View File

This mod adds a spell which must be obtained through the console. It's called Idle Markers, and it allows you to place markers that can be selected by NPC's and the player. These markers will cause the character to sit, lay, read, and pray. This is an early release, but I'm not sure when I'm gonna work on it more. Use it to command your followers into these poses, or just give them somewhere to relax in their 'Sandbox'.

Open the console, type 'help "idle marker", then add it to your inventory using player.addspell (FormID) . Stand somewhere in Skyrim, cast the spell, then choose which type of marker you wish to place from the pop up menu (sit, lay, read, or pray). The marker will be invisible so just look down at your feet to select it. Now you can use the marker, tell your follower to use it, or just watch idle npc's randomly use it. If you want to delete the marker you created, just select it while sneaking.

I'm working on adding Pinup Poser support, but I need help attaching Idle information to furniture meshes. If you can help, please PM me.

I just updated the description, to explain this and give instructions.

Basically they are markers you can place around skyrim. These markers can make a character sit down cross legged, sit on a ledge, lay down, read a book, or pray. If you place them around Skyrim, you will notice NPC's using them. Also the player can use them. To place them, you need to add the spell via the console.

I actually downloaded your Nexusmod version and played with it a bit but decided to stay with Althris Camping Tools instead.  That mod is lore friendly, easy to use and gives me visible yet portable markers for adding/removing idles.  Not to sound like an ingrate but I will be very much interested in something like this if: 1. some kind of visible marker.  2. animation/activity not available from vanilla Skyrim. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well the new version is uploaded and it adds the spell to the Player when you load or start a game. I really need help figuring out how to make a furniture marker that links to my own animations. I've searched the CK and the furniture marker mesh and I can't find where the animation information is stored, except the hardcoded animation variables in NifSkope.

enjoy

I actually downloaded your Nexusmod version and played with it a bit but decided to stay with Althris Camping Tools instead.  That mod is lore friendly, easy to use and gives me visible yet portable markers for adding/removing idles.  Not to sound like an ingrate but I will be very much interested in something like this if: 1. some kind of visible marker.  2. animation/activity not available from vanilla Skyrim. 

I happen to disagree on this matter. I prefer invisible markers. Here is an example of what I could with this mod used together with Jaxonz Positioner.

Drag some wood crates and voila, instant makeshift camp (fire courtesy of Frostfall).

jj2l4k01zfIwD_e.jpg

@Vinniewryan : great mod, hope you will expand on it :)

Have you even tried Althris Camping Tool?  I can do exactly the same thing more conveniently and without having to install two mods.  I also don't have to worry about forgetting where I left the invisible markers that wasn't meant to be.  I can just pack up the stuff and take them with me.  This approach makes more sense in meeting vwr-idle-marker's original intent which is to add more idle for NPC in Tundra Defense, which is effectively camping in the wild.  Personally I see 1.0 as reinventing the wheel as far as camping mods.

Some players have find creative ways of using vwr-idle-markers in urban cells to create more variations of NPC activities.  The application is limited with 1.0 as the urban areas usually have decent idle placements for vanilla idles, as well as custom house mods.  My suggestions of adding non-vanilla idles are what they are, merely suggestions given what I see as potential of what this mod can offer in expanding Skyrim that has yet been done.