modders though)

Currently limited constraint choices, which is to be understood since it's a preview.

Downsides are no longer exporting directly from Havok Tool Utilities in 3dsmax/Maya etc...

Old hdt stuff need to be converted to new format etc..

Oh and here's the killer, it's not based off of Havok shit anymore :D

Seems like Hydro used the Bullet Libraries instead of offloading things via Havok (dunno, I'd have to look at source to figure more out but that's the feeling I get is what happened)

Depending on how many features of the bullet libraries and how good hydro's physics is we could start seeing a lot more functionality/constraints etc... from this version in the future.

edit: Took a look at meshes, and well unfortunately it seems like any and all collideable objects must be contained in the nif and that it is still bone based. Makes the nifs a tad bit messier.

Hello,blabba,I‘m the author of those HDT-SMP mods on 3DM.My name is o0天涯0o in 3DM.I know that you want to get the sourcecode of SMP.And I'm sorry that hydro did not agree to give me the sourcecode .So I could not supply the sourcecode to you.But I can give you some demo and some simple instructions.(It's hard for me to explain some idea to you in English.I'm not good at English.)

I'm sorry,Because lacking of using English,I can't chat with you online in English now.(I'm a Chinese.)So if you want to communicate with me,please write to my e-mail:1129609521@qq.com.(I come to LL once a mouth.)

I'm sorry.If there are some sentences which give offence to you.I haven't spoken English for a long time.So maybe I'll take some mistakes in grammer and explaining my idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I applied this dll and summon female character than CTD! :D

Log

plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\hdtSkinnedMeshPhysics.dll (00000001 hdtSkinnedMeshPhysics 00000001) loaded correctly

Skyrim has crashed. A minidump containing debugging information is being written to C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SKSE\Crashdumps\2015-03-05_00.52.58.dmp.

2015-03-05_00.52.58.7z

I must say that looks much nicer. Plus we have a huge bonus of not needing to deal with collision shapes those damn things never seemed to lineup right in-game. Well not for me anyway. But I'm wondering how you generate the xml now. By hand using the demo as reference? Oh and does the main character body files need updating for the collision to work or does the default.xml include that this time? Sigh so many questions and her I am on my old comp with next to no modding tools installed.

I want this!

full.gif

i have even better than this for sexlab of old hdt dll.

as understand, how constraints work in the game, it can be 90% soft body phx like.

She acts ALOT more real than what we have now........Can I get a link to what you have?

I'll stick it later with sos hdt , from where's this  gif  ? 

I want this!

full.gif

i have even better than this for sexlab of old hdt dll.

as understand, how constraints work in the game, it can be 90% soft body phx like.

She acts ALOT more real than what we have now........Can I get a link to what you have?

I'll stick it later with sos hdt , from where's this  gif  ? 

Someone had it in their post......I think it's either PhysX or a different type of HDT?

??

So this is like treating every mesh vertex as a bone?

Would be nice if I could animate vertices,...for nipple sucking animations,...ball sucking too 

More or less, a quick google translate shows that it dictates the mesh triangle surface as something that will collide with the mesh that has bone rigs implemented, so in theory, it would work with what you said (although I'm not sure why the Author mentions XPMSE bones might be incompatible, since I tried with the 2 example clothes and they worked)

I hope some mods come out of this, as it it is there's very few clothes, hair and acessory mods with physics as it is.

It would be pretty easy to do, if the tools and guides get released. I was in the middle of adding physics to all the vanilla armors, but realized half way through it's pointless unless SMP comes out, since everyone will want collision for their own custom bodies and assets with their own values.

Archived