Any word on a CM mod for skyrim?

flyingweseal

First, I have to say thanks to everyone here for all the work they do. I have found a lot of great mods because of this site. I hope to add some of my own work after this semester ends and I have some free time.

That being said I have been looking for a mod like CM Partners from Oblivion. Here is a link to the mod I am talking about. I hope I don't step on any toes linking it.

CM Partners

I haven't been able to find anything close to it. If there isn't a WIP I might try my hand at it this summer, but I have never created a mod before so I doubt I will try with something like this at first at least.

Thanks in advance.

Flyingweseal

Think a CM partner mod is awhile off yet, getting the scripts to work and making custom npcs without the head discolour bug to work right will take sometime. They will be one or something like MCS. Give it another month or two and some wide ranged partner mod will be wip.

Actually just from what little I have looked at it in the ck, making companions is not that hard, adding abilities, and extra's of good quality, will probably be some time off.

I quit doing companion after TagladyOB in 2006, and I just don't use them much, there are always bugs about them, even the best ones, cause some problems in certain quests, or lose items at odd times, or everything they say becomes so repetitive that it is annoying, that's just me though.

But I do understand the fascination with them, I have just sort of gotten away from them so I don't really keep up with there evolution.

I'm not sure I see the point of creating a CM mod for Skyrim... The default follower faction already has options for inventory, follow, and wait commands. Those were the only commands I used in CM Partners.

Did you want followers to have unlimited carry weight, local/non-local warp, ability to adjust aggressiveness, combat style, etc. too?

We will not get a decent companion mod until Bethesda fixes their Creation Kit's issue involving discolored heads.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1347249-unofficial-creation-kit-bug-list-2/

http://frontierskyrim.wordpress.com/2012/02/13/a-couple-of-ck-bugs/

In short, while the creation kit is useful on a fundamental level, it is basically broken in its current form. Think of it as a beta.

I'm not sure I see the point of creating a CM mod for Skyrim... The default follower faction already has options for inventory' date=' follow, and wait commands. Those were the only commands I used in CM Partners.

Did you want followers to have unlimited carry weight, local/non-local warp, ability to adjust aggressiveness, combat style, etc. too?

[/quote']

Unless beth fixed it, their comps have unlimited carry weight. Instead of giving it to them via the screen, just drop it on the ground and tell them to pick it up. (that method also skips the clunky UI)

It would be nice to be able to force/request them to specific weapons/tactics though. (or heck, gimme a SWTOR style menu for which attacks they use.)

In additional comps, the only thing I'd really like(that doesn't have tool limitations(to my knowledge) is a baby dragon as a pet instead of a dog.

I'd primarily want a few functions from CM to be adapted into Skyrim's followers via mods. Mainly, the ability to have multiple followers (preferably with a mod that either weakens followers or greatly increases enemy health), the ability to teleport missing followers to you, and the ability to have them interact with the area you leave them in rather than just stand in one place staring into space. Oh, and to make them not go home after waiting like that for three days. I really enjoyed recruiting partners and instructing them to stay in my various Oblivion homes as residents.

... should I feel bad that I recruited followers just to dress them up in perverted outfits and use them for eye candy? :P

Nah man, they're programmed to love every bit of what we do to them. (Apart from torturing them, unless you personally change their AI to like it..)

Thanks for the replys everyone.

This has definitly helped to give me insight into what people would want (good to know I am not the only one that wants a sexy entourage), and what to look for as far as bugs and what not. Seeing as I am making myself wait till summer to play with the CK hopefully they will fix some of its downfails I have been reading about.

I've recreated the very basics of the CM partners mod. Unfortunately, I'm still not that familiar with the CK and the new scripting language (seems like there are a lot of functions left out) so I don't think I can do any more.

It's a .esp file right now because I don't know how to change it to a master. Hopefully someone else can take this up and improve on it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2ls0t62rb52d062

EDIT:

I just found out that there's a multiple followers mod in the works. That means what I've done is basically obsolete.

I've recreated the very basics of the CM partners mod. Unfortunately' date=' I'm still not that familiar with the CK and the new scripting language (seems like there are a lot of functions left out) so I don't think I can do any more.

It's a .esp file right now because I don't know how to change it to a master. Hopefully someone else can take this up and improve on it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2ls0t62rb52d062[/s']

EDIT:

I just found out that there's a multiple followers mod in the works. That means what I've done is basically obsolete.

Thanks, for the link I will have to check it out. I guess I will also need to find a new summer project LOL.

Archived