IGNORED

Aggressive NPCs

human3166

Did anyone else got this problem where they were attacked on sight by NPCs who shouldn't? For example, when I arrived in Nipton, I was attacked on sight by the legionnaires. I was also attacked in the Goodsprings saloon and by the NCR at Helios One. 

I managed to figure out the source of the problem: dogs. They are aggressive by default, so when I approach, they attack and so they masters afterwards. I tested this theory by disabling the combat AI, killing the dogs and enabling the combat AI back. Once there were no dogs around, the NPCs were not aggressive anymore. 

Does anyone have any idea what can be done with the dogs? Resetting them or something... Anyway, I'm throwing this out there. Maybe someone else is having such issues and maybe this helps. 

Also, this is my load order, perhaps someone more skilled than me can figure something out.

FalloutNV.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
HonestHearts.esm
DeadMoney.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
Sexout.esm
SexoutCommonResources.esm
SexoutSlavery.esm
Daughters of Ares.esp
SexoutStore.esm
msexBase.esm
T6M Equipment Replacer NV.esm
XRE - CARS!.esm
IWR.esm
SexoutLegion.esm
SexoutZAZ.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
fedora.esp
sleep_on_back_sexy.esp
FNNsysNV.esp
AradiaKatoArmor.esp
PinkPrincessSuitEN.esp
fnvrwlo - brighter nights.esp
fnvrwlo - original.esp
SexoutSS_C.esp
SexoutSex.esp
SexoutSexAssault.esp
SmallerTalk.esp
msexFort.esp
msexVeronica.esp
XRE - CARS!.esp
Readius_NV.esp
IWR - Rebuilt.esp
SexoutNCR.esp
SexoutKings.esp
SexoutFiends.esp
SexoutPowderGangers.esp
Tryout-PG Kennel.esp
SexoutKhans.esp
SexoutWorkingGirl.esp

Due to not having run all of the mods, I don't know what the cause of it would be.  However, owned dogs by friendly factions shouldn't be attacking you on sight.  I'm assuming that your reputation w/ those factions were good before the fights started.

Install any new mods recently?  What happens if you try a previous save? 

My reputation with the legion is neutral. In Goodsprings I's idolized. I tried going back a bit, but I don't have saves that are too old. Maybe something happened after I completed tryout kennel... although I deactivated all tryout files and tried approaching again and still they attacked. But again, I don't have any saves before the powder gangers events.

The dogs outside in the solar panels array at Helios One are aggressive no matter what.  They fucking suck.

I don't know if you've tried to go back to a previous save or not to see if the trouble persisted there.

If it was the Tryouts Kennel, you could try disabling it and seeing if you were still attacked on sight, although I don't know if that would have changed...I don't know....something.

Since I happen to have the GECK open....there is a faction named DogFaction.  The Base ID that you'd need to set the :heart: titude for dogs is 00021475.

Take a look at the top here to see about setting faction :heart: titude with the console.

Who knows what effect it will have on your game besides making all dog, coyotes, and nightstalkers (the list has all 3 in it) possibly not attack you.  They may or may not attack if you attack their master's faction.

In Summary:  Break your game at your own risk.  :D

Well I have the same problem in Goodsprings. I don't use the Tryout mods though. It starts with Cheyenne and last playthrough it was Easy Pete. In my breeder playthrough I didn't have any problems. Now I play without breeder but have activated Sexout-Assault and Solicitating. I just can guess that there is some missbehavior in the stalker part of assault. Cannot reproduce anything though.

• 3 weeks later...

The OP said the dogs were causing the related faction to attack.  This is assuming that the PC spent some beautiful, tender moments with a canine companion.

I managed to figure out the source of the problem: dogs. They are aggressive by default, so when I approach, they attack and so they masters afterwards. I tested this theory by disabling the combat AI, killing the dogs and enabling the combat AI back. Once there were no dogs around, the NPCs were not aggressive anymore.

Archived