View File

This is the very first thing I've ever tried uploading here, so here goes nothin'.

The premise of this mod is simple. You know those sounds that play when you clear a dungeon or find a secret treasure stash? This replaces them with the "you did a thing" melody that plays in The Legend of Zelda games when you complete a puzzle, clear a room of enemies, spawn a chest, or whatnot. There are four different versions of that sound, so contained within this archive are the renditions of the tune from Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword. Now when you take a peek behind that suspicious-looking waterfall and find a treasure chest behind it, you're greeted by that oh-so-familiar "doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo" theme instead of "FWOOOOOOSH THWOOM".

To install, just extract the Music folder within to your Skyrim installation's Data directory.

• Submitter
    Mud
  • Submitted
    03/10/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

Glad you guys like it! I'd been mulling over the idea for a while, until I finally just decided "Y'know what, I'm gonna do it. How hard could it be?" Hardest part was figuring what the original sounds' file paths were, really.

I'd also been thinking it'd be neat if someone could make a mod that makes treasure chests play Zelda's item get theme, but that'd probably require scripting and I can't write code for crap, and it'd also probably get pretty annoying real quick with the amount of chests you find lying around. Perhaps for boss chests only...?

• 5 months later...