[Discussion] Second Life animations to Skyrim

moneta321

Hello,

Recently I placed my eye onto the SL world and was quite amazed with a TONs of custom adult and non-adult animations available there by a third party animators. So the question is: does anyone tried already to port some of this stuff into the Skyrim?

Technically of course it's require extra work to fit SL animations to Skyrim skeletons. And as I get it most of animations are done in Blender, or in motion capture packages. So if the copyright is not a real issue (make exclusive offer to authors?) that would be worth to try it.

How do you think?

To those that never heard of second life do you have any samples how these animation looks like ??

If they are mocap then that can be problem because the re-targeting for blender is not working right. And usually it will be total waste of time converting this to an skyrim armature since you will be having more difficulty to fix the bad orientation the re-targeting causes.

Second Life uses BVH animation files , There is no legal way to copy SL animations , unless you have the original BVH file on your PC.

And from there comes the tedious part of Converting the BVH into HKX . The Russian Modders did make a MOCAP converter for Skyrim but you have to apply corrections to the animations once done. I had converted some free MOCAP animations I had googled it  2 years ago( eg the Macarena Song )it  works okay with the tweaks .

That being said SL Animators don't work for free in SL ........mostly . ( I know a little of the scenario cause I worked on a few animations/furniture myself in there a few years ago and know that they wouldn't like their animations given out for free )

Cheers

Second Life uses BVH animation files , There is no legal way to copy SL animations , unless you have the original BVH file on your PC.

And from there comes the tedious part of Converting the BVH into HKX . The Russian Modders did make a MOCAP converter for Skyrim but you have to apply corrections to the animations once done. I had converted some free MOCAP animations I had googled it  2 years ago( eg the Macarena Song )it  works okay with the tweaks .

That being said SL Animators don't work for free in SL ........mostly . ( I know a little of the scenario cause I worked on a few animations/furniture myself in there a few years ago and know that they wouldn't like their animations given out for free )

Cheers

Is SexLab legal in itself according to Bethesda?

Cheers

Is SexLab legal in itself according to Bethesda?

SL in the above context means SECOND LIFE 

and for Skyrim

it most likely is legal , cause NO ONE is supposed make money or sell  mods they make ( sexlab included ) 

Archived