Skyrim Launch Issue

(Posting this on Skyrim Adult Mods since there is more publicity here!)

So, a couple days ago my whole computer froze while I was playing Skyrim. After rebooting my computer I tried launching Skyrim with SKSE and nothing happened.. or so I thought. It took around 10 minutes for it to actually try and launch ONLY to crash INSTANTLY giving me the horrible "Skyrim has stopped responding" I've tried validating game cache on steam. I've tried reinstalling SKSE. I even resinstalled Skyrim. None of these things helped. So, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a solution to this strange problem or if anyone has any ideas that could potentially help? Thank you  :heart:

Your mod load order would help. As well as how you installed SKSE (installer or zip archive?)

Have you tried the obvious steps? Like verifying game cache in steam.

As well as maybe a description of any mod changes you had before the 'accident' and after the 'accident'.

Are you guilty of the crime of using NMM to install and uninstall mods? Or have you installed/uninstalled mods manually?

Disregard the above 2 questions if your running an absolutely new clean installation of skyrim.

Also, where were you at the time of the devastated skyrim install? Were you cheating on skyrim by playing another game? Maybe 1 of it's cousins like Fallout or Oblivion? (just kidding on this one, I've been infected with Yoo's knack for terrible puns/jokes right now)

P.S. dunno if this thread is against rules, as I'm pretty sure technical support skyrim forum would be better but whatevs.

I had a similar problem and a whole host of other bugs and leftover mod conflicts, so I followed this 'refreshing' method of a cleaned out Skyrim:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Troubleshooting#tab=Restore_Vanilla_Skyrim

This is assuming that you've also installed a load of mods. They could've impacted your system somehow and you might not know it. Another big problem I find is that if you have the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, its wise to get it as high in the load order as possible, otherwise games will crash on startup.

You could also try BOSS, which helps with detecting broken/crash-causing mods and telling you what to do with them, if you dont have the program already. 

http://boss-developers.github.io/

Archived