Skyrim update 1.4 now out of beta and live on Steam

ReMeDy

I could not run my game with a similar error. Turns out it was because of Skyboost. Skyboost does not work with the 1.4 version. I uninstalled it' date=' and could start my game again.

[/quote']

Thankyou Kraxon, skyboost was indeed the problem. Game is working now. :D

The optmisation Skyboost made were included in the patch' date=' so it's not necessary anymore anyway.

[/quote']

That's mental piracy at its best, the offical invitation to ravage all mods without giving any credits to the authors. Ugh, yuck!

I fail to see how fixing bottlenecks and performance issues in their game is stealing, heh.

This seems to be a noob question. The theme is discussed on the Nexus at lenght. Many a fool has lost the account for not understanding the problem of plagiarism. We are constrained to give credits. The distributor of the game is not dismissed only because he is the distributor, eh. It isn't that simple.

I just slightly overclocked my GPU, just a tad, and all studders, lag( even though it was barely noticeable) and anything else that was bothering me in Skyrim just vanished. I heard of skyboost, and also read that it's enhancements were included in one of the official patches, well, at least they are doing it right and taking notes from people who know what they are doing,lol. Weird how just making such a tiny tiny adjustment to the gpu fixed the tiny bit of lag I had in the dungeons. But I like it.

I have to say too, the PC version runs a million times better than the console ones.

I know some are a tad pissed that Beth didnt give any credit to the people who came up with the enhancements for performance first, but still, at least the shit is fixed and there is no need for external programs and utilities for many people now. In my opinion that is a good thing. Less to worry about.

i get that error too but i don't have skyboost' date='

[/quote']

Have you used any other similar sorts of performance boosting mods at all? And updated SKSE if you use it of course.

k I turned off all performance boosting etc and still not running :\

I know I have the update and I did get the new SKSE but still nothing

the one who create skyboost could actually sue bethesda. See he did not use any of bethesda tools to create that, so all copyright is his and his alone. This one is pretty rich.

bethesda did it with some other modder too who made oblivion within the crysis a few years back. he used bethesda works. and just ported it over. That was wrong. But now they make the same mistake..

New patch is great for performance but it's absolute shit with SKSE installed. I'm hearing tons of SKSE issues and I am getting CTDs every 20 minutes or so because of this patch. The only way to fix it apparently is to stop using SKSE but I NEED Sky UI so that is not an option at this point.

the one who create skyboost could actually sue bethesda. See he did not use any of bethesda tools to create that' date=' so all copyright is his and his alone. This one is pretty rich.

bethesda did it with some other modder too who made oblivion within the crysis a few years back. he used bethesda works. and just ported it over. That was wrong. But now they make the same mistake..

[/quote']

Kudos!

I recall Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna and the fact that Mad Doc Software has used my scripts for their purpose in 2003 without ever having asked me or Gas Powered Games for permission.

the one who create skyboost could actually sue bethesda. See he did not use any of bethesda tools to create that' date=' so all copyright is his and his alone. This one is pretty rich.

[/quote']

That would be true if they actually took his work and incorporated it in the patch. As far as I know they dealt with the same bottlenecks skyboost deals with, but that does not mean they dealt with them the same way.

If they did, the author of skyboost might sue, but we simply don't know that.

Did anyone check the patched exe and skyboost against each other to find that out?

The succession of ideas calls for credits to the forerunners, every academic interested in keeping his grade and title is well aware of it.

It is irrelevant if the plagiarist uses complete scripts or just strings of scripts that are not his or if he merely changes the target from e.g. packmule to packguar or alike to hide the source. The copyright of the idea is infringed. It is simply a dumb lie without any legal substance when they say that innovations you develop for their game would be automatically theirs, esp. when you are not (yet, see: pay mod theme on Steam) on their payroll. That's bullshit at its best, a bugbear.

Keep in mind that only mental pirates have problems to give the necessary credits. For all others it is no problem at all.

Hm. Seems they didn't incorporate the functionality of skyboost in the patch. Skyboost just doesn't work with the patch.

Just read the comments on the writers side:

http://alexander.sannybuilder.com/?category=other&altname=skyrim_boost

Whatever Beth did in the newest patch to prevent low fps, it seems not to work. Hope there will be a new version of skyboost then.

Seems Bethesda isn't guilty of plagiarism but of doing a bad job at fixing bugs.

Will with the 1.4 sofar my games runing OK sofar but still get a "Crashes to Desktop" some times' date=' and it was doing it about every 1 to 5 minutes with the 1.3!

[/quote']

Every setup is different. With 1.3 and skyboost I could run the game fluently with HD-Textures. Now with 1.4 I can't. The game will stutter.

And I hardly have any crashes to desktop, nor did I have with 1.3.

I am still very happy with 1.1, and think I will sit there for awhile..FPS are super, and game play very nice, I Made my own installation, and never allowed steam to invade my system.

I did buy the game, I own 2 copies of it ( but have registered none yet).

I have none of the bugs that I read from so many others.

I am sure it is just clumsy coding, but it seems the more they try to fix it the worse it gets. I wonder sometimes if they might have let someone on there staff go that actually knew what they were doing.

And now all that are left are the bean counters, who see steam as a major money savior.

I think there patches are more intended for the Console ver. and that they don't seem to worry to much about the CP side of the equation. I am sure this is not the case... But it seems that way, as each fix seems to cause more, and more trouble in the CP version.

I am just speculating, which is about all we can do at this point.

my game is still telling me to update skyrim but i know i have the updated version, i saw it download, I tried turning off all my mods that enhance skyrim's performance but still nothing, so if anyone has a copy of SKSE v1.3 that they can give that'd be super

Archived