SmallerTalk version 1.2.6 - updated 2-3-13

Welcome back my ni* ;)

Heh' date=' thanks... I'm busy trying to figure out wtf has changed in Sexout while I was away...sheesh.

[/quote']

Plenty in the guts. No backwards compat was broken this time. I have save/load/new notification working in a custom build of NVSE thanks to ashmedai. Giving silverlock a little more time to at least respond to my patch request before releasing it and then getting on with the persistence in the extender.

I think you'll really like the data that is available during scenes now via the extender though, in the "Sexout:Core" and "Sexout:Begin" namespaces on each actor. Some of the info is duplicated since Core came first by request.

I have a workaround for save/load that will be in the next version of sexout (after the current beta) though, just in case. Not perfect, but it'll do for a little while.

• 2 weeks later...

So was creature support added? I was trying to fix this issue (failed). 1st I couldn't make a new quest... nor could I add ANY topics, simply wouldn't let me do either. I could edit Conversations and that is about it... but that didn't work cause it didn't find a Quest linked to it.

So was creature support added? I was trying to fix this issue (failed). 1st I couldn't make a new quest... nor could I add ANY topics' date=' simply wouldn't let me do either. I could edit Conversations and that is about it... but that didn't work cause it didn't find a Quest linked to it.

[/quote']

Creature support is enabled as an MCM option which removes the GetIsCreature check that would normally block SmallerTalk from activating. This will ONLY help you if you have another mod that provides dialogue/actions involving creatures.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to disable this for specific NPCs?

using the Penthouse in the Lucky 38 i seam to be hit and miss with victor activing smallertalk after teleporting to or from any of his options.

Victor is a creature so just turn off creature interactions using the MCM options.

Edit: Oops, too slow, RDKateran beat me to it.

@astymma

Can you simplify this dialog:

NPC: What's up?

YOU: Nothing much... and you?

NPC: Same ol', same ol'...

Into just this:

The "What's up?" will show around 1-2 seconds, without need to be clicked, then it will automatically show the dialog option menu. It will be more realistic and efficient as well. What do you think? :cool:

@astymma

Can you simplify this dialog:

YOU: Nothing much... and you?

NPC: Same ol'' date=' same ol'...[/quote']

Into just this:

The "What's up?" will show around 1-2 seconds, without need to be clicked, then it will automatically show the dialog option menu. It will be more realistic and efficient as well. What do you think? :cool:

It's two levels of dialogue for a specific reason. The what's up is the SmallerTalkGreeting and the nothing much and same ol same ol lines are the SmallerTalkResponse. It's 2 levels specifically to clear the GREETING responses from ever showing up and result in only top levels showing up. When I tried it with only 1 level (i.e. only SmallerTalkGreeting), I got inconsistent results and some missing top levels.

So that is the technical issue. I do have that thought at first too.

I initially thought about providing say 10 greetings and 10 responses and let them be randomly chosen but, unfortunately, people would constantly be posting "I'm not sure if it's working" tech support questions.

So that is the technical issue. I do have that thought at first too.

I initially thought about providing say 10 greetings and 10 responses and let them be randomly chosen but' date=' unfortunately, people would constantly be posting "I'm not sure if it's working" tech support questions.

[/quote']

You know, I've wondered the same thing in regards to Sexout Sex.

For roleplay purposes and realism's sake, I would add a few different responses and greetings, both by the player and the NPC. But then I thought of the actual *players* and wondered whether it was worth it.

I still think I should go through with it and make it random...

I dunno about anyone else' date=' but I'd appreciate a little variety in the dialogue. The "What's up" routine as it stands gets stale really quickly.

[/quote']

Hmm, I think I can toss in both TBH... have an MCM option for the single dialogue and an option to choose to randomize the dialogue. I'll start working on it soon.

I dunno about anyone else' date=' but I'd appreciate a little variety in the dialogue. The "What's up" routine as it stands gets stale really quickly.

[/quote']

Hmm, I think I can toss in both TBH... have an MCM option for the single dialogue and an option to choose to randomize the dialogue. I'll start working on it soon.

Astymma, if you could do that, I could work on SexoutSex dialogue options that were somewhat randomised. Do you think you could tinker with MCM to reflect SexoutSex changes too?

I ask because, while I know how to modify ingame dialogue, I have no idea how to influence MCM.

Cheers.

[/quote']

Astymma, if you could do that, I could work on SexoutSex dialogue options that were somewhat randomised. Do you think you could tinker with MCM to reflect SexoutSex changes too?

I ask because, while I know how to modify ingame dialogue, I have no idea how to influence MCM.

Cheers.

Not sure I entirely understand your question. One thing that won't be in SmallerTalk is any direct ties to Sexout or Sexout mods. It's meant to be a generic dialogue helper. Perhaps I'm not understanding where you'd like to go with your suggestion?

I think I understand what he's asking. Smallertalk opens access to alternate dialogue by bypassing regular greetings doesn't it? For NPCs that don't say anything but goodbye?

CK is offering to expand the available phrasing for sexoutsex propositions if you randomize the greetings. He's not asking to tie them together, just offering to randomize sex to work with a randomized smallertalk. If I understand correctly.

I think I understand what he's asking. Smallertalk opens access to alternate dialogue by bypassing regular greetings doesn't it? For NPCs that don't say anything but goodbye?

CK is offering to expand the available phrasing for sexoutsex propositions if you randomize the greetings. He's not asking to tie them together' date=' just offering to randomize sex to work with a randomized smallertalk. If I understand correctly.

[/quote']

Hmm and I thought CK meant he needed help adding the MCM option to SexoutSex to enable/disable randomized dialogue... something I don't mind helping out with...

[/quote']

You can try this one. I have used other methods to accomplish the same or similar task. There are still no random greetings in it though.

Please remember that it is a replacement for SmallerTalk and should not be used together.

It took me about 4 hours to create this mod so it is possible that it still needs some attention...

Release v1.2.4

Adds a randomized dialogue option to the MCM settings page which defaults to OFF (same behavior you're experiencing now). If checked ON you will get 10 randomized greetings and 10 randomized responses instead of the usual SmallerTalk conversation.

Tested the latest SmallerTalk. I like the new random dialog.

I wonder, is there a way to close the dialog with keyboard shortcut, like ESC button or B button in XBOX360 controller in Skyrim? Many times I accidentally opened the SmallerTalk dialog, a keyboard shortcut to close the dialog will be very helpful.

Btw, FNV have a very bad keyboard shortcut. In some menu you need to press E to close it, and the other is X. I think E is the best, easy to reach by the finger.