The Adjustment Bureau

Myst42

Ever seen this movie?

Well... it happened to me... yesterday

Forget the guys with hats, the magic doors and the fantasy part of the movie.

Still happened to me

Met a girl. Connected like never before

Don't have her number now, somehow it's lost.

Want to see her again

No fucking idea where to even begin

Find no words to express the enormity of my frustration now

"Sigh"

Crap. I keep seeing these posts where people tell their personal problems and gets advice from everyone here.

I recognize it sounds fantastic but it's true. Just when I had given up on humanity thinking I was such a inhuman freak in terms of atypical personality, I would have to meet an alien girl if I ever wanted a serious relationship. Everyone else was just so boring. Just when it happened, I go and bump into her. Now she's lost again. Even if whatever happened wasnt really what it seemed and all the clear signs in body language, staring, pauses, conversation etc... meant nothing more, I'd still treasure a friend whom I cant talk to about anything.

Just wanted to vent a bit of that frustration...

And get a pat on the shoulder

"More sigh"

I actually think I found her... social networks and some skills

Now it's all a matter of how to add her as contact without looking like a creepy stalker

Which right now I feel like.

Any politically correct way to do this?

I know I'm overthinking... But I'd hate to screw this up. 

I know, I know... "grow a pair and go for it" Still... what's the best approach...

Decisions, decisions...

Overthinking is good.  It means you aren't underthinking.  Politically correct?  Dunno.  What would I do if I were serious enough to do it (never have been)?  "Hey it's So and So, we met at X, talked about Y (giving her background that only the two of you would know).  [some form of "I thought we clicked and would like to get together/hang out/? with you again if you're up for it"].

Just remember that most women like to be chased.  The question becomes one of where the "playful" chasing ends and stalking begins.  I don't have the answer to that one, hence one of the reasons for lack of chasing on my part.

Whatever you do, don't give up right off the bat.  First hand, I can tell you, that gets you nowhere, fast.  Good luck.

Make a funny poster of your face, hang it around where you met. Text: Will you have dinner with me? I forgot your number, but I didn't forget I got along so well that I'm making a fool of myself with a poster. Please call? It'd be romantic, I'd be swayed if it was me. :P Like a horribly romantic Hugh Grant film.

Archived