Primary disk SSD?

Hello, my problem is very simple my primary disk in an old WD decided to abandon me and so I have to replace it with what.

My motherboard is an asus striker 2 formula and I do not have a lot of ability to pay my interest would be to opt for a SSD but I can do?
After much research, it would seem so, however, I have doubts and I would like the opinion of someone who is more experienced in this field and who could kindly give me some advice.
In my country, I found this Kingston SSD V300 120GB 2.5-7mm can I fit?
The price is cheap.
Or should I turn my gaze on a traditional HD what to do?
Thanks for any reply. :D

It'll fit with a bay adapter, usually about $5 U.S. and if your other drive is still operational, you can use Macrium Reflect Free edition to clone it over. I've moved to a SDD as my primary HD with a 3TB regular drive for mass storage.

Same, just tossed all my PATA junk a long time ago, and made sure we didn't get anything that old when we built out the rack for the office. FC SAN all the way! Well until you hit the drives. Got one array full of SATA drives and one full of nearline SAS even though the HP VAR said the two would be identical *shakes fist*.

I remember reading about your travails there Pride, I just wish my company could afford stuff, I work for a small religious non-profit and I scrape, scrounge, beg, borrow and steal the parts we need. I have to make due with donated equipment, it can be tough at times.

• 2 weeks later...

Um, so that the SSID has arrived and I installed windows 7 samba so good, but at every boot I have to enter the boot menu and indicate the SSD
The system not only can not find the part to boot.
What can be wrong?
Thank you.

Um, so that the SSID has arrived and I installed windows 7 samba so good, but at every boot I have to enter the boot menu and indicate the SSD

The system not only can not find the part to boot.

What can be wrong?

Thank you.

Have you checked the boot order in the BIOS (ensure the SSD is listed at the top)?

Enabling AHCI is found in your PC's BIOS settings. If all of your drives are SATA, Windows 7 will switch automatically to AHCI once it sees it's on. This also turns on the TRIM function to keep the drive ok and make it last longer.