Like Johann said, you need SkyKids. This mod here, my mod, is just a child replacer. Read the description. It tells you the requirements. And in those requirements, it says you need SkyKids and all the requirements it needs as well. Along with the hair packs too, in order to make this replacer work.

The thread can be found here. This way, you can read the requirements for it and install them as well. The link Johann provided is the download link for it.

Not sure how to install this mod without a readme.  When I try to install I have a checkbock by Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Vanilla.  Are these choices exclusive or inclusive?   Should I check all three if I have all the DLC?  Or does  checking all three create a conflict?  If they are exclusive, how do I get both DLC versions to work together.  Because I'd rather have both DLC not just one.

Thank you.

I thought about doing that, but it's kind of sloppy (in my opinion) and not fully fleshed out to how I would want it to be.

I only made this in the beginning as a temporary replacement for the original child replacer for SkyKids. Was my first shot at the CK and RaceMenu at that. So it's not as good as it could be. The faces are kind of jaggy in places and not as good as I would like them.

Plus until En_Hawk gets around to fixing the children clothes to work with SkyKids, I'd rather not introduce this to the Nexus yet. Since all the kids in this mod are wearing regular adult clothes, it has a little bug that some armor replacers (not all of them) will replace the clothes the kids are wearing as well. So if you have skimpy armor replacers, they have a chance of replacing the clothes the kids are wearing and have them running around in skimpy clothing. Which is something I don't want to deal with on the Nexus, cause I don't need that uproar. I'd rather have them in the basic children clothing before I even think about putting this on Nexus.

Eventually when I get time, I'd like to go back to this mod and completely rework it to fine tune the faces. And after En_Hawk fixes the children clothes, I'd like to put them in those clothes to prevent the above issue from happening. Or heck, if I can get the permissions and make this standalone (when I figure out how to make it standalone that is), I'd like to go all out and use modded clothing from all the different armor mods out there for kids to give them each a truly unique look. But that's a huge bit of wishful thinking there. I mostly just want to redo this with better cleaner faces and have them in children clothes for the most part.

fully understand, mods at nexus can be...harsh, just thought i'd point this out though.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58016/?

patches for skykids to work with different mods are already on the nexus and there doesn't appear to be any problems.  they may not fix the number of kids in game that your patch does, but they do have the same potential issues you've brought up.

Yeah those are the patches that Johann7124 here has been working on.

They are really awesome, as I use the ETaC one (well used to until ETaC updated yet again just recently).

I would host them on Nexus eventually, but yeah those small issues I want to iron out first. And I would like to revisit this mod and fine tune everything now that I've gotten more of a feel for RaceMenu (been using it now instead of ECE). Though it's kind of hampering when 80% of the sliders don't work for SkyKids.

So when I figure out the slider issue, and the clothing issue, and get some free time, I'd like to "reinvent" this mod. I'd like to redo it with SG Hair Pack 268 Edition and KS Hairdos, but with SG Hairs being a "not allowed" mod, it would be difficult for others to use. I heard as well that Kestrix was planning on working on their own replacer too. So we'll see how that goes as well.

Oh goodness, I don't even remember. A lot of them don't. The only ones that do work, are the basic vanilla ones. Any of the new ones don't as far as I know.

But this is an issue that most custom races have, not just SkyKids. A lot of the RaceMenu sliders just don't work for custom races in general. Assuming it's a patching thing that needs to be done, but unsure.

They should all work, it is after all how I made the npc replacer that comes with skykids. The only things that likely wont work correctly are the skeleton sliders. As of a few revisions ago, race menu should automatically pick up custom races, and you no longer need to explicitly define them to get the extra sliders working.

They are really awesome, as I use the ETaC one (well used to until ETaC updated yet again just recently).

I would host them on Nexus eventually, but yeah those small issues I want to iron out first. And I would like to revisit this mod and fine tune everything now that I've gotten more of a feel for RaceMenu (been using it now instead of ECE). Though it's kind of hampering when 80% of the sliders don't work for SkyKids.

So when I figure out the slider issue, and the clothing issue, and get some free time, I'd like to "reinvent" this mod. I'd like to redo it with SG Hair Pack 268 Edition and KS Hairdos, but with SG Hairs being a "not allowed" mod, it would be difficult for others to use. I heard as well that Kestrix was planning on working on their own replacer too. So we'll see how that goes as well.

I am running my original patch just fine with ETaC 13.2, missjennabee did not add any new kids or change the ID of the existing ones in the recent update.

I am running my original patch just fine with ETaC 13.2, missjennabee did not add any new kids or change the ID of the existing ones in the recent update.

Ah okay awesome. I just assumed, like with every single ETaC update that jennabee does, it breaks compatibility patches.

But good to know it still works with the new version. I'll go get it again. Thanks. :)

@en_hawk, I'll have to go over it again then. I just remember last time, when I made this mod, that a lot of the sliders didn't work. But then again, I haven't used RaceMenu since then until just the other day (I just now started getting back into using RaceMenu). So it's been several months since I last used it, and I'm sure I've missed a lot of important info since the last time I used it lol.

I'll check it out again and see how it goes. Been wanting to get back into this any ways, so maybe this will give me some motivation. :P

*UPDATE*

- Added compatibility patch for SG Hair Pack 268 Edition (gotta google it). This is for the playable race of SkyKids and only temporary till en_hawk adds it to the main mod.

- Added compatibility patch for KS Hairdo's (on the Nexus). This is for the playable race of SkyKids and only temporary till en_hawk adds it to the main mod.

- Added Alternative Male Body Textures. These textures are designed to work on the Alternate Male Body that SkyKids comes with. These will not work on the regular body from what I've been told, so if you are using the Alternate Male Body, then you can try these textures. Cleaner and remove some of the seams/glitches from the previous textures.

- Added a new V2 Child Replacer. This fixes the weight of the children to all use zero weight. Hopefully this will fix the neck seam issues that some have been having. All children will now be zero weight.

• 2 months later...

Does this mod also change the "default" child faces (the ones that show up immediately when you create your character) or add player face choices, or do these only affect NPCs?

Currently, I am using the default child replacer that comes with SkyKids, and I like that one.  However, that one does not contain a replacer for Babette.  Therefore, would it be possible to create a replacer for just her?  For example, I noticed that your mod requires 2 extra hair packs.  Obviously, if the replacer is just for 1 character, I would need at most 1 and can save space.

Sorry I abandoned Skyrim (and LL and Nexus etc etc) awhile back, so I forgot to check this topic.

But this is only a child NPC replacer. It doesn't change the playable race at all or any of the presets. All it does is change the faces of the children already in the game and put them in different vanilla outfits than the regular child clothes.

As for making a separate replacer for just Babette, I don't have any plans to do so. I have done Babette in this mod (and I could of sworn that En_Hawk also did one in his replacer as well), but I have no plans to make a standalone replacer for just Babette. If you're not seeing Babette as a SkyKid, make sure you don't have any other mods that affect Babette that could be causing a conflict.

I did have plans to redo this replacer completely from scratch, but as I quit Skyrim and modding all together, those plans are kind of abandoned. But my mod is free for anyone to do whatever they want with it. So feel free to use the assets from it to make your own Babette replacer or whatever else you may need. :)

• 2 months later...

Just a small update:

Just realized I never uploaded a picture of the new Alternative Male Textures, so here it is so you get a general jist of what they look like.

daD7gyl.png

Not a major change, just a minor one.

As well:

Here is my new Female Textures for SkyKids. I know En_Hawk is pretty happy with the current female textures he has, and they look nice. But I made a few tweaks of my own for personal use, and now felt like uploading here as well for others to use if they liked them.

They are a current mashup of a few different texture mods, tossed together via Photoshop. Here's a quick preview of what they look like.

CrVcOnL.png

LRdR0x6.png

Added them to the downloads section if you're interested. That's all, enjoy. :)

I am curious why the children must be on weight 0.  If I try to modify them for weight 100 even on a new game they have neck seams.  I am trying to make the teenagers instead of children

That's because NPC heads are generated with a fixed neck size, so you can never change any NPCs weight without exporting their facegen data in the CK.

What Guk said.

As well, I got a few complaints about the npcs being different weights that was causing neck seams and unwanted "breasts" in some of them with certain outfits. So making them all 0 guaranteed no more busty children and fixed the neck seams on most of the outfits for SkyKids.

This was a first time creation thing when I made it, so expect some issues. But like Guk said, if you want to change their weight without a seam, you'll have to edit it in the CK. I don't have any plans personally to make a teenage version of this mod, so that's really the only option sorry. But feel free to make any modifications you wish, I don't mind at all.

I tried to export the facegen and it broken them really bad.  They all appeared with adult looking heads but the neck seams were fixed. 

I guess the question is what steps did I miss to export.  To I have to load headmorphs somewhere?  

I used TES5edit to change all the female weights to 100 and used CK to export facegen data.  What else do I need to do?