Forum feedback: I can't post "links"?

Bihlbo

In a recent post I needed to refer to the femalebody_1 file. I of course added the (dot)nif at the end of it because that's the file name. But when I tried to post I was told I can't post links. This wasn't a link, but when I removed the extension from the file name I no longer was blocked from posting. If this restriction isn't in error, it would be nice if the message told me that I can't post links and I should scrub extensions from file descriptions. I'm fine with the restriction, but I shouldn't have to guess as to how to make my message comply with it.

Only certain file types are allowed to be posted.  Please use 7zip or the default WinZip to create an archive file containing your attachment and you will never be blocked.

There are restrictions on new members until you hit 20 or 50 posts.  This is so spam bots to completely go nuts on the site.

No if your issue was just with the message, remember that forums use bb codes so it may be that you typed something that didn't jive with the software.  Or it may have just been a random bug.  Hard to tell. 

Archived