Problems with "familiar faces"

skyrimkillmod

• 3 weeks later...

Well.. since there is a thread about trobleshooting for that mod... :)

Anyone know if with familiar faces you can adopt a previous character. Getting a reply in Nexus us like winning a lottary. :s

If you can adopt a previous character?  Like.. hearthfires child adoption?  If that's the case, then no, not that I've noticed.  It just adds the characters as followers.

worked fine for several months, now when I set one of my charactors off into the world it says find [...] in winterhold college.  I have FamiliarFaces_1.0.3-54509-1-0-3 and im banned on nexus so i cant get a update or read there forums :/

Are you able to find any of your characters in Winterhold, Skyrimkillmod?  I have the most recent version, and it glitched out after a few dozen hours played.  I removed the mod, made a "clean" save, removed left over scripts, and reinstalled and it's working fine again.

Anyone know if with familiar faces you can adopt a previous character. Getting a reply in Nexus us like winning a lottary. :s

If you can adopt a previous character?  Like.. hearthfires child adoption?  If that's the case, then no, not that I've noticed.  It just adds the characters as followers.

worked fine for several months, now when I set one of my charactors off into the world it says find [...] in winterhold college.  I have FamiliarFaces_1.0.3-54509-1-0-3 and im banned on nexus so i cant get a update or read there forums :/

Are you able to find any of your characters in Winterhold, Skyrimkillmod?  I have the most recent version, and it glitched out after a few dozen hours played.  I removed the mod, made a "clean" save, removed left over scripts, and reinstalled and it's working fine again.

Then there isn't any point in the "adoption" options when choosing voices. NPCs cannot adopt children anyway..

Anyway, is there any mod that you've heard of that will allow me to adopt Adult npcs, (not in the children race)

Then there isn't any point in the "adoption" options when choosing voices. NPCs cannot adopt children anyway..

Anyway, is there any mod that you've heard of that will allow me to adopt Adult npcs, (not in the children race)

Oh shit, I was wrong.  From the familiar faces page:

VoiceType - This changes the voice your character uses. This is more important than you might think: VoiceTypes affect whether you can recruit, marry, or adopt children with your imported character. If you want to recruit your character, you will need to give them a VoiceType labeled as "Follower". If you are using EFF or another Follower manager, you can switch their VoiceType back to their original one after recruiting, otherwise you will need to keep them on the Follower VT to access the various Follower commands via conversation. AFT users: I have some problem reports regarding AFT and the Voicetype settings. Some people say you have to change the VoiceType, then travel to a different cell before it will take effect. I'm not sure why this is and it is the subject of continued testing. For now, if your follower manager allows you to switch voicetypes, you might be better off using it instead of the Familiar Faces panel."

I had never really given this option much attention... I'm going to go try it out right now.

*Edit - On second thought, no I'm not.  I haven't been using my character followers added via this mod in the last 10-15 hours of playtime, and somewhere in there it seems to have broken again, and I'm not in the mood to putz with it right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

AS a matter of fact. after using this mod with 2 characters I have concluded that this is by far the WORST mod I have ever installed.

-messes with characters AI

-Messes with characters Inventory

-Sometimes fails to transfer characters height and they are very short

-Does not store custom bodies and textures as advertised

-Does NOT allow characters to transform

-You cannot add or remove spells with the console

-Dragonaspect shout may get stuck on followers and never unequip.

-And above all: Causes constant CTDs when trying to load the characters. i.e. in every cell change and game load.

I am going to spent some time to follow a tutorial I found to make my Previous characters as NPCs and remove this crap. I suggest you do the same. Mod author does not seem to give a crap about troubleshooting or updating this mod. 

Archived