Just some thoughts since I starting make mod

yui0820

Lore isn't as important as immersion, and anything that breaks my willing suspension of disbelief is a speedbump in my gameplay as well. A mod can't be awesome if it does that. As much as I like Deadpool, to have him as a follower would be an inconsistency that would irritate me like a mosquito buzzing in my ear. There are a lot of mods that would be awesome if the creator wasn't too enamored of their own work to consider how it integrates with the setting, how it can make itself at home amongst works done by other talented creators. This strikes me as self-centered and disrespectful.

That said, the original OP's presentation wouldn't stand out as an inconsistency. A child with more personality, charm and intelligence could plausibly be produced by this setting, and would probably convince me to finally adopt one of the little critters. The dimensions look natural for a child, and even if you exaggerated them for expressive intensity, it still doesn't appear to be conspicuously deforming. It's a character I can identify for who you present it to be.

There will be those people who will insist that the mod strictly fit the world it's supposed to inhabit in within supposedly realistic limitations, but then there will also be others who want to put something in Skyrim that they think would enhance and make their gameplay more enjoyable, no matter how unnatural it may look or function.

Blaming "anime"-style mods for purportedly "ruining" lore isn't going to help things. Again, we can choose how to personally define "lore" and create our own stories through gameplay -- it's what RPG games should be all about -- remember, it's your own adventure, not someone else's.

Funny thing that loreis ... for god sake, everyone is different. Some people like vanilla skyrim, others like moded-skyrim in their own way!

Come on, if you want a real lore game. Play real life!

Just people on youtube are mean, they do criticism without real reason and only because of their taste.

Plus there is magic in this game so why not considering the fact that a guy could create some magic spells that makes people look beautiful (like : yui0820 :angel: )

Just people on youtube are mean, they do criticism without real reason and only because of their taste.

Oh, yes, of course... *shakes head* Comments on Youtube often approach to the point of idiotic and trolling. You can shut off commentary, though.

Skyrim didn't really get half as many good, original, lore friendly outfits, and as far as ported content goes, the Tera stuff can only be called marginally lore friendly, as in...the lowest tier Tera armor in the Tera set would probably be equatable to one of the most complex and hardest to attain armors on Nirn, much less Tamriel...just in the design and materials of it. And the Witcher ports, while more western in style, aren't specifically right for the visual period Skyrim is in.

is this lore friendly?

596362dsqsd.jpg

that's stuff from daz, a lot got converted to skyrim, but you won't find that on the nexus (there are some but most get deleted)

I think some would dismiss it just for being a daz product, but I think there's a lot of talented creators using Daz Studio and Poser who don't get the respect they deserve. They're slightly different interpretations of the same period's styles and designs, but don't stick out like a sore thumb in Skyrim.

Bethesda themselves has played fast and loose enough with their visual interpretations that you could just shove a fistful of square pegs up their floppy round holes.

edit: Wow, I'm feeling ranty today. Maybe I should just go smoke a bowl.

Man. You are doing great work.

Whoever thinks otherwise - because they dont like size of eyes or something - you have my blessing to tell them "go screw yourself".

Some people always complain. You wont change that. So just ignore them.

Seriously - we got a magic world here, filled to the brim with unrealistic things, and people complain that some characters look too good to be natural...

100 points for your description, just right. there will always be people who have something to complain about.

"a big mouth and nothing behind it" (German saying). if they can do better, then they should prove it, if not then she should keep her mouth.

Skyrim didn't really get half as many good, original, lore friendly outfits, and as far as ported content goes, the Tera stuff can only be called marginally lore friendly, as in...the lowest tier Tera armor in the Tera set would probably be equatable to one of the most complex and hardest to attain armors on Nirn, much less Tamriel...just in the design and materials of it. And the Witcher ports, while more western in style, aren't specifically right for the visual period Skyrim is in.

is this lore friendly?

596362dsqsd.jpg

that's stuff from daz, a lot got converted to skyrim, but you won't find that on the nexus (there are some but most get deleted)

Some of it is, some of it is not. Granted a lot of what Bethesda themselves have done over the years has varied in structural design complexity of the armor so saying an armor is or isn't lore is kind of a toss up.

If we're talking visual aesthetics then I'd say the first three are beyond the skill of Eorlund Greymane in structural composition, Skyrim metallurgy doesn't appear to have advanced to the points to be able to mold steel in that fashion. The second two are more believable but being Daz content, unless I owned it and converted it myself, I wouldn't have it so its kind of immaterial in regards to armors available to the public that count as good western themed armor sets.

Overall though its an internal argument that the game loses with itself anyways, most of Skyrims armor is very organic and believable then you get stuff like the steel plate which comes directly out of Norman England which while appearing to derive from previous plate design in the iron category, adds all kinds of complicated advances in metallurgic molding that you kinda wonder where it came from.

And again I'm not like ITS THE LOAR DUMMEH here with my observations, cause everyone has a right to have whatever they want in their Skyrim install, if your lore says the Dovahkiin is a 12 year old child, then thats the lore. If someone elses lore says the Dovahkiin is a reincarnated Lusty Argonian Maid that regularly has sex with dogs...then thats the lore.

My lore...Skyrim is just a much more organic place. I prefer blood, leather and steel. With a dash of aggressive sex and an overtone of slavery in the background because I just prefer a darker, grimmer world. Thats my lore.

We create the lore of our worlds, so no lore is wrong.

If people don't like it so what, there will always be someone that doesn't like something. All of your characters are beautiful and many of us are happy that you have shared them so we can use them as well. The only negative comments that I ever look at are ones that actually have some constructive criticism and I will consider if what they said is an improvement or fits with what I have done. As far as I'm concerned you don't need to change a thing.

You can never please every one and many of thoes that talk shit about mods like yours, dont have the talent too make mods and make something "better".

I for one like the look of your charaters 

Thank you for what you said, yes you are right.

Can't please every one.

Keep on doing what you love to do and you will always have supporters of your work.  I myself am somewhat of a lore purist, but I could not resist downloading your Elf Milf (who on earth could)!  Other followers followed. 

For awhile, I tried to justify the sudden appearance of anime styled NPC beauties in a land of rugged adventurers:  [ Hmm; maybe the Dwemer, with their knowledge of technology and The Elder Scrolls, constructed a great machine that opened a rift into time.  However, this rift merely accessed an alternate version of Mundus where the inhabitants have different features (Exotic).  Many years after the demise of the Dwemer, an explorer stumbled onto the ruins of the great machine, inadvertently activating the device.  The dying mechanism transported several women from this land onto our Mundus before breaking down.  Why where they all women? Only the Dwemer would have known. ] 

As others pointed out, create your own lore.

"Please all, and you will please none." -Aesop (Aesop's Fables).

That is very interesting, yes, create our own lore,
and that words is really right, "Please all, and you will please none." 

Thank you.:)

I personally feel somewhat put off by the overwhelming amount of anime based content for Skyrim.

But I don't have to use it, so I don't make a lot of noise about it.

I think its fair enough to say there is a lot more armor out there, especially for female characters that has a fairly obvious eastern style to it, than there are that many really good armor ports or armor types for female characters that suit a more westernized idea of what armor looks like. You can't really count the ten thousand conversions of the base Skyrim armor to fit the one hundred different bodies out there competing for peoples use, or the crappy "remodeled" armors that are basically just stock armor redesigned to show off as much as possible.

Overall if you disqualify Remodeled Armors and stock armor conversions, Skyrim really got a poor showing as far as good, originally designed lore friendly pieces in relation to armor.

But back on point, I think your character is cute, and I respect the time you put into it, its definitely not my style and not the kind of thing I'd have in my Skyrim install, but I wouldn't waste a lot of time telling you it didn't belong there. Its your Skyrim install, put whatever you want in it...is my opinion on the matter.

Yes, put whatver we want, for our own game.

Hahaha, nice post. Well said yui. Also nice job on the poses and the subtitles!

Thanks. :)

We like what we like. 

Anyone else that tries to tell you what's right or wrong isn't someone worth spending your attention on.

It's a game after all.

P/S: I like your style! What're you using for those captions? Been trying to find a good one lately.

You are right, we like what we like.

Captions mean...?? how do I took a pic? really just press Print Screen key.

I was referring to the words/subtitles. May I ask what application or program you're using for those? :P

Sorry, just used Photoshop to put the subtitles on.

To bad for those folks there missing out on some of the greatest mods ever. Anyways as for me lore who cares as long as the mod is awesome I don't care which I have seen some of your followers and I think I might add them in now. Since I just finished re installing my game and all that stuff. But anyways I'm going to be honest I understand people like lore however there is a reason why people like to mod or people like to download mods. The reason is it adds lot of content or changes the game in every way possible. As for Me I could hardly care for the lore why because I get bored if I play the same game with the same lore it just limits the whole idea of modding. 

But that's just me and I rarely ramble on stuff like this anyways don't care about what the other lore friendly people have to say I mean come on there limiting themselves. Like I the less lore friendly the game looks or feels the more I like it and the reason is because the game feels new. Thats my main reason for modding not because of the lore but because modders like you and others add so much content in to the game that I don't have to pay for. So I can live with less lore friendly things why because in the end it just makes everything so much better.

But what I'm trying to say is don't worry about those people if they don't want to enjoy everything to the fullest fine let them have there way. They will never change and never understand how awesome everything can be in a non lore friendly game. Anyways I just keep rambling on and on so I'll add here awesome followers skilled design so who cares what they say just remember people like me and others who don't care about lore friendliness will always love your mods. ^.^ 

Anyways I think I said enough I usually hide in the shadows and just watch everything so ya bye bye now.

Thank you,  raynark.

Your words is really mean to me, big thanks, :)
sorry for you to said a lot of words and I just reply so short, I'm not good at English, but please know I'm very appreciated

There will be those people who will insist that the mod strictly fit the world it's supposed to inhabit in within supposedly realistic limitations, but then there will also be others who want to put something in Skyrim that they think would enhance and make their gameplay more enjoyable, no matter how unnatural it may look or function.

Blaming "anime"-style mods for purportedly "ruining" lore isn't going to help things. Again, we can choose how to personally define "lore" and create our own stories through gameplay -- it's what RPG games should be all about -- remember, it's your own adventure, not someone else's.

Yes, you are right.

We can choose how to personally define "lore". :) Thank your comment.

Funny thing that loreis ... for god sake, everyone is different. Some people like vanilla skyrim, others like moded-skyrim in their own way!

Come on, if you want a real lore game. Play real life!

Plus there is magic in this game so why not considering the fact that a guy could create some magic spells that makes people look beautiful (like : yui0820 :angel: )

lol Interesting for what you said, yes you are right, thank you. :)

Fuck Lore

I like it, sample and short.

Fuck Lore !! We had our own lore.

If people don't like it so what, there will always be someone that doesn't like something. All of your characters are beautiful and many of us are happy that you have shared them so we can use them as well. The only negative comments that I ever look at are ones that actually have some constructive criticism and I will consider if what they said is an improvement or fits with what I have done. As far as I'm concerned you don't need to change a thing.

Yes, you are right, they don't like it, so what.

Thank you for what you said, thank you. :) 

I generally don't like FF-esque anime faces, so I don't use followers with them. However, as modder to modder, I respect the work that goes into making followers. Just ignore the haters and keep doing what you like. It's impossible to please everyone. :)

As for lore. Fuck lore. I'm the Dragonborn. 

The biggest problem with Skyrim lore-nerds is that they aren't, most of them have no concept of the scope of TES lore.

What you allways run into are people who are butthurt that something doesen't fit into their sterotypical view of proto-Scandinavian Skyrim culture. Which is usually bullshit to begin with, because their view of what it should be usually involves D&D-style barbarians in furs, which has far more to do with early Germanic culture than it does early Scandinavian culture, but more importantly, what they fail to grasp is that Skyrim is a part of the continent of Tamriel, which is part of the world of Nirn, which exists on the plane of Mundus, and even this plane is just a part of a much bigger scope.

Skyrim does not exist in a vaccum, it is part of a much greater world involving many cultures, and even alien plains of existance controlled by godlike creatures who can shape the reallity around them.

Thus, when i see people dismiss something out of hand because they don't think a conservative Nord would wear or do that, i have to chuckle.. because this is a world where entire cities are build in living migratory trees, there are people who look like friggen cats and lizards, there exists advanced steampowered robotics fueled by the captured souls of the dead, Elvish cultures that look and function nothing like that of the Nords, and trickster Gods who love to meddle in the affairs of mortals with their fantastic powers. All of it is connected, Skyrim does not get to claim immunity from any of it, it is all part of TES lore.

TES is high-fantasy, and it's full of crazy shit, some of the stuff you'll find described in the various books scattered around the game would make most "lore-unfreindly" mods blush. And yet, we have to listen to people telling us that all we do is wrong, because they seem to think they are playing "Viking simulator 2000", rather than a TES game..

Pfft, kiss my grey Dunmer arse you absolute Fetchers! After you climb my super realistic 8 meter tall Silt-strider to reach it, that is.. :P

This generally what people mean when they say they want "lore friendly"

1. Not female

2. If female, she has to seem like she wants to have sex with you

I'm someone that has made a lore friendly female companion, and the types of comments I've heard range from "not lore friendly", "makeup model" (WHAT???) or "too ugly, make her sexier before I put her in my game", etc. 

I'm more in the boat of being tired of seeing constantly sexualized companion mods for the simple fact that I don't feel there are enough companions for the opposing side. However, I don't believe in bringing others down, and instead tried to present my own vision to the world like the saying goes: "deeds, not words".

Some people, unfortunately, just want to take the easiest path and for them it's complaining on the internet. But the important thing is that you're trying, and as you continue to create, you'll learn new things. And who knows, maybe you can challenge yourself to do something "lore friendly" in future.

All you can do is try your best. There will be people who don't like it, and there will be people who adore it... but most of all: have a vision, and do your best to fulfill it :)

I think the main problem I have with a lot of "lore hounds" is that they don't seem to accept the existance of mods that don't fit their idea of lore.  The mods are all player made and no one is forcing anyone to play any of them.  But too many people can't handle the idea that someone somewhere is playing the game differently than them.  I mean, the same really goes for most mods found on Lovers Lab.  Some people really can't handle the idea that these mods exist at all.  That smells like some seriously pathological control complexes to me.

Also, Coopervane, I think you make some excellent points about actual TES lore that people don't usually consider.  I actually kind of wonder sometimes about people who get really uppity about everything made for Skyrim conforming to their take on Scandinavian culture.  I wonder if they're the same kind of people who couldn't handle a black man being in the Thor movie (the movie that basically came down to powerful aliens from another dimension- why do any of them look like white men anyway?).

Please do not stop create Followers :)

Thank you. :) 

Fuck Lore

I usually hate things that aren't Lore-Friendly, but sometimes I don't give a fuck about Lore.

So...

Fuck Lore

15379746666_c52b2b3964_o.jpg

Yui. I'm not a fan of Anime characters in Skyrim, but I do think your characters are kinda cute.

Gun!? yea, FUCK LORE.

Thank you, Garrus Vakarian.

btw Garrus is my favourites (can said only one) character all the time. 

^

Because the girls' eyes aren't big as dinner plates.

lol

I generally don't like FF-esque anime faces, so I don't use followers with them. However, as modder to modder, I respect the work that goes into making followers. Just ignore the haters and keep doing what you like. It's impossible to please everyone. :)

As for lore. Fuck lore. I'm the Dragonborn.

Thank you, and I like the last what you said.

Yes, I'm Dragonborn so fuck lore.

The biggest problem with Skyrim lore-nerds is that they aren't, most of them have no concept of the scope of TES lore.

What you allways run into are people who are butthurt that something doesen't fit into their sterotypical view of proto-Scandinavian Skyrim culture. Which is usually bullshit to begin with, because their view of what it should be usually involves D&D-style barbarians in furs, which has far more to do with early Germanic culture than it does early Scandinavian culture, but more importantly, what they fail to grasp is that Skyrim is a part of the continent of Tamriel, which is part of the world of Nirn, which exists on the plane of Mundus, and even this plane is just a part of a much bigger scope.

Skyrim does not exist in a vaccum, it is part of a much greater world involving many cultures, and even alien plains of existance controlled by godlike creatures who can shape the reallity around them.

Thus, when i see people dismiss something out of hand because they don't think a conservative Nord would wear or do that, i have to chuckle.. because this is a world where entire cities are build in living migratory trees, there are people who look like friggen cats and lizards, there exists advanced steampowered robotics fueled by the captured souls of the dead, Elvish cultures that look and function nothing like that of the Nords, and trickster Gods who love to meddle in the affairs of mortals with their fantastic powers. All of it is connected, Skyrim does not get to claim immunity from any of it, it is all part of TES lore.

TES is high-fantasy, and it's full of crazy shit, some of the stuff you'll find described in the various books scattered around the game would make most "lore-unfreindly" mods blush. And yet, we have to listen to people telling us that all we do is wrong, because they seem to think they are playing "Viking simulator 2000", rather than a TES game..

Pfft, kiss my grey Dunmer arse you absolute Fetchers! After you climb my super realistic 8 meter tall Silt-strider to reach it, that is.. :P

This is very interesting lemma, thank you.

This generally what people mean when they say they want "lore friendly"

1. Not female

2. If female, she has to seem like she wants to have sex with you

I'm someone that has made a lore friendly female companion, and the types of comments I've heard range from "not lore friendly", "makeup model" (WHAT???) or "too ugly, make her sexier before I put her in my game", etc. 

I'm more in the boat of being tired of seeing constantly sexualized companion mods for the simple fact that I don't feel there are enough companions for the opposing side. However, I don't believe in bringing others down, and instead tried to present my own vision to the world like the saying goes: "deeds, not words".

Some people, unfortunately, just want to take the easiest path and for them it's complaining on the internet. But the important thing is that you're trying, and as you continue to create, you'll learn new things. And who knows, maybe you can challenge yourself to do something "lore friendly" in future.

All you can do is try your best. There will be people who don't like it, and there will be people who adore it... but most of all: have a vision, and do your best to fulfill it :)

Thank you for your comment, and kinda astonish to hear that happen on your mod.

But I won't challenge, I challenge what I want, make what I want in mod, I won't create the "lore friendly" for them,

like you said, I will do my best.

Thank you. :)

I think the main problem I have with a lot of "lore hounds" is that they don't seem to accept the existance of mods that don't fit their idea of lore.  The mods are all player made and no one is forcing anyone to play any of them.  But too many people can't handle the idea that someone somewhere is playing the game differently than them.  I mean, the same really goes for most mods found on Lovers Lab.  Some people really can't handle the idea that these mods exist at all.  That smells like some seriously pathological control complexes to me.

Also, Coopervane, I think you make some excellent points about actual TES lore that people don't usually consider.  I actually kind of wonder sometimes about people who get really uppity about everything made for Skyrim conforming to their take on Scandinavian culture.  I wonder if they're the same kind of people who couldn't handle a black man being in the Thor movie (the movie that basically came down to powerful aliens from another dimension- why do any of them look like white men anyway?).

"came down to powerful aliens from another dimension- why do any of them look like white men anyway?"

lol Interesting comment, thank you. :)

Just hour ago, I got a comment to me on Nexus from a lore geek again.

It said " I really sick of those anime character, this is Skyrim NOT Skyanime. " some kind of this comment.

lol

People telling me stay positive, it very hard but I will try,

with angry my head just keep thinking about " Made yourself a mod, and beat me if you can."

But this thought is not good.

I'm repeting what others are telling but.

This is only a taste. They are just saying this because they dislike anime in general.

I'm sure if you were lore follower as good as your "anime style" followers they would be like (the dog)

jawdrop.jpg

Seriously I'm not even paying attention to nexus community, and most of the time I do not show support to the content I like(video, mods ...) except on this forum that I like.

I'm quite sure I'm not the only one, a lot of people do like your work without telling it and that's may be why you feel like it's hard to see mean comments.

People criticize things easilly, it's harder to get their thanks.

It said " I really sick of those anime character, this is Skyrim NOT Skyanime. " some kind of this comment.

lol

with angry my head just keep thinking about " Made yourself a mod, and beat me if you can."

Just tell him/her, "This is a video game, people play it however they wish to have fun.  Sorry for dragging you back to reality."

This is only a taste. They are just saying this because they dislike anime in general.

nope, they are saying this because they are dumbass, wasting their time looking at video of stuff they don't like, and wasting their time commenting it

more mod is always better, no matter what it is

some demonica fanboys don't like the head i put on that daz bodie

well, the only thing i have to say to them is that

92240342e4.jpg

934156e93.jpg

35010872e6.jpg

14810339e5.jpg

353500e92.jpg

38846253e8.jpg

etc etc, no need for krista to put daz stuff into skyrim

and i don't decimate the mesh

358920grt.jpg

lol

You can just shut off the comments section, but otherwise a toxic comment is usually downvoted. It's not unusual to see Youtube being populated with trolls and bigots.

Of course, don't feed the trolls.

Fortunately there are other places to upload videos, such as Dailymotion, Vimeo or even Nico.

I find it indeed terribly laughable in that some of these supposed mongers (I put them in the same category as Westboro and Taliban) are also amazingly dumb or intentionally ignorant as far as their knowledge of TES in general is concerned. And the extreme opposite of Final Fantasy-like characters are the glamazons.

BTW, yui, what about we do a bit different, like good-looking male followers (Kerwin's take on Faendal was one of my favorites that he could give FFXIII a run for its money). :)

Archived