This Game Is Infuriating

Ellis

Okay so recently I had to wipe my computer completely not ONCE but Twice. I lost all the Mods I installed, which took untold hours of my life to do. Now I'm about to uninstall Skyrim for the THIRD time because I cannot for the life of me get it to work properly anymore. I stupidly had my X-Box 360 PC Controller plugged in when I started up Skyrim to mess around for a bit, and now it defaults to that! Even if its disable. My Mouse REFUSES to work with Skyrim, no matter what setting I tweak. Not to mention the cursor is ending up on the second monitor, even if I try windowed mode, the game REFUSES to recognize I have a Mouse. I'm just about at my wits end here, and If I have to wipe Skyrim a third time I'm absolutely done with this game forever. Does ANYONE out there know how to fix this? ANYONE?! PLEASE?!

Try replacing this in skyrimPrefs.ini

[MAIN]
bGamepadEnable=0

Yeah sadly I've tried this. I really wish it worked. I've also tried Cursor Lock, and Deleting the Ini's in the Skyrim folder in My Documents and then Verifying Cache of Game, still no Mouse. I utterly refuse to play this game with a Gamepad.

This isn't so bad. Skyrim was MADE to be played with a controller. It's way better with one. It really is. The controls are better and more fluid ( for example, walking speed is variable and not just walk or run with nothing in between). And it's more immersive to use a controller and to not be fumbling around with a keyboard.

But it is an odd problem you're having. I've never seen that before. Sorry.

This isn't so bad. Skyrim was MADE to be played with a controller. It's way better with one. It really is. The controls are better and more fluid ( for example, walking speed is variable and not just walk or run with nothing in between). And it's more immersive to use a controller and to not be fumbling around with a keyboard.

When inventory list can go beyond 3 pages, then game was not made with controller in mind - controller was forced for it :P

And about subject, disable your controller and run launcher. Maybe that will fix it.

Note that launcher will fuck up your load order mod list if you use other mod manager than vanilla launcher

If you're using a mouse such as Logitech that uses profiles for certain games, make sure you're not using an incorrect profile. Try setting your gaming mouse software to default.

You can also try plugging the mouse into a different USB port. This will force your mouse driver to "reload" to the new port. 

Edit: Since you "wiped" your computer, did you make sure you have the latest drivers for your mouse, along with the rest of your hardware?

I rather destroy my high end PC then ever play with controller :P

Mouse/Keyboard is fine ive no problem at all maybe the mods ive installed im not at vanilla game anymore :D

Mouse/Keyboard is fine ive no problem at all maybe the mods ive installed im not at vanilla game anymore :D

In all fairness, I guess I am just used to it after 6000+ hours using a controller while playing Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout NV and Skyrim on an XBox/XB360. It has become second nature. And you know what they say about an old dog and new tricks. ;)

In all fairness, I guess I am just used to it after 6000+ hours using a controller while playing Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout NV and Skyrim on an XBox/XB360. It has become second nature. And you know what they say about an old dog and new tricks. ;)

Understandable but I personally stopped playing on consoles over a decade ago and have been a PC only gamer since. I would go nuts trying to use a controller now I am sure. I find the keyboard and mouse second nature. :)

I used to loathe playing games on PC because you always spent more time fucking around with them to get them running properly than actually playing them. In that regard I enjoyed consoles and how you just had to drop in a disc and GO! :lol: Skyrim was what lured me into the PC world (although I do play Halo 2 and SW Battlefront on PC...with a controller! :P).

I used to loathe playing games on PC because you always spent more time fucking around with them to get them running properly than actually playing them. In that regard I enjoyed consoles and how you just had to drop in a disc and GO! :lol: Skyrim was what lured me into the PC world (although I do play Halo 2 and SW Battlefront on PC...with a controller! :P).

Yeah but then they added internet to consoles. But really the main reasons I switched to PC from consoles was.

1) To many games I wanted to play was only on one console and not all of them on the one I wanted.

2) Many not all but many of them was also on the PC.

3) Some games like Total War series and MMO's I liked was only on the PC.

So around 2003 range I completely switched. I had started switching in 1999 because of MMO's but took me 4 years to fully switch. I didn't actually sell my last console until 2005 with all the games.

Now with more and more games having mods, well now I would never go back for that reason alone. :)

Archived