IGNORED

What is the best save game manager?

I've noticed that allot of people on here and elsewhere talk about having multiple characters, and ever since the game came out I have wanted to do the same. The problem is Bethesda got kind of lazy when it came to managing save games in Skyrim (not so for the console versions I've noticed. Why they couldn't just port that system over to PC is unknown to me but whatever..). Anyway, can anyone tell me what the best save game manager would be?

More specifically; what is the easiest system to use, and what works best with SKSE?

Almost everyone you hear talking about multiple characters is using Mod Organizer. It's worth making the switch, and for 1000 good reason. It does come with a slight learning curve, though. But there are tutorials on YouTube that make it simple and quick to learn, plus there's a very active MO thread in the Skyrim Non Adult subforum where you can get help if you need it.

The downside? You'd probably have to do a clean reinstall to really make the most of it. But if you want you can save your game saves (the .ess files, not the .skse save files) and load them into MO.

I now have 7 profiles. Each is a different character and each has a slightly different mod and gameplay set up. One is just for goofing off and testing new stuff. Since MO allows you to use different mods with each profile, and keeps each seperate with it's own saves and ini files, it's the perfect platform to do what you're wanting to do.

I myself use Profile Manager http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10345

i would love to use MO for the mods not having to be installed in the skyrim folders and for the profile with different mods enabled options

but I have been using wrye bash ever sence it was released for Oblivion.

if your just starting out with modding MO would be the way to go for the mod options alone

I still actively use Wry Bash  and I use MO, they're not mutually exclusive. 

Archived