Strangest thing T FNV and Steam

Yesterday I got back into FNV. I hadn't played for a while so I said what the heck. When I booted the game up through NVSE, I got this trange on the right corner of the screen. It said 'press shift+TAB to access community'. You know, the notice you get for every game you download through Steam. That's not the strange part, though. You see, my FNV, as it stands, is a torrent game at this point so the bottom line is I didn't download it through Steam. And what's my problem with it, you ask? First of all, it is plain weird that this happens. Secondly, and more importantly, I can't start a new game. I can load saves just fine but no new games. I heard that there's some kind of problem with FNV and Steam that prevent you from starting new game for some reason. But since I own a torrent version, I don't think any troubleshooting between Steam and 'legitimate' FNV is gonna work. My only option is sewer the connection between Steam and 'torrent' FNV. So anyone have any ideas how I can do that?

Piracy is not allowed here, check the rules

I am not asking for anything related to piracy. And I am aware of the rule. What I am asking is sewer a connection that shouldn't exist. If you don't have an answer, simply ignore rather than trolling me with rules and other assorted bullshit. Check the OP. Am I doing anything that's related to piracy that genuinely threatens the existence of Ll? I think not.

Guest tomm434

Yesterday I got back into FNV. I hadn't played for a while so I said what the heck. When I booted the game up through NVSE, I got this trange on the right corner of the screen. It said 'press shift+TAB to access community'. You know, the notice you get for every game you download through Steam. That's not the strange part, though. You see, my FNV, as it stands, is a torrent game at this point so the bottom line is I didn't download it through Steam. And what's my problem with it, you ask? First of all, it is plain weird that this happens. Secondly, and more importantly, I can't start a new game. I can load saves just fine but no new games. I heard that there's some kind of problem with FNV and Steam that prevent you from starting new game for some reason. But since I own a torrent version, I don't think any troubleshooting between Steam and 'legitimate' FNV is gonna work. My only option is sewer the connection between Steam and 'torrent' FNV. So anyone have any ideas how I can do that?

The thing is - crack emulates steam for Fallout(So game think it is loaded through steam -IMHO). That means if you have Steam installed, it will run automaticly. Now - what do you do with it? I don't know. Try downloading another crack for example.

And yes, some people here are against piracy  and by answering you they think they support it + rules are rules. So I advice you to look for answer somewhere else (Google it, I bet you're not the only one with this problem).

Piracy is not allowed here, check the rules

I am not asking for anything related to piracy. And I am aware of the rule. What I am asking is sewer a connection that shouldn't exist. If you don't have an answer, simply ignore rather than trolling me with rules and other assorted bullshit. Check the OP. Am I doing anything that's related to piracy that genuinely threatens the existence of Ll? I think not.

I actually would have an answer to that, but helping with piracy in my opinion put bad light on the site itself that allows these kinds of threads. I don't think it's trolling, it's common sense.

Yeah, some of us also don't like spending a dozen posts back and forth trying to help someone solve some really weird issues supposedly with our mod, then finding all the weird stuff is happening because they are running a pirated older version of Fallout.