Just some thoughts since I starting make mod

yui0820

Seems I missed this thread.

Most of what I wanted to say has already been said by Germanicus and others so I won't flood the page, I will say though that you do create pretty and believable characters Yui and I hope that you continue to do so.

Don't let the vocal minority tell you what you can and cannot make for a single player game.

Like Merura already said in the images in the first post, they have a choice not to download it.

Let them have their 300lb square-jawed hairy 'women' while the rest of us enjoy what we like.

Also, regarding off topic comments on your Nexus mod pages, report them! If Nexus take moderation to the extreme then why not take advantage of it?

I'm repeting what others are telling but.

This is only a taste. They are just saying this because they dislike anime in general.

I'm sure if you were lore follower as good as your "anime style" followers they would be like (the dog)

jawdrop.jpg

Seriously I'm not even paying attention to nexus community, and most of the time I do not show support to the content I like(video, mods ...) except on this forum that I like.

I'm quite sure I'm not the only one, a lot of people do like your work without telling it and that's may be why you feel like it's hard to see mean comments.

People criticize things easilly, it's harder to get their thanks.

Yea, I know.

Not just said you can't dislike my works, it just...really feel uncomfortable with those people spand their time,
and talling me they don't want to see anime character anymore in the Nexus.

Just hour ago, I got a comment to me on Nexus from a lore geek again.

It said " I really sick of those anime character, this is Skyrim NOT Skyanime. " some kind of this comment.

lol

People telling me stay positive, it very hard but I will try,

with angry my head just keep thinking about " Made yourself a mod, and beat me if you can."

But this thought is not good.

Just tell him/her, "This is a video game, people play it however they wish to have fun.  Sorry for dragging you back to reality."

"Sorry for dragging you back to reality." lol
I like it, you are right.

This is only a taste. They are just saying this because they dislike anime in general.

nope, they are saying this because they are dumbass, wasting their time looking at video of stuff they don't like, and wasting their time commenting it

more mod is always better, no matter what it is

some demonica fanboys don't like the head i put on that daz bodie

well, the only thing i have to say to them is that

92240342e4.jpg

934156e93.jpg

35010872e6.jpg

14810339e5.jpg

353500e92.jpg

38846253e8.jpg

etc etc, no need for krista to put daz stuff into skyrim

and i don't decimate the mesh

358920grt.jpg

Yea, this is what I talking about,
why they even wasting their time with my works, go find the stuff what they like.

It really give me confused, look like they rather like to telling me take my works and don't show on the Nexus.

It said " I really sick of those anime character, this is Skyrim NOT Skyanime. " some kind of this comment.

lol

with angry my head just keep thinking about " Made yourself a mod, and beat me if you can."

You can just shut off the comments section, but otherwise a toxic comment is usually downvoted. It's not unusual to see Youtube being populated with trolls and bigots.

Of course, don't feed the trolls.

Fortunately there are other places to upload videos, such as Dailymotion, Vimeo or even Nico.

I find it indeed terribly laughable in that some of these supposed mongers (I put them in the same category as Westboro and Taliban) are also amazingly dumb or intentionally ignorant as far as their knowledge of TES in general is concerned. And the extreme opposite of Final Fantasy-like characters are the glamazons.

BTW, yui, what about we do a bit different, like good-looking male followers (Kerwin's take on Faendal was one of my favorites that he could give FFXIII a run for its money). :)

Yes, you are right, don't feed the trolls.

About that youtube video, I haven't tell in the first, that video is from hodilton review my mod, 
not from me, so I can't shut off the comments section, sure if me I already shut off in the first place.

I can do a bit different, if I like, because it will be wrong if I change myself for them, for those geeks.

But back then, Male character is not easy to create, I sure like to create one,
but it is hard easy to get boring for me when create a male character. XD

Seems I missed this thread.

Most of what I wanted to say has already been said by Germanicus and others so I won't flood the page, I will say though that you do create pretty and believable characters Yui and I hope that you continue to do so.

Don't let the vocal minority tell you what you can and cannot make for a single player game.

Like Merura already said in the images in the first post, they have a choice not to download it.

Let them have their 300lb square-jawed hairy 'women' while the rest of us enjoy what we like.

Also, regarding off topic comments on your Nexus mod pages, report them! If Nexus take moderation to the extreme then why not take advantage of it?

Yes, you are right, I won't let those geeks tell me what I can't do for a single player game.
lol "300 lb square-jawed hairy 'women'" XDDD

See, that is a idea, thanks.

Don't take it too personally.

The real issue with such characters isn't their level or lore-friendliness or their looks,it is that people feel that too much focus has been placed on content which does not complement their chosen play style and aesthetic, usually meaning glamourous or cute female characters and flashy attire,overlooking that one of the major reason that such mods exist is that standard Skyrim is already so male oriented, with the lion's share of followers being male and skimpy armor being the male variants of default armors or clothing(most items in the fur,leather and studded armor categories as well as the various prisoner clothes put many of the armors which would be classified as 'Adult' on the Nexus to shame if worn by a female character).

It is most easily seen in the comments sections of male followers like Gordan Gayn, Thorald Greymane and Ava.

They have it in their minds that if they convince people to stop making things that they do not like,they will start making things that they do,ignoring the possibility that their passions do not lie in the same place as their own and that they may simply stop making mods instead,serving no one.

It isn't just followers,it happens with weapons mods seen as clashing with the atmosphere that they wish to cultivate in their modded landscape due to being to whimsical,too high tech or too 'foreign'. It happens to mods which are technically lore-friendly but draw upon the more obscure or outright bizarre aspects of the lore. You have but to look at some of TrainWiz' mods for that. It happens with modded-in locations which are pulled out of books of lore found in the books found through the series. Some people still can't even accept that Argonians are mammals rather than truly being reptilian as characters such as Lizard man from Soul Calibur is which they would prefer (ignoring what Argonians looked like in Arena and Daggerfall).

Take comfort in the fact that there is a vast influx of mods which add male followers or refine the appearance of the multitude of pre-existing male followers in the base game on the Nexus right now which will distract them from your female related character mods. That and your mods regularly hitting the hot files list.

lol

I would say that, no hesitation either. People who post that they don't like something because they don't like the particular style of something are just trash and should just go somewhere else. Don't let idiots like this get to you, it isn't worth the grief as there is no way to please everyone. You could post this weeks winning lottery numbers and there would be someone who complained.

That and your mods regularly hitting the hot files list.

Basically they must be terribly jealous of YuiH. :lol: 

We cannot avoid negative criticism nor eliminate it, but as with any art (whether you paint, write music, write fanfiction, etc.), it takes tough skin and a developed attitude to not bow down to cyberbullying.

Don't take it too personally.

The real issue with such characters isn't their level or lore-friendliness or their looks,it is that people feel that too much focus has been placed on content which does not complement their chosen play style and aesthetic, usually meaning glamourous or cute female characters and flashy attire,overlooking that one of the major reason that such mods exist is that standard Skyrim is already so male oriented, with the lion's share of followers being male and skimpy armor being the male variants of default armors or clothing(most items in the fur,leather and studded armor categories as well as the various prisoner clothes put many of the armors which would be classified as 'Adult' on the Nexus to shame if worn by a female character).

It is most easily seen in the comments sections of male followers like Gordan Gayn, Thorald Greymane and Ava.

They have it in their minds that if they convince people to stop making things that they do not like,they will start making things that they do,ignoring the possibility that their passions do not lie in the same place as their own and that they may simply stop making mods instead,serving no one.

It isn't just followers,it happens with weapons mods seen as clashing with the atmosphere that they wish to cultivate in their modded landscape due to being to whimsical,too high tech or too 'foreign'. It happens to mods which are technically lore-friendly but draw upon the more obscure or outright bizarre aspects of the lore. You have but to look at some of TrainWiz' mods for that. It happens with modded-in locations which are pulled out of books of lore found in the books found through the series. Some people still can't even accept that Argonians are mammals rather than truly being reptilian as characters such as Lizard man from Soul Calibur is which they would prefer (ignoring what Argonians looked like in Arena and Daggerfall).

Take comfort in the fact that there is a vast influx of mods which add male followers or refine the appearance of the multitude of pre-existing male followers in the base game on the Nexus right now which will distract them from your female related character mods. That and your mods regularly hitting the hot files list.

Sorry, I try to read your comment repeat many time, but I can't really understand what you said.... :(

lol

I would say that, no hesitation either. People who post that they don't like something because they don't like the particular style of something are just trash and should just go somewhere else. Don't let idiots like this get to you, it isn't worth the grief as there is no way to please everyone. You could post this weeks winning lottery numbers and there would be someone who complained.

You are right, I can't let those geeks get me like this, like you said, it isn't worth,

and like you guys said, it no way to please everyone.

That and your mods regularly hitting the hot files list.

Basically they must be terribly jealous of YuiH. :lol:

We cannot avoid negative criticism nor eliminate it, but as with any art (whether you paint, write music, write fanfiction, etc.), it takes tough skin and a developed attitude to not bow down to cyberbullying.

lol The true is, all my mod never fail to go on the hot files, even some of them just had few minutes,

I proud of this really, this is the reason I create mod, to find more people who also like my character.

But it really not all about people can't dislike your works, sharing mod is not like art for me,

mod like shopping for me, find the mod you like to instill and ignore the mod not your taste,

instead of telling me take my mod and get out the Nexus.

Some stupid requests you never image also the problem too, the lore-friendly geeks is unbelievable,

not just follower mod, even the weapons or hair mod, when I hear they even against Ks hair mod,

I really think those people all crazy....

I'll revise my previous statement for added clarity.

1. Most of the people who complain about mods such as yours do so because they feel they are entitled to mod content catered to their tastes due to the perception that they are under-served by the mod making community whether that is true or not.

Everybody else got theirs and now they are owed theirs now.

These people feel that making anything outside of what they like is a waste of time and would rather people stop making anything else until they have what they want.

They are best dealt with by redirecting them to people who do make what they enjoy or,better yet, advising that they do what you did yourself and make their own. The Creation Kit is available at no additional cost,after all.

2. Others who complain tend to be mod makers who feel that they are being over-shadowed by mods that they believe take much less effort to make than their own,mods which are primarily about enhancing visual aesthetics in ways that clash with the base game rather than content which harmoniously blends into the lore.

However,many of these people often have a selective sense of lore,causing them to refuse to acknowledge bits of official lore or biological details of the races,especially the beast races, because it conflicts with their own personal opinion of what should count as 'canon'. Other modders who do base their mods off of the stranger bits of Elder Scrolls lore similarly have their works dismissed as being lore-unfriendly. Their opinion on lore doesn't bear to much value.

3. Another contingent of complainants are simply tired of what they see as over-represented 'anime-inspired' content even though they enjoy it themselves in small doses. This will sort it self out as more people get into modding,creating more variety in mods or when people stop downloading 'anime-inspired' mods.

It is best to not pay too much mind to it or,if you do, you can always make a parody mod that gives detractors what they want in a form which mocks their insistence that you share their interests outside of playing and modifying Skyrim.

If it is any comfort to the complainers,the lore-friendly mods are more likely to receive mod showcases in mainstream websites like that of Time magazine so it should be easy enough to tell them to check those sites for the mods that they want.

Heh, maybe you want to post your vids somewhere other than youtube. That place was infested by trolls and really, REALLY loud unpleasant folks.

I'm personally a loremonger myself and I thought your follower is quite lore-friendly itself. By the way, good job with your follower mods :)

A bit off-topic here, but uh...is it possible to assign different voice for your follower?

Archived