Bow 3rd Person draw all models broken? Arrows too shrinking?

I'd like to ask about a certain issue I have regarding bows and arrows. I don't use a single archery mod or anything that might fiddle with its settings as I'm practically patient enough to stick with the vanilla values.

The issue I have is with regards to the looks of the bows or any bow modded or not and their arrows when drawn via third-person view. FPS mode looks fine but for some reason, bows in 3rd person look broken with the bowstring shaped like a very wide letter "M" lying on its side when fully drawn and the arrow barely reaching the actual bow itself in length. It looks more like my character's trying to poke its own hand with the arrow while the bowstring is bent crazily like that.

Here are pairs of images to show what I'm saying. The first two I've drawn colored lines to be a bit clearer on where the string and arrows are.

th_Linedup_zpse8dcd8ae.pngth_Linedup2_zps7511ba73.pngth_ScreenShot3_zps50b77b11.pngth_ScreenShot2_zps88db8258.png

As far as I know, FNIS didn't have any issues (ran it with skeleton arm, bow, momo jump fixes) accordingly. I've recently introduced Pretty Combat Animations and repatched with the same settings but no changes there. The issue persists with any bow even vanilla. The bow I'm using in the screenie is The Huntsman.

Do note I did not change any weapon scaling using ECE.

The bow is not properly skinned.

ia01xaa9irn2nl97g.jpg

You should tell the author of the mod, so they can fix it.

And while your there tell them to use texture sets so they don't have 7 nifs of the same version..

I don't really know if the textures or nifs have anything to do with the bug as any bow even vanilla has the same issue for me. I don't even know how people are able to take screenshots of their character with a properly drawn bowstring like some of them do. Tis' sorcery I tell you!  :lol:

Anyway, the huntsman does have a lot of issues itself. We'll see if there's going to be an update for that.

I don't really know if the textures or nifs have anything to do with the bug as any bow even vanilla has the same issue for me. I don't even know how people are able to take screenshots of their character with a properly drawn bowstring like some of them do. Tis' sorcery I tell you!  laugh.png

Anyway, the huntsman does have a lot of issues itself. We'll see if there's going to be an update for that.

The textures have nothing to do with your problem, but the nifs are, they are poorly skinned.

And your vanilla bows string is an 'M' shape when drawn to? or do you mean there look like winnys pics?

I don't really know if the textures or nifs have anything to do with the bug as any bow even vanilla has the same issue for me. I don't even know how people are able to take screenshots of their character with a properly drawn bowstring like some of them do. Tis' sorcery I tell you!  laugh.png

The textures have nothing to do with your problem, but the nifs are, they are poorly skinned.

And your vanilla bows string is an 'M' shape when drawn to? or do you mean there look like winnys pics?

I'd say the vanilla ones tend to be more like Winny's pics but the strings still don't reach the drawing hand. :lol As for the huntsman, based on what you showed me, I guess that M shape is native to the mesh itself which sucks seeing as the author doesn't seem to care anymore (read some posts regarding the issue already).

Man do I hate taking screenshots of my character with the bows like that. It's like someone needs to kill those bows with fire.

seeing as the author doesn't seem to care anymore

That sucks, its a nicely made bow and mod in general.

And to fix the problem of the string not being in the players hand when drawn, the bow animation needs to be edited to better sync with the players bow animation. Or vice versa, so maybe there is already a fixed anim some where.

seeing as the author doesn't seem to care anymore

That sucks, its a nicely made bow and mod in general.

And to fix the problem of the string not being in the players hand when drawn, the bow animation needs to be edited to better sync with the players bow animation. Or vice versa, so maybe there is already a fixed anim some where.

I'm always up to date stood but I have not found anything that fixes this problem.

...looked at the wrong picture^^

why wrong pictures? This stood in his text "The issue persists with any bow even vanilla."

this bow is a hunting bow and orc arrows.

"oh well", this bug did not exist in Morrowind and Oblivion.

because I looked at the last picture and didn't saw the M string and didn't get that the red string is the actual string so I thought it was the old problem that's already fixed. but this is as Vio says the skinning.

...looked at the wrong picture^^

why wrong pictures? This stood in his text "The issue persists with any bow even vanilla."

this bow is a hunting bow and orc arrows.

"oh well", this bug did not exist in Morrowind and Oblivion.

because I looked at the last picture and didn't saw the M string and didn't get that the red string is the actual string so I thought it was the old problem that's already fixed. but this is as Vio says the skinning.

oh sorry, I thought you mean my pictures, so just a misunderstanding. :)

What I meant by good pictures is getting the bow drawn and looking properly. I know how to take screenies of course  :D . Sadly, that bow animation was already from the latest PCA pack and the mod author is supposedly already working with some sort of animation baseline for all linked animations not to conflict with each other like 1h to DW. The mod apparently pretty much hates XPMSE which is my main skeleton for HDT. I guess I'll just pretend I never saw the unseeable...  :-/

What I meant by good pictures is getting the bow drawn and looking properly. I know how to take screenies of course  :D . Sadly, that bow animation was already from the latest PCA pack and the mod author is supposedly already working with some sort of animation baseline for all linked animations not to conflict with each other like 1h to DW. The mod apparently pretty much hates XPMSE which is my main skeleton for HDT. I guess I'll just pretend I never saw the unseeable...  :-/

Beth just fucked up the female 3rd person skeleton, but drawn weapon sizes can be fixed with a script. The M stuff needs to be fixed by the author.

Beth just fucked up the female 3rd person skeleton, but drawn weapon sizes can be fixed with a script. The M stuff needs to be fixed by the author.

What magnificent script would that be? Perhaps it'll just supersize the weapons themselves? Or does it accordingly adjust stuff? I am now curious.  :o

Small script I made and Jacquess finished, and I'm updating now to fix all other inconviences with the female skeleton scale bethesda fucked up. Will be in the next release. If not something is fucked up.

Basically 3rd person female hand scale as you have scaled it, take the reciprocal of it, multiply it to the weapon node scale. (it works best when Weapon/Shield is not scaled itself), That would be for bow and arrow.

Small script I made and Jacquess finished, and I'm updating now to fix all other inconviences with the female skeleton scale bethesda fucked up. Will be in the next release. If not something is fucked up.

Basically 3rd person female hand scale as you have scaled it, take the reciprocal of it, multiply it to the weapon node scale. (it works best when Weapon/Shield is not scaled itself), That would be for bow and arrow.

Wow, that's a lot to look forward to. I will definitely be looking out for it.  ^_^ The extended skeleton has certainly given many players a better animated gameplay life than before. I envy you people who are able to produce such works by combining hard work and talent.

Archived