@J

How difficult operation would be making a bit longer tails?

Probably not that difficult, though equally tedious. The only issue would be aesthetic since longer tails would stretch the textures quite a bit, unless the meshes can be remodeled and textures made tileable (which probably isn't ideal considering it's taking in vanilla assets), but by that point you might as well be creating original tail meshes and textures (which may require a little more work since it's like starting over from the beginning). Also, the tails my require more bones the longer they get to enable better range of movement, though the more bones attached in a chain, the more likely there will be physics glitching.

You can probably extend the tails the cheap way by opening the _0 .nif and moving the translation of each 'POS TailBone##' in the Z-axis more units. Keep in mind that the meshes only have so many edge loops, so In game, you might get some pointy angles. They will need to be remodeled if you want them to look smoother. Again, lengthening them will stretch the textures some. You can do the same changes for the _1.nif as well, just so they match, but I think the game engine only reads in the first weight .nif for positioning. Though if you get weirdness, best to match them so there's not inconsistency there.

what bodyslide preset are you using? mind uploading it?

If you mean the ones in the screenshots, the one with the basic dragon tails is using the default CBBE body, I think. The witch lady with the Khajiit tail is Kalatorni's character, and the succubus lady with the Alduin tail is Saeros' character. I don't have any of their presets, so you will have to ask them if you desire.

Guest john0800

Is it possible to change which slot these are equipped to? My succubus lives in frostfall and gets kind of chilly, so she kind of needs her cloaks :P

Is it possible to change which slot these are equipped to? My succubus lives in frostfall and gets kind of chilly, so she kind of needs her cloaks :P

Hm, the tails should take up Slot 40 (default tail slots for any race, Khajiits and Argonians included), so I am unsure if Frostfall cloaks actually take up that slot or not. If you used it as a replacer for the succubus race of another mod, you will have to check with the mod author about that.

If you want to change it yourself through the Creation Kit as well as NifSkope, you are more than welcome to.

what bodyslide preset are you using? mind uploading it?

If you mean the ones in the screenshots, the one with the basic dragon tails is using the default CBBE body, I think. The witch lady with the Khajiit tail is Kalatorni's character, and the succubus lady with the Alduin tail is Saeros' character. I don't have any of their presets, so you will have to ask them if you desire.

@preston

my bodyslyde preset is a revision of this:  ALSL Body - CBBE BBP TBBP HDT Bodyslide presets

I use CBBE Body HDT (from bodyslide 2.1a) and Remodeled Armor by ChronoTrigger77 

bye!

S.

edit: sorry, I could not resist..

I put a video to show the beauty of the jacques work

J. feel free to add it in the OP

dat-tail!  :D 

woah!...........

which animation of "stealth idle" are you using? (putting his hand on the ground)

I want it!

czPghu0.gif

Was it that bad quality after all, hehe... :P *her*

I dont remember the mod, must have been quite popular as I have found it... but here it is attachicon.gifsneakmtidle.rar

thank you so much!

:lol: 

so... I am now succubus addicted..
I was looking for a way to resemble the tail of something like this:

SuccubusTail.jpg

..then I saw the kaleen race!

Gx6ZLup.jpg

I tried immediately the jacques version
so I changed the color (success) and try it with PSQ (player succubus quest)..
but during the transformation, the animated wings disappear  :o 

I tried to look at the body parts, but everything looks correct..
does anyone know how to solve?

I really need this tail! :D

Thanks for the video links Saeros and Kalatorni! The first post has been updated with the links.

tnks to you!

S.

The only thing I can think of is that it could be a slot conflict between the items. I't not just the body part list in the .nif, but also Biped Object slot in the .esp. Also, the replacer of the Kaleen tails, there is a "BGED" branch--I think that can be deleted, but I'm unsure if that will make a difference.

So, it is kinda like a whip-tail? Remove hair from the cow tail perhaps? :P

Thanks for the video links Saeros and Kalatorni! The first post has been updated with the links.

You're welcome (heh, Kalamatori... XD)

Yes, sorry about that, my fingers sometimes type random things--fixed now!

I finally had the occasion to try these tails. I just wanted to write down that they are so amazing for me... the only problem of these, like for the ribbon, is once I start to use them then I can't play anymore without them... they're too addictive! :)

Thank you Jacques00, thank you so much

The only thing I can think of is that it could be a slot conflict between the items. I't not just the body part list in the .nif, but also Biped Object slot in the .esp. Also, the replacer of the Kaleen tails, there is a "BGED" branch--I think that can be deleted, but I'm unsure if that will make a difference.

-removed "BGED" branch-

YES!

It works! 

I'm so happy! :awesome:.png 

4djIuxF.jpg

now I have to find a more beautiful textures...

thanks again! ^_^ 

@jacques

I tried to change the kaleen tail to make it thinner and give it a triangular tip..

-as in this image-

6VWFlQp.jpg

This is the result

QaU8RBW.jpgnEfhpIl.jpg

I'm just really novice and I do not know how to integrate it in nifskope.

I put here .obj and .3ds file (zipped)

hope I have done everything right..
if you want to try to use it...  :D I would be happy!

bye!

S.

@jacques

I tried to change the kaleen tail to make it thinner and give it a triangular tip..

Here is a remodeled version of the tail with a triangular tip. I did not do a lot of cleanup work on it, but only just enough to get by. It currently is linked to the "dragon_tail.xml" and Kaleen textures. You can modify it to your liking, but I don't think I'll integrate it into the main mod (at least not yet anyway). The UVs are that of Kaleens, which are a derivative of Khajiit tails, so retextures might not look very good unless those are modified to better fit the demon tail itself. The .zip file only contains the resouce .nif files, so do with it what you will.

hdt_demon_tail.zip

Hope it helps!

Many thanks!
Edit: J. no .nif file in your .zip
is the .obj and .3ds of my prev post.. :(

meanhwile I figured out how to use nifskope...
I noticed that my tail was too small..
so I changed again the original kaleen-tail (maintaining the proportion) and created a larger triangular tip.

VVkoeg3.jpg

px2YgkW.jpg

this tail looks very good! use the dragon_tail.xml and some alduin textures (for now.. but is not the best, I will try other textures)

bye!

S.

Many thanks!

Sorry about that, I've corrected the file now.

Glad you found a workaround. You can still use the tail I made if you like, whichever gives you the best results.

Wow, these tails are pretty awesome.  I do have a couple silly requests, though:

First: I'd love to see an Argonian tail scaled up to the vicinity of this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17339/?

Second: I see you've made a higher attach point variant, but they all seem a little too high for me already...  Would it be possible to create a lower attach point variant?

Which version are you using? I'm not sure if I'll have the time to adjust all of the tails for the main mod, but I may be able to change the Khajiit/Argonians replacer one. You are more than welcome to adjust the position of the tails in NifSkope if you like (recommended bones to shift in the Z-axis are 'Tail Main', 'POS TailSpine' and  'POS TailSpine1'--you can also get away with scaling them too if you want thicker, longer, tails).

Many thanks!

Sorry about that, I've corrected the file now.

Glad you found a workaround. You can still use the tail I made if you like, whichever gives you the best results.

Thank you very much!

you're the best

edit: I tried your version

oooh lord, in nifskope the tail is beautiful! ..is much more beautiful than my proto succu-tail!

but in game...

oIm0wQD.jpg

:(

what could cause this?

what could cause this?

Sorry about that, it looks like a vertex mismatch between morph states... I fixed that and reuploaded. Let me know if it works better now.

MpNcZv0.gif

all works!
thank you very much!

S.

edit:

ytRMSEK.jpg

:heart: