Strange pattern appears on my character's face. How to get rid of it?

zaqwer

I recently noticed that a strange pattern appeared on my character's face. It looks like the war paint of Blackblood Marauders.

I don't know how I got this. I've checked my blessings list, no disease, no strange buff/debuff. 

I tried using showracemenu to change my face - which temporarily made the pattern disappear. But after I reloaded the game, it came back onto my face.

Although I admit that my new "war paint" looks kind of awesome, I really want to figure out where this thing came from, and how to get rid of it. Anyone got idea?

post-46432-0-75920400-1409320220_thumb.jpg

post-46432-0-79937100-1409320405_thumb.jpg

Yeah I've had that problem. blood tattoo being loaded in place of whatever it's supposed to be, in my case it was the dirt sliders. I think that can happen when you change race from one custom race to another,  somehow the previous race's tattoo setup get's baked in.  I couldn't get rid of it, so just didn't use the dirt sliders. Maybe you could try going to an earlier save, re-saving the preset, then re-apply in your current one, dunno though. 

Yeah I've had that problem. blood tattoo being loaded in place of whatever it's supposed to be, in my case it was the dirt sliders. I think that can happen when you change race from one custom race to another,  somehow the previous race's tattoo setup get's baked in.  I couldn't get rid of it, so just didn't use the dirt sliders. Maybe you could try going to an earlier save, re-saving the preset, then re-apply in your current one, dunno though. 

Oh thanks for reminding, actually I did once change my race from Nord to Redguard. So I found a save when I was still a Nord, with no tattoo on my face, saved character preset in ECE, loaded in my current save - nope, the tattoo was still there. 

I've never used the dirt slider, warpaint slider, or anything like these. So I still wonder what caused this issue. 

I changed my race back to Nord and the tattoo is now gone. Consider this issue half-fixed :P

Don't change race midgame with showracemenu. That bugs your game regarding your stats and messes up warpaints. (DOn't know how much some "showracemenu alternative" mods can fix that)

AND don't use showracemenu if you are a vampire. You can get a dirty face that way.

As said, fix it by replacing warpaint with black dds.

Archived