Manga Thicker thighs narrower waist

Awesome!

Um' date=' do you happen to know how to replace one of the bodies in the SetBody mod with this one?

[/quote']

Open your Oblivion Data Folder.

Go to meshes/characters/Bombshell/ pick a body you dont like and want to replace. Be sure that it has all 4 parts. Next check the file names of the .nifs if they are identicle drop this body in the folder and click yes to all.

If they have different names rename the parts of this body to match the ones you are replacing. Once finished place them in the folder and click yes to all.

Tried to mess with normals?

No, I didnt do that. After looking at the mesh in Blender it appeared to me that the Issue was with the mesh itself. the Lower body looks as though it sits up a bit higher then the other HGEC variations.

I could mess with the normal map but I dont think that the results will be much different.

If you blend my no seam meshes, the seam will return. Blender work this way.

Goin 2 teh work now, i will make a tutorial on how do this after.

Also i think i will be able to find a way to allow blender editing with no seam returning.

Is there a manga replacer with no seam between upper and lover body?

not that I am aware of' date=' I did my best to fix that myself. I failed horribly and so reverted back to the current version.

[/quote']

There's a method of fixing seams in blender that I've used with success in the past.  In Blender, join the meshes you want to kill the seams between, then individually merge each of the vertex pairs.  If the vertices aren't offset at all, you can just use the "remove doubles" function to do this to save time.  If you then export the single mesh normally, blender with automatically split them again, but now the vertices lie perfectly on top of one another and have identical weights.

I don't know if that's what Uriel did or not, but it may be a handy shortcut to doing things by hand in the future if you make another mesh.

brewmaster That's basically what i did. Though, i have not realized that niftools will split the body back in parts without my help. That makes more sense this way.

GSBmodders so, we only need to import all the body parts in blender, merge them together, and export back to .nif. Then divide them with nifscope by removing parts. That's much simplier than i did it before.

I'm trying to figure out why blender exported bodies look different then the ones before the export. The skin looks different, gains a bad looking glossiness effect, and gains some texture seams. Who can explain this?

The glossy effect thing is generally a problem with tangent spaces: try using the update tangent spaces function in niftools and see if that fixes it.  I dunno about the texture seams, unless somewhere in blender the texture got messed up.  Take a look at the uv map in nifskope and see if merging the vertices made the uv map do weird stuff...

brewmaster That's basically what i did. Though' date=' i have not realized that niftools will split the body back in parts without my help. That makes more sense this way.

[b']GSBmodders[/b] so, we only need to import all the body parts in blender, merge them together, and export back to .nif. Then divide them with nifscope by removing parts. That's much simplier than i did it before.

I'm trying to figure out why blender exported bodies look different then the ones before the export. The skin looks different, gains a bad looking glossiness effect, and gains some texture seams. Who can explain this?

Did you merge the meshes in blender? Well, you shouldn't do that. Just import all the body parts, import the skeleton and then hit export (remember to check "smooth inner object seams" etc.). Then open your exported nif with nifskope and delete all the body parts but one, i.e. first only leave the hand mesh. Save as handfemale.nif (or whatever). Then open the whole body mesh again and delete everything but the uperbody mesh and save as femaleupperbody.nif. Rinse and repeat for all body meshes.

If you have actual gaps between your meshes you need to move the vertices manually. It's tiresome, but easy. To do this go into object mode and select one of the meshes that produce the gap. Then enter edit mode and select a vertice that is part of the gap. Press Shift + S and hit "cursor to selection". Go to object mode, select the other mesh. Enter edit mode, select the vertice that is on the opposite side to the vertice you previously moved your cursor to. Select it, press Shift + S and hit "selection to cursor". Repeat for every vertice that is part if the gap.

After this you still need to export the WHOLE body mesh and remove/save the parts one by one with nifskope or else you will still have seams. Hope this helps.

So... what's wrong with joining the meshes and just letting blender re-separate them automatically during export?  This has always worked for me as far as I could tell' date=' and is way easier than manually splitting them up again.

[/quote']

It always fucked up the material properties for me. May be a problem on my end, though. Anyhow, just took a look at the meshes and noticed the material properties had the wrong value. Well, not really wrong, but most body meshes nowadays use these properties:b2phb53k.jpg

So anything else than that will most likely cause problems (i.e. color and glossiness mismatch) since you didn't include the meshes for hands and feet. Those will most likely use the properties shown in the image above. Making the mesh seamless now btw.

Edit: Seems that the UV Map is a bit off, too. Anyhow, here is the result: http://s1.directupload.net/images/110527/7xwcy6av.png

You're right about the materials properties causing those problems, good catch there.  Having the materials properties messed up is annoying, but fixing it afterwards in nifskope is still fairly quick, if tedious.  Copy/paste the original body mesh into the new .nif that you exported from blender, and then make note of the texture and material property index numbers attached to the old mesh.  Then click on the NiTriStrips blocks for the new meshes, scroll down and expand the properties, and change the numbers next to NiTexturingProperty and the name of the current material to the numbers from the old mesh.  Viola, it now has the same texture and materials data as the old one, including the same material name (which has to be skin for body parts).  Then you can update your tangent spaces and remove the now superfluous old mesh and extra properties, and re-save.  The UV map getting weird will happen as a result of merging the vertices if those two vertices don't overlay in the UVmap - one will always move to the other's position on the map.  There's no easy way to fix this is if they don't overlap, except to manually re-split the meshes and then fix the vertices in the UV map in blender, or try to just fix them in nifskope's UV map editor.  Anyway, whatever works best for you is what you should do, just throwing out ideas that some may not have tried before.

Seems fine to me' date=' based on the picture.  Having the materials properties messed up is annoying, but fixing it afterwards in nifskope is still fairly simple.  Copy/paste the original body mesh into the new .nif that you exported from blender, and then make note of the texture and material property index numbers attached to the old mesh.  Then click on the NiTriStrips blocks for the new meshes, scroll down and expand the properties, and change the numbers next to NiTexturingProperty and the name of the current material to the numbers from the old mesh.  Viola, it now has the same texture and materials data as the old one, including the same material name (which has to be skin for body parts).  Then you can update your tangent spaces and remove the now superfluous old mesh and extra properties, and re-save.  The UV map getting weird will happen as a result of merging the vertices if those two vertices don't overlay in the UVmap - one will always move to the other's position on the map.  There's no easy way to fix this is if they don't overlap, except to manually re-split the meshes and then fix the vertices in the UV map in blender, or try to just fix them in nifskope's UV map editor.  Anyway, whatever works best for you is what you should do, just throwing out ideas that some people may not have tried before.

[/quote']

Huh? You don't need to copy/paste anything. It's easier to change the properties yourself manually, saves a lot of time. Just click on the skin material and change the Ambient Color and Diffuse Color to white and the Specular Color and Emissive Color to black. No need to copy and paste.  :P

Regarding the UV map issue: It doesn't fit, it overlaps some parts of the footfemale texture: n7bq83iz.jpg

See? Don't know what causes this, but I don't think it has anything to do with merged vertices. Also, this is the original mesh, not my edited version. To make this mesh seamless it is enough to just import it in blender and export the whole body, like described above.