Corrupted Textures? (Looks like confetti...)

Working on a mod at the moment, and everything texture wise looks fine on the CK but in game it looks like this:

I3pSuXV.jpg

What could be causing this bug?

EDIT: It works fine in game on my computer (the one I built the mod on) the one Im testing on (my brother's) is where the screenshot is from. He has the esp and the bsa files in the data folder.

Thanks to anyone who reads/helps.

-SpreadTheBlood

The effect often occurs when the mini maps missing in the textures.

Can you explain what you mean? It works on my computer, but when I go to test it on my brother's computer, that's when the texture bug occurs. Is it something failing when I export or is it just something he has to figure out on his end?

The effect often occurs when the mini maps missing in the textures.

Can you explain what you mean? It works on my computer, but when I go to test it on my brother's computer, that's when the texture bug occurs. Is it something failing when I export or is it just something he has to figure out on his end?

Some mods have textures, where the Mini Maps are missing.

Mini Maps are there in principle to show the mesh with the right texture, in dependence on the distance to the object and the graphic settings of the computer.

If a dds-file is opened/edited with Gimp (for example) and overwritten only - Minmaps not be saved.

Your brother can be try to correct with the graphics settings of skyrim.

It is better, however, the dds to open it with Gimp and then:

File -> Export -> Filename.dds -> BC3/DXT5 (compression) + checkmark Generate Mini Maps.

All files also need mini maps:

filename_n.dds

filename_s.dds

filename_sk.dds

filename_msn.dds

Some time ago, Gimp was 16 bits only. This must have changed. But I will download it later and see for myself.

(Paint.net is has plugins that I find useful and simple to use, but if you have Gimp you probably don't need it.)

Archived