CoT-WeatherPatch.esp
  CoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-40.esp
  CoT-WeatherPatch_NL2.esp
  TrueStorms.esp
  TrueStorms-CoT-WeatherPatch.esp
  Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp
  CoT-WeatherPatch_SupStorms.esp
  TrueStorms-SupremeStorms-CoT.esp

I keep things in Wrye Bash's BAIN installer configuration so you cannot use a FOMOD to install this you have to pick the highlighted folders.  Only install the files from the yellow folders but not esps.  Only use the ESM from the red folder 20 which is the merged ESM. this dies nto include the Falskaar patch keep running that.
Sub-Packages List for Climates Of Tamriel - Merged.7z:

** 00 - Main - Climates Of Tamriel
** 01 - Main - Climates Of Tamriel - DG
** 02 - Main - Climates Of Tamriel - DB
** 03 - Main - Climates Of Tamriel - Weather Patch
** 04 - Main - Supreme Storms - Cot Version
** 05 - Dragonborn ESP
   06 - Fog Textures and Meshes
   07 - SN ImageSpace -10
** 07 - SN ImageSpace -40
   08 - ESS
** 09 - Supreme Storms patch
   10 - NL1
** 10 - NL2
   10 - NL3
   10 - NL4
** 11 - True Storms
** 12 - True Storms - CoT Weather Patch
** 13 - True Storms - Supreme Storms CoT
   20 - Climates Of Tamriel 00+01+02+03+04+05+07+09+10
** 20 - Climates Of Tamriel 00+01+02+03+04+05+07+09+10+11+12+13

Just looking again you need a BASH patch and your Skyprc Patcher is in the wrong order.  It should look like this.  Use LOOT and set the priority for SkykidsPatch to 992500. The following mods always go at the end in this order or they break badly:

95  Open Cities Skyrim.esp  
96  Open Cities Skyrim - Legendary Patch.esp (All open cities patches go here)
97  Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp  
98  TES5Merged.esp  (All merge patches go here)
99  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
9A  ASIS-Dependency.esp
9B  SUM.esp (All Skyprocpatchers go here)

Bijin Enhancements

Merged Plugin:
  Serana.esp (longhair blue eyes)
  Toccata as Elisif.esp
  Bijin Wives.esp
  Bijin Warmaidens.esp

I have an EFLX merged but it's only the main mod with the DLCs; no enhancer, exteriors, or interiors. 

I am working an underground bathhouse merged.

I love Splash of Rain but I don't recommend it with my Climates of Tamriel merger.  I used to get CTDs during heavy thunderstorms and I took it out and now they are gone.  It may have been too much strain.

My Mega Merger has all of Newmiller's outfits but it's a 5gb mod.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Amazing mod. However for some reason the females look gorgeous while the males look nothing like in your pictures. They just have potato-like heads.

Perhaps i missed something when installing :s ? There also seems to be a noticeable seam between the males head and body.

I am using skykids WITH the male replacement body.

Amazing mod. However for some reason the females look gorgeous while the males look nothing like in your pictures. They just have potato-like heads.

Perhaps i missed something when installing :s ? There also seems to be a noticeable seam between the males head and body.

I am using skykids WITH the male replacement body.

Do you have Skykids configured to use the alternate male body?

If they have potato heads like vanilla children, then either something went wrong with the install, or you have another mod overwriting the assets.

As for the seam issue on males, well, if you are having vanilla potato heads then yeah. It's going to give you a seam cause something is wrong. All the body sizes are set to 0 weight so there should be no seam issues unless you changed their weight or gave them outfits that don't scale. That is of course, if you didn't have the bug you are having with them having vanilla heads.

I personally haven't had any issues using this replacer with the new version of SkyKids. It should work even with the old version if you're still using that, as this was made off of the old one. But the new version works just fine as well. If you're using my alternate male textures, then you need the alternate male body as they are aligned for that only. Otherwise use the ones that already come with SkyKids.

I think (and I might be wrong here), but the default male body that comes with SkyKids is different from the alt male body. So if you want to use the alt male body as the default body for npcs and in general, you'll need to copy the meshes and textures from the alt male to your SkyKids folder so it uses those instead of the default body that SkyKids comes with.

I think (and I might be wrong here), but the default male body that comes with SkyKids is different from the alt male body. So if you want to use the alt male body as the default body for npcs and in general, you'll need to copy the meshes and textures from the alt male to your SkyKids folder so it uses those instead of the default body that SkyKids comes with.

Negative, don't do that on the new version. I changed the mod so that it ships with both sets of assets(yes, they are different) in their own folders; the plugin to toggle which is used just changes which assets the races reference. Both assets are supplied so that addon modules may use whichever set they want, without requiring user intervention or overwrites.

Ah cool deal, good to know then. So in order to use the alt version, even for npcs, just simply use the esp then? Much easier than just copy pasting.

Yeah pretty much. Apparently there's a gray face bug with the NPCs on the alt body right now that I gotta take care of at some point, but on paper you just need to switch plugins and you're good to go, the playable races are working fine in this way.

You can still supply your alternate textures, you just need to make sure the paths are updated to reflect the new paths in the update.

Seems it is working perfectly now. There was an issue with I think the SK playable vanilla races ESP messing up the bodies/heads. Disabled/deleted it and the NPC's look great.

Shame other mods/patches SK came with on their Nexus page don't make use of other assets, like for Populated Cities and such. Oh well :3 at least SOME kids look good. Can't have everyone be a special snowflake hah

Thanks again for the help! 

Seems it is working perfectly now. There was an issue with I think the SK playable vanilla races ESP messing up the bodies/heads. Disabled/deleted it and the NPC's look great.

Shame other mods/patches SK came with on their Nexus page don't make use of other assets, like for Populated Cities and such. Oh well :3 at least SOME kids look good. Can't have everyone be a special snowflake hah

Thanks again for the help! 

Ah, see I don't use playable races so I never thought to check if it would cause any issues. I only use the SkyKids.esm with my child replacer here. Glad to see you got it working though. :)

As for Populated Cities, ask Johann7124 about it (the same person who does the Nexus patches). They are usually open to making patches if you request them and they got the time.

@en_hawk Thanks for the heads up. Yeah I believe my alternate textures are just tossed in a basic folder. I have to fix up the file directory eventually on that, but they are just loose files without a structure.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

So i'm using the new version of Skykids and i would like to use your NPC replacer instead of the one that ships with Skykids.

Is it as simple as overwriting the facegen files, deleting the NPC esp's from Skykids and replacing them with yours?

Personally i think that's the way to do it, but i would like confirmation before proceeding.

Thanks for your time

PegasusKoga

Thanks SpyderArachnid for your quick reply :)

I already had the child replacer of Skykids installed so that's why i asked. I replaced it with yours yesterday and i have had no issues. (They look awesome now, i really like your style)

Btw, when comparing the folders structures of both vanilla NPC replacer mods, i noticed you had one extra file situated in: meshes/actors/character/facegendata/facegeom/skyrim/0001d4b7.

I'm almost positive that it's for Babette, am i right?

Anyways thank you for sharing this mod with us. :D

Cheers

PegasusKoga

I notice that if my char gives Lucia a child outfit via the dialogue, she turns nude. I guess this is because Skykids aren't wearing vanilla child outfits in the first place. But I can't give her any other clothes either. Is there a mod or something that makes it possible to get access to adopted children's inventory so you can change outfits? Or even better, that changes the child outfits to have meshes that work with Skykids?

I notice that if my char gives Lucia a child outfit via the dialogue, she turns nude. I guess this is because Skykids aren't wearing vanilla child outfits in the first place. But I can't give her any other clothes either. Is there a mod or something that makes it possible to get access to adopted children's inventory so you can change outfits? Or even better, that changes the child outfits to have meshes that work with Skykids?

That's something you'd have to ask en_hawk in the main SkyKids thread. My mod only replaces faces and assigns vanilla outfits to the kids.

But on terms of that particular outfit, SkyKids can't wear the vanilla children clothes (or the Hearthfires ones). I don't remember the exact reasoning behind it, but it won't show up on them (meaning they'll run around in their knickers instead).

I remember awhile back en_hawk mentioning they were going to fix that, but unsure on the progress of it. Again, best to ask in the actual SkyKids thread.

As for changing their outfits, you can always use the console if you want. Simple select them in the console, and type "inv". It will show their inventory so you can see what they have. Then remove what you don't want via the "removeitem" command, and then add the items you want them to have via the "additem" command. If they don't equip it, just use the "equipitem" command afterwards.

Alternatively, there is a mod called NPC Outfit Changer and Maintainer, but I've heard it's kind of buggy so I wouldn't recommend it.

I really like this replacer. All kids have their individual characters and fit in nicely in the world as well. If I could wish for one thing, it would be that the female kids would have less make up. As it is, the eyes and lips often make them look almost like mini-adults instead.

I really like this replacer. All kids have their individual characters and fit in nicely in the world as well. If I could wish for one thing, it would be that the female kids would have less make up. As it is, the eyes and lips often make the look almost like mini-adults instead.

Yeah the makeup came out a lot stronger than it was in character creation when I first made them. The colors were a bit off, but I was just learning how to do this when I made it, so it was all trial and error.

I did start working on a new version that was more natural, but just never finished and ended up scrapping it eventually since I didn't play Skyrim anymore. So basically it's a finished product now, even with all it's minor imperfections lol. But maybe when I start Skyrim again (if I ever do), I might get around to making a new one with better heads/faces.

The original concept or idea I had was to make the kids match more with all the beauty mods that people were using at the time. So when you had all your npcs and your character all dolled up, the children would match as well so they didn't seem out of place. Thus why they look rather exaggerated and doll like (or anime if you prefer).