Procedure for removing dependencies w/o rebuilding the mod

OK, how is everyone?

I am going to be expanding Open Skies Trading Post in the near(ish) future, so this seems like a good time to ask; I have all three DLCs as dependencies right now, but not in the recently uploaded version, and I plan on removing all of them, and adding, at some point, patches to add the content after the expanded version.

How would I do this without rebuilding the mod entirely?

I have removed dependencies before, but I can't remember, specifically, what I did, and it was with a far simpler mod than OSTP.

Thanks, folks.

Use TES5edit, probably it is the easier way.

First, make a backup of the esp you will modify.

Open TES5Edit, load the Skyrim.esm and the MOD (the mod masters will be loaded automatically), then in the left window select your mod, expand, select the file header and in the right side window remove all dependencies you don't need anymore. Save and test. If CTD after loading, probably some master references are still there, so run TES5edit again and check that file for errors, it should show you the broken FormIDs, fix them, save, load again.

Archived