Need some first person volunteers..

prideslayer

For those of you playing in first person (or even 3rd person but it's far less common) who experience invisibility issues in sexout, I would like you to try something for me. I have a fix in my working version that I intend to release, but before I do, I would like some beta results. Since it's so easy to do in the console (and predicting when you will be invisible is so difficult) I'm asking for a 'beta test' of the fix this way rather than with a download.

Next time you are invisible, open the console and just type this:

player.SetActorAlpha 1.0

You should return to full visibility from complete or partial invisibility. Let me know if this does indeed fix the issue for you.

I always play at first person and I found a way that correct the bug nearly every time. I don't know if that could help.

When I disappear I

1) go to the console and type tfc

2) zoom out, in game

3) go to the console and type tfc

maybe if you force a script to do that, it could correct the bug ?

I don't know what was used in oblivion and don't have any oblivion mods installed right now. One more thing to add to the "when I have time" list, but it's probably some OBSE function that hasn't made it to NVSE. Whatever it used, it has to be something that either:

1. I can call repeatedly without it causing disruption.

or

2. Is guaranteed to work every time when just called once.

This is something I need to do blindly and often since I can't tell if the actor is invisible or not. Toggling TFC repeatedly during the animation would just make people sick.. ;) Please try the command above next time you turn invisible' date=' if you remember.

[/quote']

May the system do the operation in a very quick and unoticable way for the user ?

This is something I need to do blindly and often since I can't tell if the actor is invisible or not. Toggling TFC repeatedly during the animation would just make people sick.. ;) Please try the command above next time you turn invisible' date=' if you remember.

[/quote']

May the system do the operation in a very quick and unoticable way for the user ?

Not TFC or the 3rd person switch. It's that switch which is causing most of the invisibility in the first place, which is why people who play in 3rd person rarely experience the problem. The only other thing that seems to cause it is being partially underground or inside some object when the animation starts.

That is something sexout is already doing. Being in 3rd person is a requirement for the UFO cam (tfc) to work. If you go into TFC without being in 3rd person, you are invisible. Control 13 (TogglePOV) is the "toggle 1st person" control. Not sure why that weaponOut check is in your example though.. ;)

Most of the 1st person invisibility comes from sexout toggling into 3rd person and the camera not being able to pull back far enough for the player to be visible before toggling the UFO cam. The telephoto setting in NG is there to try to resolve this, but it's a "nasty hack" and that's why it's not enabled by default. Nevermind that it's not reliable; if something is 'behind' the camera preventing you from zooming out, then it won't work.

Archived