Alternative to Skyre?

Guest emilio

Guest emilio

I'm running with a heavily skyre geared install with all the compatibility patches available and the thing runs great. Though, the folks over at 4chan's tes5general would say I'm doing it wrong, and that skyre is bad and should be avoided (use SPERG instead etc). 

What are you guys' thoughts of Skyre and/or what perk/overhauls/compilations of mods are you using instead?

I am the same as you, broke the 200 ESM mark some days ago.

I like it and if you don't mess things up/install "bad things" it works fine for me.

Well, I tried Requiem and the only I expirienced was that...

Got out of Helgen after maybe 30 deaths xD, so not a favorite of mine. I even lowered difficulty^^

Requiem is indeed very hard with the default settings and advancement is very, very slow. I personally don't have the patience for it, so I tweak it from the mod settings by lowering damage to player a little bit, raising damage done by player a bit more and increasing arrow spread a lot. I'm also using Community Uncapper to make leveling up faster. After those changes it's pretty good and feels better than Skyre in  my opinion.

Requiem was crazy difficult and SPERG seemed too easy (auto-perks is awesome, though). I will get around to trying to adjust them for my play style, but I've been fairly content with skyre for quite some time, but I've tweaked the hell out the uncapper and changed a few things to better suit my tastes. Thinking about it now, I might try requiem again on my next play-through.

Are there any other overhauls along the lines of the three mentioned? I haven't really come across any.

Requiem is only way to play this horrible game, and its not that difficult at all if you pay attention (as in , you actually read the changes mod does and plan accordingly), its easy to make silly overpowered characters just like vanilla. Its not perfect but still the best overhaul there is, rest are not worth the hassle.

Archived