Apropos - Feature Request and Descriptions Submission

OK, well THAT's weird. I went into the zipped Apropos log thinking it was rolling the oldest ones into the zip archive. 

The last entry in that archive is from the 17th.

So it looks like every time I restart the game it makes a new Apropos log file, but it seems to be only keeping the most recent 4 and isn't rolling the older ones into the zip archive.

ALSO

Updated SexLab, and reinstalled Apropos and STILL.... my male PC can't un-virgin a virgin, but a male NPC can. 

I'll see if I can get those tags tomorrow morning if someone hasn't done it by then. Wife and I are getting ready to go to Florida for the weekend so it's getting to that hectic "what am I forgetting?" stage..... (not me.... her.... if I forget anything I just buy it when I get there. )

Hi,

I'm trying to sift through the posts, but I am attempting to use your db under first person mode. Some of your descriptions are obviously very large, how do I get it to properly show all the text? I've set it to break message into segments and have tried different ends of the spectrum on the font thingy....

Updated db file. Post on page 1 is also updated with the same file.

Lines are no much shorter, with no lines longer than anything in Gooser's stock original.

Also, fixed some issues with some synonyms, to prevent clumsy wordings like 'full of erection'.

No additional synonyms as of yet.

EDIT: Fixed Synonyms file to new format.

May not be an issue to bring up here but also:

1. Sometimes scenes wont show any wording...

2. Virginal scripts do not show up

3. I get double orgasm texts

Any pointers?

Hi,

I'm trying to sift through the posts, but I am attempting to use your db under first person mode. Some of your descriptions are obviously very large, how do I get it to properly show all the text? I've set it to break message into segments and have tried different ends of the spectrum on the font thingy....

Updated db file. Post on page 1 is also updated with the same file.

Lines are no much shorter, with no lines longer than anything in Gooser's stock original.

Also, fixed some issues with some synonyms, to prevent clumsy wordings like 'full of erection'.

No additional synonyms as of yet.

EDIT: Fixed Synonyms file to new format.

May not be an issue to bring up here but also:

1. Sometimes scenes wont show any wording...

2. Virginal scripts do not show up

3. I get double orgasm texts

Any pointers?

1. Not all scenes are supported.

2. What do you mean by "virginal" ? Do you mean during orgasm or before? Be specific, please.

As always, please provide an Apropos log file.

Virgin scenes currently have no message at the start, and a message at orgasm.
Also, I'll grab the new Horse animation tags.

EDIT: Okay, change of plans. Something has borked my install and I'm getting CTD on startup. After a long time checking masters and the LO and finding nothing, I've decided to just reinstall. Loads of mods have updated since the last install anyway, a fresh install is always good.

Unfortunately, it means it'll be a few days or so before I can grab the tags for the Horse animation or get any logs for FF testing.

I may be headed down that reinstall road myself. Let me know how it goes for you. I'm also considering using Mod Organizer when I reinstall and .... well I'm procrastinating. 

Some of my saves, even after carefully following Ashal's instructions for cleaning up and getting ready to upgrade SL, start to load and then I get a "This save is corrupt and can not be loaded..." as I'm watching it load behind that dialogue box. 

Oh well.

Ok, well....

Attaching the new horse animation log. And the 2 new giant animations.

For the record, Scarlet would like to be recognized for taking it for the team. I think we should buy her a gift card for a spa treatment.

:)

K that should help... 1.54 correct?

I'll have to let Ashal know that his method to retrieve tags is filled with empty entries before real tags. Might be a sign of a problem.

I noticed with Fuz Ro D-oh installed you get a text popup lower mid-screen of all dialog particularily non-voiced all in the same font size with wrapping text.  Would it be possible for Apropos to use this for the text area vs the error screen area, or would that be more "hard coding" of dialog?

I noticed with Fuz Ro D-oh installed you get a text popup lower mid-screen of all dialog particularily non-voiced all in the same font size with wrapping text.  Would it be possible for Apropos to use this for the text area vs the error screen area, or would that be more "hard coding" of dialog?

Nope. Yep. 

You are about the 10th person to recommend that. Sorry.

Using the "silent voice" location on the screen might interfere with actual silent voice responses. If you had Random Sex running (for example) and messages were appearing there from Apropos while you were trying to talk to an NPC, the messages could interfere with each other. 

or something...

I had thought about this too and then saw the downfall from a user standpoint.... to say nothing of what it would take from a programming standpoint. :)

Using the "silent voice" location on the screen might interfere with actual silent voice responses. If you had Random Sex running (for example) and messages were appearing there from Apropos while you were trying to talk to an NPC, the messages could interfere with each other. 

or something...

I had thought about this too and then saw the downfall from a user standpoint.... to say nothing of what it would take from a programming standpoint. :)

Fus Ro Dah has to do with static text embedded in an .esp or .esm. It simply doesn't make sense in a world of dynamically assembled text.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully this is still the topic for posting suggestion for feature.

Well i have a few:

1. Additional DB for female/male NPC Khajiit and Argonian. Cause it would allow to add specify sexual content for both race like "his scale covert muscle turns me on" or "I penetrate her fur covert ass/pussy". I know you could use the 1st, 2nd and 3rd person view but if you use this way for example to difference description for maybe spouse, follower or random sexual partners the is no way to get both to work.
  2. Again a addition for DB this time it goes about different DB for follower, for both Races and Creature. As example i will use creature. We have a random dog and trigger the sex act and following message appears "{ACTIVE_NAME} forces its cock inside my {WEARTEAR_VAGINAL} {PUSSY}." this message doesn't make much sense if this dog is your follower were the PC would say something along the line: "I go on my knees to allow {ACTIVE_NAME} to stick his cock inside my {WEARTEAR_VAGINAL} {PUSSY}.". Well for a dog you could still use both cause it's a dominactic animal but the follower is maybe sabercat, it wouldn't be logical. I mean a wild sabercat would attemp to kill even if you goes on your knees to allow it to fuck you. Again i know it could be created with the use of 1st, 2nd and 3rd person view. 
  3. This time it's about the postion of the erotic description (i don't know how far you are with your attempt to make a message "plugin"). I think the postion should be on the same spot like the voice subtitle or even better it can be selected by the user (like Poste Position: "Subtitle" or "on the spot where the discovery of a new location is postet)

I know my ideas would enlarge this mod but i think it will be a good addition for this great mod.

PS: Sorry if my suggestion were already postet english isn't my native language so it's posible i overlook them and i hope i was able to post my thoughts understandable.

• 2 weeks later...

If I add a db folder "FemaleActor_Female" with the collection of text files will it break anything? or just completely not show up?  Just wanted to ask before giving it a try, especially if it may "break".

Without knowing how this mod is build, i would say it simply won't show up. It shouldn't break Aprops cause it either doesn't notice the folder or just ignor it.

If I add a db folder "FemaleActor_Female" with the collection of text files will it break anything? or just completely not show up?  Just wanted to ask before giving it a try, especially if it may "break".

Without knowing how this mod is build, i would say it simply won't show up. It shouldn't break Aprops cause it either doesn't notice the folder or just ignor it.

No harm. But Apropos will ignore. Might I suggest you post questions like this on the main support thread?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28123-apropos/

This thread is for feature suggestions and description submissions.

Yes, but after higher priority items are finished. I'm sorry, its just not high on my list. Since this is a volunteer project, I work on what interests me, with obvious room to work in requests from other people. I think a lot of modders work on what motivates them, since they never get paid... 

I was just wondering: if your orifices are are at higher wear tear rank (gaping, battered) I don't think that you would notice when someone rapes you. E.g.: "You cry out in pain as (target) enters my (gaping, battered) (ass, pussy)"? If you are all battered up, even a horse would have a difficult time making you notice that he is raping you. It would be more realistic to say "You barely even notice as (creature) enters my battered (ass, pussy)". Note that cumming comments should not be changed, as should not "By the Divines! My (gaping, battered) (orifice) is being fucked!"-type comments.