trouble with "MG08ParalysisEffectScript"

galgat

I will attach Log zero to this should be enough to see problem.

It is to do with the MG08 quest which is the ending quest for mage Guild where you become arch mage. I have completed the quest and "Sqv MG08" to be sure it at stage 200. Also completed the additional quest "Aftereffect" or what ever i forget that name right now.

The MG08ParalysisEffectScript keeps firing, I have in Tes5Edit checked Skyrim.esm, and the proprties are not set for this script, so it is just dropping through to something that it can not do because it has no properties to guild it, and firing all the time.

1. I have tried most everthing I can think of to fix this stupid MG08ParalysisEffectScript problem.

2. I Made and >esm that all it does is add the properties to that script (and they are named such that they will auto enter, so there is no guess work as to which properties they are). I can not put it above the update.esm, So I put it right underneath the Update.esm.

3. I deleted the script reference in my save file to MG08 >> at first just the "MG08ParalysisEffectScript".  But latter I shot gun, and remove all MG08 script references from my save file including the "MG08QuestScript".

4. And when I play game it puts them all back :s

5. I checked the Skyrim.ESM in tes5edit, and it does not have as best i can tell any Properties set for that script "MG08ParalysisEffectScript"  This is really troublesome, because it will take charge, and not allow my .ESM to add them if It is like in Oblivion the top one make the call on like items. But sense the top one gave them nothing you would thing the lower one (My little esm that only adds the Properties to that one Spell effect "ParalysisSprigganDeath" would be allowed to add them).

5. I even tried to change the script from this

Scriptname MG08ParalysisEffectScript extends ActiveMagicEffect  

Spell Property MG08ParalysisAbility  Auto  
Quest Property MG08 Auto

Event OnEffectStart(Actor AkTarget, Actor akCaster)
    AkTarget.AddSpell(MG08ParalysisAbility)
    While MG08.GetStage() < 40
        Utility.Wait(5)
;         Debug.Trace(self + "In While Loop")
    EndWhile
    AkTarget.RemoveSpell(MG08ParalysisAbility)
EndEvent

to this,( I know this was stupid, but grabbing at straw's) but sense the properties are not set it is just falling through the "if" statements just like it does the "While" statement.

There is a bug to this quest I know about that, but sense I have the quest finished to stage 200 I do not think that applies here.

Quest Property MG08 Auto

if MG08.GetStage() < 200
    AkTarget.AddSpell(MG08ParalysisAbility)
    While MG08.GetStage() < 40
        Utility.Wait(5)
    EndWhile
    AkTarget.RemoveSpell(MG08ParalysisAbility)
endif
EndEvent

I have to find what is firing the script, and somehow stop it at the source I think. Something calls that script no matter what.

Is very messed up :(

I have tried some other things, but it keeps firing in my game all the time, it does not stop me from playing, but it can not be good, and I lack a good enough understanding or Papyrus to know just where or how to shut it down.

I even removed both the "MG08ParalysisEffectScript"  .pex, and the .Psc scripts from my Scripts folder, and my scripts/Source folder to try to stop this, and deleted there references from my save file, but to no avail.

I am getting this in the Log, not sure why

[09/06/2014 - 09:37:48PM] warning: Function MG08ParalysisEffectScript..OnEffectStart in stack frame 0 in stack 2834419 doesn't exist in the in-game resource files - using version from save

I changed MG08ParalysisEffectScript script to this to make sure did nothing, I could always change back latter I figured

Quest Property MG08 Auto

;;Event OnEffectStart(Actor AkTarget, Actor akCaster)

;;    AkTarget.AddSpell(MG08ParalysisAbility)

;;    While MG08.GetStage() < 40

;;        Utility.Wait(5)

;;    EndWhile

;;    AkTarget.RemoveSpell(MG08ParalysisAbility)

;;EndEvent

But if i understand what that one line said the game is not finding the MG08ParalysisEffectScript so it's defaulting to one in may save game. :exclamation:

does not make sense as script is there, and compiled just the way I made it. which should be a do nothing script now :-/

and i still get this log file :(

I think that reloadscript function was mainly so could keep game running in background, and make changes to the script, and then quickly test them in game to see if did what you  wanted. Which kind of should do what i need, but does not seem too.

also SOS poped up a complaint that SKSE co save did not match so it reset the SOS stuff. does SKSE make a back up save someplace, IN OB they would stack on top of each other and was easy to see is there one some place else. Have no idea how this MG08 script could have anything to do with SOS :s

I think this has to do with the reloadscript command :: This will also reload any scripts that extend from the requested script.

By why would MG08paralysiseffectscript effect SOS :-/

Meaning possibly and NPC effected by the script ...Maybe ? I do know when that person that was trying to control the eye of magnus died, he stayed there for a long time, and then became a pile of ashes. I think I got tired of looking at the ashes, and finally did a delete on them,,, Oop's.. :blush:

I have changed MG08paralysiseffectscript to be like this now.

Quest Property MG08 Auto

;;    AkTarget.AddSpell(MG08ParalysisAbility)

;;    While MG08.GetStage() < 40

;;        Utility.Wait(5)

;;    EndWhile

;;    AkTarget.RemoveSpell(MG08ParalysisAbility)

EndEvent

log still lets on like is running old form of script with these lines as the while function is still active.

[09/06/2014 - 10:36:30PM] [MG08ParalysisEffectScript <None>]In While Loop

[09/06/2014 - 10:36:30PM] Error: Cannot call GetStage() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

[None].MG08ParalysisEffectScript.OnEffectStart() - "<savegame>" Line ?

[09/06/2014 - 10:36:30PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp1"

stack:

[09/06/2014 - 10:36:30PM] [MG08ParalysisEffectScript <None>]In While Loop

[09/06/2014 - 10:36:30PM] Error: Cannot call GetStage() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

[09/06/2014 - 10:36:30PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp1"

After running reloadscript, and saving, quiting game, and reloading game>> SOS allows that I have "one shlong addon the save data does not match, and will fix it" This is pop up window, not the SOS re-checking all shlongs at start with notification, which I am use to and expect.

I wiped all Log befor this last load, here is Log zero

It looks like it is picking up the original script from some where, but I do not know from where

• 2 months later...

I finally got it, damn had to read everything I could find on it, but my log 0 looks better now :)

Finally.. was bugging the tar out of me.

I have a couple of more things I need to iron out, but I know how now :)

I seem to be plagged by this problem too.

what did you do to get ride of it ?

• 4 months later...

i have the same problem.

i modify the psc and compiled,and reloadscript, then i got the warning;

warning: Function MG08ParalysisEffectScript..OnEffectStart in stack frame 0 in stack 4532772 differs from the in-game resource files - using version from save 

Archived