Jump to content

SKSE doesn't like MO


hergle

Recommended Posts

I was fiddling with my mods earlier today in my never ending struggle to stabilize Skyrim when something odd started happening. When I launch SKSE through MO Skyrim never launches. Given, I'm used to it taking about ten to thirty seconds, but now I can wait five or ten minutes and absolutely nothing happens. TESV.exe shows up in task manager, but the memory usage and VM size freeze, which I assume means it's not working. As long as I run SKSE outside of MO it works fine, it's only through MO that it has problems.

 

I have tried re-configuring my mods to how they were before this started happening. I have tried having all of my mods turned off. I have tried making a clean Skyrim installation and re-installing SKSE several times, following the steps presented here and everything, even restarting my computer between attempts. I have SKSE 1.7.1. I have scoured the internet for a solution for the last two hours. I am at a loss.

 

Sorry if this doesn't provide enough useful information, I don't know what else I would add. I'll do my best to fill in whatever gaps I can to help you help me.

 

Any help is appreciated.

Link to comment

I used to have same problem with some SKSE plugins.

Odds is you miss some Microsoft VC+ runtime or any other conflict.

 

You may try to start the game with SKSE but try to disable all SKSE plugins and enable it one by one to see if any of them is the problem.

For me, I used to have problem with OneTweak, PapyrusUtil (Storageutil.dll).

Link to comment

I'll look into that VC+ thing (though I have no idea what that is). I had this happen with OneTweak too a day or two earlier but I dropped it and got other plugins that worked, at least at first. I could swear I tried at least once without any plugins, but I'll try again to be sure.

 

All the fiddling was taking place in MO, activating or deactivating things. I doubt that could have done anything. I've been using MO with SKSE just fine for months now, and it only just started happening in this way. Though, now that I think about it I did try to upgrade MO to the latest version, which simply refused to work (I think cuz I'm doing all of this on a supped up toaster and the new MO doesn't play nice with XP). I did however revert back to the version which works (1.1.2) and was on my merry way for a few days before the SKSE thing happened.

Link to comment

Have you defragmented the drive that MO is in lately?

 

In my head that would explain longer load times when the mods are all fragmented.

 

 

EDIT: Hmmm but then that would slow non SKSE usage too... Still something you should do every now and then.

Link to comment

I'll look into that VC+ thing (though I have no idea what that is). I had this happen with OneTweak too a day or two earlier but I dropped it and got other plugins that worked, at least at first. I could swear I tried at least once without any plugins, but I'll try again to be sure.

 

All the fiddling was taking place in MO, activating or deactivating things. I doubt that could have done anything. I've been using MO with SKSE just fine for months now, and it only just started happening in this way. Though, now that I think about it I did try to upgrade MO to the latest version, which simply refused to work (I think cuz I'm doing all of this on a supped up toaster and the new MO doesn't play nice with XP). I did however revert back to the version which works (1.1.2) and was on my merry way for a few days before the SKSE thing happened.

Ah, it may a new version issue. MO's new version had a bug or 2 reported lately. Try it with 1.2.9. I'm still using that version and I've never had any problems with it at all. In fact, I've never had MO issues. ^_^ Haven't upgraded to the newest version yet simply because I had to learn to mod ME3.

Link to comment

So I finally got around to repairing my VC++ redistributable (which was for some reason way harder than it needed to be. My google-fu is shameful). And it totally worked!

 

Thank you TnTTnT!!

 

Now I just have to figure out which mod is causing me to crash every time I start a new game, but I can do that part on my own.

 

Thanks again to everyone who pitched their two cents!

Link to comment

Remember to mark it 'Solved' ;) (helps others browsing for answers)

+1 this is good policy, and saves everybody else (read: me) a lot of time when trying to figure my way out of the paperbag I got myself stuck in...

 

On another note... MO is a really amazing tool, and very reliable considering all the messing around it does with what Skyrim sees as your hard drive... but it has a pretty steep learning curve for anyone who doesn't know much about operating systems. The really amazing part is in fact that you can still use it with profit if you don't understand how it's doing its magic...

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...