503 Service Unavailable? New IP for LL?

bjornk

Posting this over a VPN, without it I still keep getting "503 Service Unavailable" message when I try to connect LL, but it looks like the site is up. Any ideas?

Edit: Looks like the site's IP address has been changed and for some reason my DNS server keeps giving me the old IP, which is 96.126.117.211. The new one is 72.14.176.189, is that right?

DNS changes take a while to propagate to everyone, it's a problem that will fix itself in time.

If impatient, you can try doing "ipconfig /flushdns" in a windows command prompt and seeing if that helps. Or try a different browser as some use their own separate DNS caches.

I just wanted to confirm that the site's IP is changed. My main DNS server still gives me the old IP, so I moved it to the bottom of the list and it looks like doing that has solved the problem.

I query the server directly BTW, using nslookup command, so "ipconfig /flushdns" wouldn't work as the server still hasn't updated its records.

Archived