Sex animations.

I predict weird bugs' date=' where the player interrupts the sex-cutscene and is stuck with the sexrace. Imagine all the strangeness, when you don't realize it, until you start mining something or chopping some wood. o.O

But for now it's the best solution, I guess.

[/quote']

You'd realise it faster than that. You'd notice it when you tried to walk away and found yourself crawling :)

But it's no worse than the "stuck animation" problems that have plagued all the sex mods since time immemorial, and properly debugged we should be able to minimise it until it's no more than a minor annoyance at most.

That said: do people think I should leave this alone and wait for a grown-up to do it?

I mean, I was hoping prideslayer would resume work on BlueSky once we had a workaround. I'd be happy to leave the sex engine in someone else's hands and concentrate on the slave trade.

IMHO... having the slave trade applied to Skyrim would be awesome evan with out the sex but, once somebody comes up with sex animation, how hard would it be to add them to the mod? and vise versa... if you add the sex now, how hard would it be to add the improved version once some body finds a way to crack that freakn code? from what ive understood, adding new race replacers for the scenes followed by changing a lot of differnt files... could mean a lot of work to repair the mod in order to add the new files and if thats the case, slaves, no sex but if it wont be that hard to replace it ... my lil vampy is getting wet just thinking bout it LOL... My 2 cents of course.

That said: do people think I should leave this alone and wait for a grown-up to do it?

...There are grown-ups here? :P

Seriously, until someone can decipher the .hkx files the dummy race method is the best we got, and since you seem to have the system well underway already (or atleast planned) i say go for it!

I've been doing a bit more digging.

We have 1147 animations in the MyDefltFemale.hkx file. (And that's just the ones defined for females. Guys could have a totally different set. Although it might make more sense to have a file called "My_Sexy_Anims.hkx and put everything in the one place.

Some of them, we'll need to copy the idles that go with them and change the conditions, since (for example) the horse dismount animation won't work unless you're on a horse. Of course, there are other things that the target could be mounted on, some of which would indeed benefit from a dismount animation. But we'd need to pay attention to the conditions, even so :)

Others are for paired animation sequences. Usually kill moves. These are probably our best candidates for actual sex moves, since we animate one actor thrusting while the other bounces and jiggles in response. I don't know yet if you need specific slots for 2-P animations or not. Again, it could come down to a matter of editing conditions.

The big pain is going to be keeping a central copy of the animations register so we don't keep overwriting each other's entries.

Incidentally, it should be fairly easy to write a standalone program that will automatically update the hkx file based on a separate config. We could use the same program to generate the papyrus script needed to add the data to a governing quest as well. Then we'd only really need to worry about keeping the definition file in sync.

That'll give me something to play with next week when I'm away from my skyrim box :)

Hell no. Go for it. I'm battering away at it one brick at a time (Bit like Barliman' date=' not overly endowed in the brains dept. but can see through a brick wall given time).

Now that I know that it's an easy job to edit the .hkxs in Blender there don't seem to be any major hurdles.

I'm building upto it. Putting the context together (the Thalmor Werewolf Breeding Programme) and getting familiar with the CK and how to trigger vanilla animations, then I'll start playing with making the custom animation races and associated animations.

Once I've got specific animation solutions to work, I'll look at making more generic stuff. That's [b']my[/b] five-year plan anyway. ;)

Hopefully, if I go slow enough, someone else will have sorted out the difficult stuff. :D

Keep in minds that I know almost nothing in animations nd even less in scripting here

I have been on SL sometime and checked somethings here and there...,SL use Havok,maybe and surely a less advanced version than Skyrim.

In SL there is pre loadded animation for the various avatar,BUT,when you use an animation,like a "sit",there is the posibility to create an item,add the animation inside,add a script to read the animations inside the item ,and then add said animation,for what I understand that Animation is separated from the "game" itself,and the script can only read this animation(like,on activate, play sit01 animation,with script refering to the animation inside the item and not to the world itself)

every gizmo work somewhat like that(once again for my understanding), there is a "play" command in the script language telling what to read,I have no idea if it "work" in a similar way for Skyrim.

when you use an animation' date='like a "sit",there is the posibility to create an item,add the animation inside,add a script to read the animations inside the item ,and then add said animation,for what I understand that Animation is separated from the "game" itself,and the script can only read this animation(like,on activate, play sit01 animation,with script refering to the animation inside the item and not to the world itself)

[/quote']

Thanks. This looks like another promising avenue of enquiry.

Just a second thought and once more I may be wrong here

Skyrim is based on the Hovok engine,they have "given" us a "better" language through an interface to mod Skyrim?

Is not possible to write directly in Havok scripts(if I am not wrong)?,even parts of the things like the animation process?(short circuiting the whole brand new interface that has most of the block and missing one third)

http://www.havok.com

for what I have seen Havok script seem not that harder to use and understand than their brand new interface one(and for what I remember from Sl,you could write them on a standard document from wordpad before passing them in the script engine....

In SL script could be triggered in many way,with or without visual notice(or noise),been by touch or by timer,even proximity,the do something command remember me of some things here...

Just an other idea that passed in my mind,and as ever,I may be totally wrong here

Priorities for animation,in SL there is a level of priority,with animation unable to affect those with higher priorities level,maybe the iddle anim in Skyrim have a very high level,blocking the external animation due to that?

An extra add,that s one came from

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Library/fr

In SL that s a script that turn the Animation Overrider off,to allow you to access the animation in a pose ball and restart it when leaving said pose ball,if there is any problems I will delete said message here,just IM me...

//AO Overrider Pose Ball Script V 1.2

//Updated 11/09/2006

//Created by Jesse Barnett

//Edited to check if there is an animation to stop

//and Sit Position is stored in Object Description

//Drop this in a prim along with an animation. Store the sit

//position in the Object description

//Example; <0.0, 0.0, 1.0>

//If you change this then reset the script by using right

//click/reset for changes to apply immediately. If you forget then it will display

//"reset script" when you sit. Just stand and sit again for changes to take effect

//To see how it works and hear it go through the animations it is stopping, then

//make idebug = TRUE;

integer idebug = FALSE;//if TRUE then llOwnerSay sdebugs

string sdebug;

integer perm;//permissions

string anim2run;//animation in inventory

vector sit_pos;//adjust as needed in object description Example: <0.0, 0.0, 1.0>

list anims2stop;//default or AO sit animation

float sleep = 0.5;//duration of llSleep in seconds

debug(){

if(idebug == 1)

llOwnerSay(sdebug);

}

sit_desc_change(){

if((sit_pos + (vector)llGetObjectDesc()) != (sit_pos* 2))

llResetScript();

//This checks to see if the description field matchs the stored position

else

llSitTarget(sit_pos, ZERO_ROTATION);

}

stop_anim(){

integer list_pos = 0;

integer list_length = llGetListLength(anims2stop);

sdebug = (string)list_length;

debug();

if(list_length > 0){

while(list_pos < list_length){

llStopAnimation(llList2String(anims2stop, list_pos));

sdebug = (string)list_pos;

debug();

list_pos++;

}

}

}

default{

state_entry(){

llSetTouchText("Reset");

llOwnerSay("Script Reset.");

anim2run=llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_ANIMATION,0) ;

sit_pos = (vector)llGetObjectDesc();

sit_desc_change();

perm=llGetPermissions();

}

touch_start(integer num_detected) {

llResetScript();

}

changed(integer change){

if (change & CHANGED_LINK)

if (llAvatarOnSitTarget() != NULL_KEY){

llRequestPermissions(llAvatarOnSitTarget(), PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION);

}

else{

perm=llGetPermissions();

if ((perm & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION) && llStringLength(anim2run)>0)

llStopAnimation(anim2run);

llSetAlpha(1.0, ALL_SIDES);

}

}

run_time_permissions(integer perm){

if (perm & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION)

anims2stop = [];//Clears the list

sdebug = "perms granted";

llStopAnimation("sit");

llSleep(sleep);//need sleep to give avatar time to cycle from stand

//to default sit to AO sit

anims2stop = llGetAnimationList(llAvatarOnSitTarget());

sdebug = llList2CSV(anims2stop);

debug();

stop_anim();//This runs the subroutine up top .

llSetAlpha(0.0, ALL_SIDES);

llStartAnimation(anim2run);

sdebug = "anim2run started";

debug();

}

}

Looks pretty similar to xlovers. The player goes up to the NPC and asks for sex and then it goes to the position selection chat.

I think it has been mentioned, but if you have a link, it'll save me digging through

Incidentally, the Adult Show XXX dudes seem to have solved the race problem as well. I don't know if they use this same technique or have something better though. It's going to be worth taking a close look at their next update.

If it's the same I found, then it's still just replacing the mt_idle.hkx. Nothing fancy there.

Description directly under the video:

Adult animations for TES V Skyrim.

It's not gameplay mod. There're animations only.

It's impossible to make anims any functionals before Creation Kit is not released.

So use it at game your own risk and discretion.

To see anims at game you can changing their names to one of original hkx (mt_idle for example).

Use console commands to making scenes.

So, yeah.

If it's the same I found' date=' then it's still just replacing the mt_idle.hkx. Nothing fancy there.

[/quote']

Yeah, I was more after the animation files themselves, than looking at the code that made them work. That's if there was a download link, of course.

Doc, I need to fully absorb the idea, but if it's enough to get things moving then I will probably pick up the ball on bluesky. Right now I'm not 100% sure how to go about the packaging. Switching races is easy enough, and switching back "shouldn't" be very error prone, but I'm still a bit fuzzy on how I'm going to package the anims.

I haven't got around to messing with the havok behaviors program yet either, just been busy.

Doc' date=' I need to fully absorb the idea, but if it's enough to get things moving then I will probably pick up the ball on bluesky. Right now I'm not 100% sure how to go about the packaging. Switching races is easy enough, and switching back "shouldn't" be very error prone, but I'm still a bit fuzzy on how I'm going to package the anims.

I haven't got around to messing with the havok behaviors program yet either, just been busy.

[/quote']

OK, good news. Cool :)

Would a demo help? I can't work on my mod for the next two or three days, but I might be able to whomp up a rough draft of a packaging tool and management script. Possibly some in game examples as well.

Demos always help, a simple howto on the packaging of the anims would be enough though I think. I'm not clear on the name length restriction (or what's causing it -- I think it's due to the hkxs not being recompiled) either, and am hopeful that can be worked around as well.

I really just need to sit down and experiment with it I suppose, now that there's at least a semi-clear path to success. :)

Demos always help' date=' a simple howto on the packaging of the anims would be enough though I think. I'm not clear on the name length restriction (or what's causing it -- I think it's due to the hkxs not being recompiled) either, and am hopeful that can be worked around as well.

[/quote']

I think it's just that you're using a hex editor to overwrite the existing filename in the hkx file, so it can't be longer than the one already there or it'll overwrite important data. We might get away with it being shorter, but why take the risk?

Demos always help' date=' a simple howto on the packaging of the anims would be enough though I think. I'm not clear on the name length restriction (or what's causing it -- I think it's due to the hkxs not being recompiled) either, and am hopeful that can be worked around as well.

[/quote']

I think it's just that you're using a hex editor to overwrite the existing filename in the hkx file, so it can't be longer than the one already there or it'll overwrite important data. We might get away with it being shorter, but why take the risk?

That's kind of what I thought, but that means there is a more 'correct' solution: create a fresh .hkx file.

What is preventing us from doing this right now? We shouldn't need any of the unpublished beth behavior 'extensions' to create fresh animations with the havok behavior tool, right?

hkxcmd won't (yet -- I believe the author is working on this?) decompile behaviors, and probably won't recompile them either, but if the havok behavior tool itself works there shouldn't be any need for hkxcmd.

Part of the trouble is that there's a load of data before the filenames that we don't really understand.

The other part is that the freely available Havok Behavior tool is several versions behind the one Beth used and incompatible with Skyrim. Or so I understand, anyway.

That said, I've not tested it, and have no idea how to go about it, offhand. It may be that the incompatibility is only one way, so we may be able to make files that can work with Skyrim even if we can't modify existing ones. Or we may be able to decode much of the existing formats even though we can't write anything, so it's worth looking at if no one has already.

HKXs are just an archive format, like .zip or .bsa. Even if hkxcmd can't be updated to understand the format of the system bethesda used, it could still just dump things it doesn't understand to raw data in the .xml file and recompile it. The real "problem" is trying to edit the hkxs in a hex editor to start with.

The format doesn't have to be decoded or understood, for the hkxs at least, as they already are understood by hkxcmd and other tools. It's the items contained in the archive that might not be easy to crack, like the new behaviors, but you don't actually have to understand all the items in the container to unpack and repack it.

I'm going to hunt around for newer versions of the hkx tools and see if there is a newer version that may work bundled with something else, like the UDK or Source SDK. If not, I'll look at updating the hkxcmd source to at least dump and restore entries in the hkx that it can't actually decode -- that shouldn't be too difficult.

HKXs are just an archive format' date=' like .zip or .bsa. Even if hkxcmd can't be updated to understand the format of the system bethesda used, it could still just dump things it doesn't understand to raw data in the .xml file and recompile it. The real "problem" is trying to edit the hkxs in a hex editor to start with.

[/quote']

I hadn't realised that hkxcmd could successfully repack hkx files at that level. That could certainly make life a lot easier.