LOW Fps even though I have a good card.

grymsoul

Hey guys, I bought Skyrim recently on disc. I played for a few days, modding and whatnot. Only a few hours ago, I realized that it was laggy more than usual.  I was curious so I downloading FRAPS. I was amazed when I read I was getting only around 17 fps in the game. How could this be? I mean, I know I don't have the greatest PC but I SHOULD be getting more than that. In fact I know that I was.

Here's my PC specs.

Processor-  I7-4771   3.5GHz

Ram- 8GBs

64 bit

SSD- 120GBs

HardDrive- 1TB

GPU- NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

I've also downloaded a few mods, nothing like ENBS or graphic overhauls. This is just a list of the mods I use and analyzed from BOSS.

Skyrim.esm Active
    Update.esm Active
        Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
    Dawnguard.esm Active
    HearthFires.esm Active
    Dragonborn.esm Active
    RaceCompatibility.esm Active
    SexLab.esm Active
    SexLabAroused.esm Active
    Brawl Bugs CE.esp Active
    SkyUI.esp Active
    Sweet&Sexy Lingerie.esp Active
        Requires: CBBE
    FNISspells.esp Active
    SexAddict.esp Active
    Pinup Poser.esp Active
    navetsea female face preset.esp Active
    Feminine Females.esp Active
    Elves.esp Active
    Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp Active

So why would my FPS be dipping so low and how can I fix it? Thank you for your time?

Guest Katherlne

I have fps drop in last five days maybe. It's never happen with my skyrim before. Maybe NVIDIA make a bad new 335.23 driver version?

Either that or... you guys have yet to mention how much video memory your GPU is carrying, or what size textures you were using (4k is overkill).

Also, have you installed SSME or any variant of sheson's memory patch to go with SKSE (not the 1.7 alpha, which is still not perfect)?

My card memory is 2gbs. I'm not using any 4k. as for the SSME, I've never heard of it but I'll give it a look. As for the skse, Mines say skse 1_07_00 installer. I'm guessing that means it's the alpha 1.7, right? How do I download the latest one?

You mean the game ran fine in the last few days then it suddenly got laggier? Have you checked your CPU/GPU temp while gaming? It could be one or more of your components is overheating/throttling. 17fps is absolutely wrong considering you don't even have many graphic enhancement mods or ENB installed.

Hey guys, I bought Skyrim recently on disc. I played for a few days, modding and whatnot. Only a few hours ago, I realized that it was laggy more than usual.  I was curious so I downloading FRAPS. I was amazed when I read I was getting only around 17 fps in the game. How could this be? I mean, I know I don't have the greatest PC but I SHOULD be getting more than that. In fact I know that I was.

Here's my PC specs.

Processor-  I7-4771   3.5GHz

Ram- 8GBs

64 bit

SSD- 120GBs

HardDrive- 1TB

GPU- NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

I've also downloaded a few mods, nothing like ENBS or graphic overhauls. This is just a list of the mods I use and analyzed from BOSS.

Skyrim.esm Active
    Update.esm Active
    Dawnguard.esm Active
    HearthFires.esm Active
    Dragonborn.esm Active
    RaceCompatibility.esm Active
    SexLab.esm Active
    SexLabAroused.esm Active
    Brawl Bugs CE.esp Active
    SkyUI.esp Active
    Sweet&Sexy Lingerie.esp Active
        Requires: CBBE
    FNISspells.esp Active
    SexAddict.esp Active
    Pinup Poser.esp Active
    navetsea female face preset.esp Active
    Feminine Females.esp Active
    Elves.esp Active
    Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp Active

So why would my FPS be dipping so low and how can I fix it? Thank you for your time?

I don't know how to help you fix your FPS problem but I can see you didn't install the Unofficial Patches ! Bad, bad user !

I have the similar problem right now. My FPS in Skyrim is total crap (~12 FPS) even on very low settings and unmodded. The source of problem is overheated GPU (I use laptop for gaming though, GPU temp is in range of 95-103 Celsius, when the lag hits me, I think worn-out thermopaste). Take a measurement with Skyrim Performance Monitor and look for anomalies (I maybe be wrong but desktop PC GPU temp should not be higher than 80-85 Celsius). And when last time you checked your PCs cooling system?

if Skyrim stutters/runs slow it can be caused by a script.

To test this deactivate one mod, go back in game, save, quit, reload and hope it runs fine again.
if it doesn't, activate the previousle deactivated mod and repeat until you found the mod that causes it.

The mod/script doesn't has to be errornous. Can as well be the engine choking on a hiccup, so the whole test procedure can even fix the problem ... until it comes up again.

Archived