Immersion? Who needs immersion! More health bars!

Oh my...You were able to add head-floaty graphics?

I just..How...

Gawd man. That's epic.

Next step would be to add dialogue text floating above the head as well. *Nudge nudge wink wink*

Sorcery. Nah, mixture of NetImmerse and Scaleform knowledge. Theoretically it's actually fairly simple, world to screen the 3d points, insert them into the hud, scale them, get the actor health. Most of the information was taken from map markers, they use the same method, I even used some of the same functions.

Putting text above the head wouldn't really be too far off. It would be the same concept, find when dialogue initiates, who it initiated with, and when to end it.

Brilliant! I was looking for something exactly like this a while ago but didn't find anything. Are you working on this with the eventual intent of releasing it as a mod?

Yes. You probably never found anything because it's not something anyone could do. You need to know quite a lot about Scaleform, NetImmerse, and the game engine to even come close.

One thing I dont like about MMO is their spam of hud so im not sure about this... Anyway, I think it could work for me with a subtle bar, let's say a little circle or the same but vertical at the side of the enemy, in any case with very subtle opacity.

Im now interested in ideas that this implements could bring to skyrim. Also why not for pr0n mods, like emoticons indicating the state of arousal or such things.

One thing I dont like about MMO is their spam of hud so im not sure about this... Anyway, I think it could work for me with a subtle bar, let's say a little circle or the same but vertical at the side of the enemy, in any case with very subtle opacity.

Im now interested in ideas that this implements could bring to skyrim. Also why not for pr0n mods, like emoticons indicating the state of arousal or such things.

Mardoxx and I have already written most of it to be bar specific, but I could probably generalize the API to accept custom widgets within the 'object space' the meter is an imported asset so changing the meter look is actually very simple (You literally just open the meter and change the way it looks in Flash).

Right now the plugin has an internal list of all ObjectReferences who should have bars. The structure held in the list keeps track of the internal GFx objects that need to be scaled and repositioned every frame, so adding another object into the holding container wouldn't be that difficult.

The only problem is that it's difficult to not have parts hardcoded without suffering from framerate loss by entering the VM and executing AS code (Although AS is actually very fast as it is anyway and the current framerate loss seems to be negligible).

These are basically objects that live in Scaleform, not in the world. They just give the illusion of being in the world due to the W2S (World to Screen) transformation. The function does make LOS tests so it will attempt to hide object when you physically cannot see the reference but there are still instances where you will see the bar through objects (Since the hud layer isn't in the world).

Edit: These are also occasionally really tough to look at, they move with the head, which can sometimes jerk around really fast. I'll have to find another means of determining an appropriate height to display so that they don't jerk around as much. Using the marker position was easy because it already gave me a convenient virtual function on an ObjectReference to return coordinates. You obviously don't want the healthbar shown in the middle of an Actor's body so putting it at a fixed height is not appropriate. I think a good solution would be to compute the skeleton's maximum height at load time and dynamically create a node at that height that could be easily retrieved.

Very clever.

After many years of being main healer in raids  I have a very serious aversion to health bars, I get malaria symptoms just looking at that screenshot.  

Archived