Just saying Hi. I'm the newest member of the tail physics gang. I'm very impressed with your mods and am checking them out right now.

I'm looking into procuring 3ds max 2010 or 2012 currently and use the Havok Content Tools and NifTools with it.

In theory this should allow for proper editing, after all.

Just saying Hi. I'm the newest member of the tail physics gang. I'm very impressed with your mods and am checking them out right now.

I'm looking into procuring 3ds max 2010 or 2012 currently and use the Havok Content Tools and NifTools with it.

Hello and welcome. There is a lot to be learned and experiment with, but I wish you the best of luck!

Hello and welcome. There is a lot to be learned and experiment with, but I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks! I've played around with it a bit; it seems fairly easy once you know what you are doing with the tools.

I'm by no means new to 3ds max, but I have little experience with Havok physics and only some with the NIF format.

I'll have to sit through a few of Canderes videos, I think. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I really love this mod, but it doesn't do so well when flying. One my main reasons for installing was to go with the flying mod and animated wings mod. However, when flying "forward" the tail starts to do random stuff and tends remain perpendicular to the body which looks really strange. Is there something I did wrong?

I really love this mod, but it doesn't do so well when flying. One my main reasons for installing was to go with the flying mod and animated wings mod. However, when flying "forward" the tail starts to do random stuff and tends remain perpendicular to the body which looks really strange. Is there something I did wrong?

Hm... I haven't tried the flying mod to confirm, but I do have a guess that it could be a performance issue. Like if you fly very high, the Skyrim world has to load and pre-load a lot of assets in your character's range of vision so that might mess up how the physics works. I would suggest trying  your flying tests in an interior, if possible, and let me know if you get the same results.

Another guess could be that whatever the flying forward behavior is, it could be locking the HDT Physics entirely (but I am doubtful of this, though it does happen in some animations where the player control is disabled). If this is the case, the tails will look frozen for that animation.

I don't think you've done anything wrong, it could just be a compatibility/pperformance issue. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Hm... I haven't tried the flying mod to confirm, but I do have a guess that it could be a performance issue. Like if you fly very high, the Skyrim world has to load and pre-load a lot of assets in your character's range of vision so that might mess up how the physics works. I would suggest trying  your flying tests in an interior, if possible, and let me know if you get the same results.

Another guess could be that whatever the flying forward behavior is, it could be locking the HDT Physics entirely (but I am doubtful of this, though it does happen in some animations where the player control is disabled). If this is the case, the tails will look frozen for that animation.

I don't think you've done anything wrong, it could just be a compatibility/pperformance issue. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Test flight in the interior, same results. The HDT hair/breast/butt all function normally in flight.

It seems like the tail should be drawn parallel to the legs in flight but it does every but that. The tail spends more time above the waist then below and I am moving forward. When moving forward with the fligh mod your body tills forward 90 degrees, so if you just took off, you are parallel with the ground. In one test I am managed to get the tail stuck in a "u" shape.

Test flight in the interior, same results. The HDT hair/breast/butt all function normally in flight.

It seems like the tail should be drawn parallel to the legs in flight but it does every but that. The tail spends more time above the waist then below and I am moving forward. When moving forward with the fligh mod your body tills forward 90 degrees, so if you just took off, you are parallel with the ground. In one test I am managed to get the tail stuck in a "u" shape.

Okay, I know what you are experiencing now. It is based on the limits I applied for the .xml. I usually test the tails while the character is in normal poses, like running, walking, standing, etc. Laying back or forward is away from the norm and the .xml doesn't account for that (possibly relying on a relative coordinate system than a global one). I'll see if I can come up with an .xml that can help correct that...

I am kind of amazed no else has ran into that issue, or they haven't said anything about it. Flying + Animated wings are kind of awesome. At the same time glad I wasn't just being retarded and doing something wrong. Thanks for at least looking a fix for it.

Flying Mod if you want it for testing.

Here is an experimental .xml for the dragon tails. I think I've finally sorted out how the ragdoll function works so I made some tests with it, and applied it to the base joint of the tail (at first, I did make the entire tail a ragdoll, but that looked very lifeless and the tail just flopped around everywhere). There may be some glitchiness, but I don't know if it is better or worse than previously. I did test it with the Flying mod and it does seem to look a little more natural (the flying mod really whacks out my physics in certain areas, so consistency was hard to gauge).

dragon_tail_xml_fix.zip

Hope this helps!

Also, Maelstrius, I want to you to try this .xml as well--you can either equip the dragon tail to your character, or replace the .xml of the tail your character uses and swap it with this one to test. If this gets rid of the glitchy problem, I will edit the other .xml's and make  an alternate fix pack for anyone going through the same problem.

Did some testing, it better in flight now it is no longer trying to remain above the waist.

-Although a new issues seems to have shown up, the tail just spazs out for a lack of better words. The mesh gets stretched and I see a distorted tail flicker about. Stopping all movement seem to restore the tail. What seemed to trigger in was quick changes in height, such as jumping or stairs, but that wasn't very consistent.

-The last part of the tail looks like it is bend in the opposite direction of the rest of tail is curved in.

-At a few times, it looked like the about the last half the tail was laying on its side.

Would you mind uploading the pure ragdoll? Really curious to see what that would look like, I am not sure that a "lifeless" tail would bother me.

Did some testing, it better in flight now it is no longer trying to remain above the waist.

-Although a new issues seems to have shown up, the tail just spazs out for a lack of better words. The mesh gets stretched and I see a distorted tail flicker about. Stopping all movement seem to restore the tail. What seemed to trigger in was quick changes in height, such as jumping or stairs, but that wasn't very consistent.

-The last part of the tail looks like it is bend in the opposite direction of the rest of tail is curved in.

-At a few times, it looked like the about the last half the tail was laying on its side.

Would you mind uploading the pure ragdoll? Really curious to see what that would look like, I am not sure that a "lifeless" tail would bother me.

Okay, here are the ragdoll ones. It might be more stable, at the cost of being way more floppy.

dragon_tail_xml_ragdoll.zip

• 3 weeks later...

hello jacques, great mod!
I can not find the Alduin Tail (.nif) 
is my mistake or is not there? 

I wanted to add it to PSQ succubus mesh folder (for automatic transformation)
tnks!  :) 

it should be under the filepath "data\meshes\dragon_tail" and there should be two nif files for Alduin tails: "tail_alduin_0.nif" and "tail_alduin_1.nif". The default path for it's HDT_PE .xmls are in "data\skse\plugins\hdtPhysicsExtensions\dragon\dragon_tail.xml"

Hope this helps!

thanks again jacques, everything works fine... (sometimes the tail looks like a helicopter, but I fix it by resetting the succubus transformation :P )

I wanted to know if is possible to make the tail more slim..

ytHQHsF.jpg

ktbsVbA.jpg

I tried it on my own (using Cinema 4D) .. but I have to watch more 3D modelling tutorial  :P

JNh2oIC.jpgFLA2cjO.jpg

I have a problem to understand the nifskope integration

If you are interested I'll send you the file in PM.

bye!

S.

thanks again jacques, everything works fine... (sometimes the tail looks like a helicopter, but I fix it by resetting the succubus transformation :P )

Yes, the tail physics are still very fidgety outdoors, but they should perform a bit better in interiors. That performance is dictated primarily by the .xmls, so until I can get a better setup for that, it's just a natural inconvenience.

Check the first post, slimmer dragon tails are now an optional download. Hope that helps!

I'm having a problem I install the mod but I can't find it in the console. the mod doesn't seem to be working

After accessing the console, be sure to type in:

help "dragon tail"

With the quotes (this will search for the items/variables/dialogue listed with "dragon tail" in the name). You can use the 'Page Up' and 'Page Down' keys to scroll through the list of names found. If you don't want to search for them, take note of the mod's Load Order number and use the list provided in the first post to add the item directly into your inventory using the console commands. Maybe I will make them craftable in the future, but for now, the console will have to do.

Also be sure that the "EquipDragonTails.esp" is toggled on in your mod's plugin list before you start your game. Hope this helps!

Yes, the tail physics are still very fidgety outdoors, but they should perform a bit better in interiors. That performance is dictated primarily by the .xmls, so until I can get a better setup for that, it's just a natural inconvenience.

Check the first post, slimmer dragon tails are now an optional download. Hope that helps!

it works fine! 

thank you very much!  :lol: 

the slim-version on my succubus, is much more beautiful!

is very daedric

zQQNSpn.jpg

..and moves far better  :D 

it works fine! 

thank you very much!  :lol: 

the slim-version on my succubus, is much more beautiful!

is very daedric

zQQNSpn.jpg

..and moves far better  :D 

No problem, I'm glad I could help.

Awesome armor for the the succubus by the way. Which one is that?