SmallerTalk version 1.2.6 - updated 2-3-13

is that the part for actors a/b or is it b/c for the threesome's etc.?

SmallerTalk isn't connected to Sexout at all. All it does is start a conversation that doesn't have a goodbye response so it remains open. Any mods that have a top-level dialogue topic will then display those topics after the conversation SmallerTalk starts is finished. You'll see "What's up?" then you say "Nothing much... and you?" then they say "Same ol', same ol'..." and then the top level topics available to that NPC will be displayed, which should include SexoutSex, SexoutHowAbout, a cigarette mod I use that lets you bum smokes or any other mod with a top level topic.

• 2 weeks later...

astymma, I've noticed that now, whomever I talk to, always approaches me after I finish dialogue, so long as they are not a 'generic' NPC. So say, I talk to veronica, say whatever I want, and then a second or two later, she's like 'what' ... it's getting annoying because this is happening even if I just use the companion wheel, on anyone!

This is probably impossible, but is it no possible to crate say two keys, one for 'normal' interactions and one for 'sex related' ones?

Thanks.

astymma' date=' I've noticed that now, whomever I talk to, always approaches me after I finish dialogue, so long as they are not a 'generic' NPC. So say, I talk to veronica, say whatever I want, and then a second or two later, she's like 'what' ... it's getting annoying because this is happening even if I just use the companion wheel, on anyone!

This is probably impossible, but is it no possible to crate say two keys, one for 'normal' interactions and one for 'sex related' ones?

Thanks.

[/quote']

That a function of smallertalk, but you can turn it off using MCM. Helps with Cass cause she messes up sexout dialog but with other companions its not needed.

• 1 month later...

Oh' date=' what toggle is it?

[/quote']

"Enable After Companion Wheel Conversation"

Set it to OFF to stop them initiating conversation after using the companion wheel.

I owe you a very delayed thanks.

I was still having issue to talk to cass withor without SmallerTalk' date=' so I added the 'J' key to your script as an alternate way to "jump" past her rather painfull GREETINGS:

I also added an MCM variable to control the Jump key.

Note: tested with a smallertalk converted to ESM, but I change the master name before uploading.

[/quote']

Does this fix the annoying issue where I have to basically threathen to dismiss her, change my mind, to have her give me her normal lines?

I've never understood why her dialogue tree is so messed up.

Getting SmallerTalk to work with Cass isn't a function of SmallerTalk needing some alteration... it's a matter of reading this thread and the release notes and doing what is mentioned there...

The tools to properly speak to Cass already exists and work correctly.

You don't understand astymma, I am perfectly capable of reading, and have done so many times.

What I am saying is that, even with or without SmallerTalk and messing with the MCM toggles, in any unmodded game of mine, Cass has a messed up dialogue tree. As in, I can only ask her certain types of questions if I exhaust her dialogue or try to dismiss her.

It has nothing to do SmallerTalk, so I would be grateful if you did not take that tone with me. The previous problem I had, which you replied to and which I thanked you for, I have already solved, thank you very much.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't read all sorry' date=' but it would be great if we could configure a smalltalk button that would send the dialogue without affecting the "standard" dialogue system :s

[/quote']

You'll need to be more specific about that since SmallerTalk doesn't affect standard dialogue.

Sorry, i'll try to explain what I mean

I was thinking about adding a totally separate dialog tree...

For now smaller talk just permit you to enable almost anything to speak to you...

I know it's not directly related, but I found that added dialogs from other mods sometime didn't appear because specific npcs dialogs tree sometime blocked the standard tree to come up (I don't have specific example but while you're in a certain quest some npc would have only the quest related options)

A separate dialog tree called with a separate key would permit you to have your options ready anytime with anyone without interfering with anything...

Well I don't know if I was really clear here

Sorry' date=' i'll try to explain what I mean

For now smaller talk just permit you to enable almost anything to speak to you...

I know it's not directly related, but I found that added dialogs from other mods sometime didn't appear because specific npcs dialogs tree sometime blocked the standard tree to come up (I don't have specific example but while you're in a certain quest some npc would have only the quest related options)

A separate dialog tree called with a separate key would permit you to have your options ready anytime with anyone without interfering with anything...

[/quote']

Many NPCs have a control state variable that dictates what dialogue they have available at any one moment. Most quest NPCs fall into that group. You can create your own top level dialogue trees any time and SmallerTalk will enable them to be shown. The scope of the mod isn't to alter or add dialogue or make existing dialogue override some other existing dialogue. The point is to allow an NPC that has only goodbye flagged responses to continue to be interacted with by top level dialogue trees.

Unless you had something else in mind?

Sorry' date=' i'll try to explain what I mean

[/quote']

The ExtendedSmallerTalsk.esp I posted a few pages back should allow you to do that with the J key if you activate the option in MCM.

Some NPC who have a non goodbye greeting will give you a different list of topic if activated or called from StartConversation.

For example, the NCR guarding the Crops field in NewwVegas (or Cass!).

The ExtendedSmallerTalsk.esp I posted a few pages back should allow you to do that with the J key if you activate the option in MCM.

Some NPC who have a non goodbye greeting will give you a different list of topic if activated or called from StartConversation.

For example' date=' the NCR guarding the Crops field in NewwVegas (or Cass!).

[/quote']

Which reminds me, that should really be in another thread entirely. Or, alternatively, post change requests in this thread so I can make necessary changes. Uploading a fork to this thread is simply confusing to people and I won't be supporting any forks. If you could, Jaam, can you move it to it's own topic?

[/quote']

Which reminds me, that should really be in another thread entirely. Or, alternatively, post change requests in this thread so I can make necessary changes. Uploading a fork to this thread is simply confusing to people and I won't be supporting any forks. If you could, Jaam, can you move it to it's own topic?

I'll remove it from this topic now, and see about adding another topic tomorrow.

[/quote']

I'll remove it from this topic now, and see about adding another topic tomorrow.

Thanks, make it easier on both of us hehe :)

jaam, someone mentioned requesting something similar to what I have in mind, so I wanted to ask, would it be possible to have a key (like the j key for the previous update you put up) that allowed just the 'normal' greeting from the NPC in question.

So say I just want to hear the NPC make the generic comment, I would press J (as E in vanilla) while if I want to interact with him through dialogue, I would press E and it works like SmallerTalk.

Would that be at all possible?

• 2 weeks later...

jaam' date=' someone mentioned requesting something similar to what I have in mind, so I wanted to ask, would it be possible to have a key (like the j key for the previous update you put up) that allowed just the 'normal' greeting from the NPC in question.

So say I just want to hear the NPC make the generic comment, I would press J (as E in vanilla) while if I want to interact with him through dialogue, I would press E and it works like SmallerTalk.

Would that be at all possible?

[/quote']

You can accomplish this in SmallerTalk by using the timer. If you set the timer to more seconds than it takes for you to open the standard dialogue window and close it, the NPC will then approach you afterwards with the SmallerTalk greeting. That way the default behavior is to do standard dialogue but with the followup behavior of approaching you with SmallerTalk dialogue if you simply close the standard dialogue window before the timer runs out.

That's kind of what I meant by reading the thread. I wasn't trying to be snarky... it's just that I addressed the issue back in post 108. It reiterates what I just said above. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what Jaam's fork does and what you're asking for... or am I misunderstanding your request?

• 1 month later...

Okay, I know this has been left alone for some time, but for some reason I get the options, but nothing happens afterward. What am I missing?

---

Okay, I will reinstall everything and remove mods that I added recently. Maybe they are the reason.

This mod just allows you to converse with NPCs that don't have any vanilla dialogue of their own. Some other mods need that in order to provide a more immersive experience. You can try the mod that inspired it if you like, SmallTalk, but that one has problems of it's own -- namely it requires some of the DLC (I forget which one) and also makes the game take 900 years to start up.

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed a small oddity. If there's someone on a couch and you take a seat by them when you sit down it triggers smallertalk. Not an issue for me or anything I just thought it might be worth reporting. It might already be known' date=' I've no idea.

[/quote']

I've been without an internet connection for a long while now but I'm back, I'll take a look into this.

EDIT: After looking, I couldn't replicate this behavior. I tried couches, booths and benches with no results like you described. Do you have any more information like a specific couch this happened with or what mod?