Apropos - Feature Request and Descriptions Submission

Thanks for the compliment dude, feel free to use my stuff as you like.

Have a look at Gooser's newest update, you can do {ADJECTIVE_PUSSY} {PUSSY} now, and the like.

By 'lines that didn't seem to belong in the category', I assume you mean the stripping /naked lines. I like the buildup, and included these lines in act-start descriptions as a placeholder until (fingers crossed) we get to customise undress animation lines. Many of these lines, and some others, were written and included just to have them there until more description slots become available, then I'll rearrange the lines into more appropriate structures. So right now, the act-start descriptions also include stripping, approaching and general fucking as well as just penetration lines, and so on.

I have a collection of handjob, fisting and footjob ideas waiting for slots as well.

Someone did come up with a good idea though, is it possible to have the W&T descriptions also as variable? So, level 9 can be randomly either 'battered' or 'famous', or whatever?

Great idea! I'll have to think about how to pull that off though. Probably introduces another wrinkle into the data structures. Probably simply just changing "descriptors" from a simple string array to an array of objects. Can you think of enough variations at each level though??

Have a look at Gooser's newest update, you can do {ADJECTIVE_PUSSY} {PUSSY} now, and the like.

By 'lines that didn't seem to belong in the category', I assume you mean the stripping /naked lines.

Someone did come up with a good idea though, is it possible to have the W&T descriptions also as variable? So, level 9 can be randomly either 'battered' or 'famous', or whatever?

New Update? :) *rubs hands together gleefully*

No. By "lines that didn't seem to belong in a certain category" I just meant that there were lines that seemed to imply a rough and painful encounter in the consentual sex text file. I don't remember one specifically, but there were a couple.

And I WISH there was ROOM to keep your longer decriptions. They're brilliant!

Random levels in the wear and tear descriptions would be kind of cool. It would take some thought to group descriptive adjectives for each level. I think that one comes down to how much recoding would it take to pull it off. :)

By 'lines that didn't seem to belong in the category', I assume you mean the stripping /naked lines.

New Update? :) *rubs hands together gleefully*

No. By "lines that didn't seem to belong in a certain category" I just meant that there were lines that seemed to imply a rough and painful encounter in the consentual sex text file. I don't remember one specifically, but there were a couple.

And I WISH there was ROOM to keep your longer decriptions. They're brilliant!

Random levels in the wear and tear descriptions would be kind of cool. It would take some thought to group descriptive adjectives for each level. I think that one comes down to how much recoding would it take to pull it off. :)

Well, my next task on my list was adding support for Arousal levels. I think making both Arousal descriptors and W&T descriptors random lookups make sense. I will code both the same.

I'm pretty sure I can come up with a lot of W&T descriptors, I actually remember ending up with too many and agonising over which ones to keep when I edited the first list.

As for the painful lines in consensual sex, and joyful lines in rape, these are intentional. Although the majority of the consensual lines depict enjoyment, I also wanted to convey reluctant sex, where the PC is putting up with sex she doesn't really want to have; a prostitution client who's too rough or otherwise unpleasant, for example. Likewise, some rape lines were to depict the PC's more deviant, lustful side overcoming her rational side and reluctantly enjoying sex she really shouldn't be.

My db file was primarily written for my own character, and I have pretty specific ideas of the mindset it should depict, and I would imagine everyone is the same for their own characters. This is why Apropos is such a wonderful mod, the depictions can be customised. My next db will be much less cluttered, and it will be much simpler for people to quickly scan and delete lines they don't feel depict their character properly. I actually have a 'blonde' line somewhere, where I completely forgot other people would be using the file! Can't remember where it is, when I do I'll tweak the line to be less specific.

Okay, here's a proposed format for Arousal_Descriptors.txt (new file); WearAndTear_Descriptors.txt would migrate to the same format.

{
    "{READINESS}" : {
        "unprepared" :
        [
            "unprepared"
        ],
        "ready" :
        [
            "ready"
        ],
        "eager" :
        [
            "eager"
        ],
        "needy" :
        [
            "needy"
        ],
        "desperate" :
        [
            "desperate"
        ]
    },
    "{FEMALE-AROUSAL}" : {
        "dry" :
        [
            "dry",
            "barren"
        ],
        "wet" :
        [
            "wet",
            "damp"
        ],
        "slick" :
        [
            "slick",
            "slippery"
        ],
        "drooling" :
        [
            "drooling",
            "dripping"
        ],
        "slavering" :
        [
            "slavering",
            "gushing",
            "slobbering"
        ]
    },
    "{MALE-AROUSAL}" : {
        "limp" :
        [
            "limp",
            "lifeless",
            "flaccid"
        ],
        "enlarged" :
        [
            "enlarged",
            "erect"
        ],
        "firm" :
        [
            "firm",
            "rigid",
            "tense"
        ],
        "hard" :
        [
            "hard",
            "stiff"
        ],
        "throbbing" :
        [
            "painfully hard",
            "throbbing",
            "rock hard"
        ]
    }
}

So there are only three tokens in this file. Each section ("firm", "eager") etc, is selected by some kind of Arousal level determination/algorithm. There will be 5 levels. The final resolution is a random lookup in to each list of possible actual values. So, "firm", "throbbing" are just Arousal level "names".

Here's a modification. Basically just names the levels more neutrally and less confusing (makes them more explicitly levels)

{
    "{READINESS}" : {
        "level1" :
        [
            "unprepared"
        ],
        "level2" :
        [
            "ready"
        ],
        "level3" :
        [
            "eager"
        ],
        "level4" :
        [
            "needy"
        ],
        "level5" :
        [
            "desperate"
        ]
    },
    "{FEMALE-AROUSAL}" : {
        "level1" :
        [
            "dry",
            "barren"
        ],
        "level2" :
        [
            "wet",
            "damp"
        ],
        "level3" :
        [
            "slick",
            "slippery"
        ],
        "level4" :
        [
            "drooling",
            "dripping"
        ],
        "level5" :
        [
            "slavering",
            "gushing",
            "slobbering"
        ]
    },
    "{MALE-AROUSAL}" : {
        "level1" :
        [
            "limp",
            "lifeless",
            "flaccid"
        ],
        "level2" :
        [
            "enlarged",
            "erect"
        ],
        "level3" :
        [
            "firm",
            "rigid",
            "tense"
        ],
        "level4" :
        [
            "hard",
            "stiff"
        ],
        "level5" :
        [
            "painfully hard",
            "throbbing",
            "rock hard"
        ]
    }
}

Like the readiness list, vague enough that it doesn't necessarily mean dry to start with.

Not keen on 'barren' to be honest, doesn't really fit the context.

Also, could the tags be shorthanded a bit to save on typing txt files? So, instead of {MALE_AROUSAL}, we could just have {MAROUSE} or something? The same for {WEARTEAR_VAGINAL} and the like would also be good, {WTVAG} would be better. A tag that approximates the general length of the synonym would not only be less repetitive to type, but also make it easier to judge line length (although fuck you Jarl Balgruf The Greater).

Like the readiness list, vague enough that it doesn't necessarily mean dry to start with.

Not keen on 'barren' to be honest, doesn't really fit the context.

Also, could the tags be shorthanded a bit to save on typing txt files? So, instead of {MALE_AROUSAL}, we could just have {MAROUSE} or something? The same for {WEARTEAR_VAGINAL} and the like would also be good, {WTVAG} would be better. A tag that approximates the general length of the synonym would not only be less repetitive to type, but also make it easier to judge line length (although fuck you Jarl Balgruf The Greater).

Interesting... Ha I immediately thought "morose" when I read "MAROUSE". Brain fart.

I think that makes sense.

Here's a proposed alteration for W&T descriptors.txt:

{
    "descriptors" : {
        "level0" :
        [
            "virgin"
        ],
        "level1" :
        [
            "tight"
        ],
        "level2" :
        [
            "snug"
        ],
        "level3" :
        [
            "nice"
        ],
        "level4" :
        [
            "well fucked"
        ],
        "level5" :
        [
            "sore"
        ],
        "level6" :
        [
            "pliant"
        ],
        "level7" :
        [
            "loose"
        ],
        "level8" :
        [
            "gaping"
        ],
        "level9" :
        [
            "battered"
        ]
    },
    "descriptors-mcm" : {
        "0: virgin",
        "1: tight",
        "2: snug",
        "3: nice",
        "4: well fucked",
        "5: sore",
        "6: pliant",
        "7: loose",
        "8: gaping",
        "9: battered"
    }
}

I'm not using the {TOKEN} format at the top because they are a little different. Based on context, {WEARTEAR_ANAL} might be substituted, etc.

Also i'm concerned that with the dynamic nature of the actual W&T values in-game, it makes it a tad more difficult to correlate the MCM display labels with what you see in game...

Is it easy enough to correlate "level0": { ... } with "0: virgin" ??

EDIT: I suppose the way the two are co-located it mitigates my concern a bit.

The lowest level of male arousal description might not be too universal, if say...the PC is getting combat rape I don't think a limb and flaccid make too much sense.

I am picturing a totally bored looking bandit just going..."yea, I don't really want this, just going through the motion cause might as well." :lol:

Lifeless on the other hand might work for draugr but in different context :P

The lowest level of male arousal description might not be too universal, if say...the PC is getting combat rape I don't think a limb and flaccid make too much sense.

I am picturing a totally bored looking bandit just going..."yea, I don't really want this, just going through the motion cause might as well." :lol:

Lifeless on the other hand might work for draugr but in different context :P

I think the fundamental disconnect is that the rape mods never are based upon arousal (well Lover's Victim maybe). Rape is based upon either submission or knockdown. 

I think to make this work, we are going to have to assume some artificial "boost" in Apropos' calculations of "arousal" as it means to Apropos. So we could probably assume that the minimum level for rape is going be above "limp, flaccid", etc.

Updated db file. Post on page 1 is also updated with the same file.

Lines are no much shorter, with no lines longer than anything in Gooser's stock original.

Also, fixed some issues with some synonyms, to prevent clumsy wordings like 'full of erection'.

No additional synonyms as of yet.

EDIT: Fixed Synonyms file to new format.

Apropos Custom.7z

LINE BREAK WORKS!

Example: (notice the backslash+n after the pussy token)

"You slide your cock into {ACTIVE_NAME}'s {WEARTEAR_VAGINAL} {PUSSY}.\n She smiles and winks at you lovingly."

Displays as:

You slide your cock into Zarah's tight pussy.

She smiles and winks at you lovingly.

This also validates as valis JSON in the JSONLint Validator

I edited and saved that file, started the game, and as soon as everything was initialised I went to MCM -> Apropos and refreshed the database. 

What I'm NOT sure of is how consistent it will be in the display.

Why do I say that?

We have line segmentation set at 70 by default. I have a lot more testing to do on this, but sometimes it appeared as though it counted characters in the entire string, and the lines displayed were the same size font, but at the smallest size. The last couple of tests  where I loaded the game, immediately refreshed stuff, set to 2nd person messages (as I never really use it and it made a great test spot), THEN it appeared to be counting characters BEFORE the line break separately from AFTER the line break so the font came out larger.

If this can work at least SOMEWHAT consistently, then I can use more of decauk's wonderful decriptive text!

So it's

\n

and you leave it right in the quotes with everything else. Just put it where you think you want a line break.

I make no guarantees with this, but give it a try. It's valid JSON so I would not expect it to break anything as long as the JSON evaluator can parse it. Which it appears it can on my end. 

Disclaimer: This is not an offer which can be made by formal prospectus only

(I saw that someplace.... makes no sense to me at all, but..... *shrug* )

EDIT ***

Ok, not working as well as I'd hoped. I can break the line, but apparently it counts all characters before AND after the line break and by doing that you get the small font as though you're at the maximum number of characters.

BUT.... now that we know a line break WORKS, I wonder if gooser can reset the character counter if a line break is encountered (no pun intended). This would really make decauk's descriptions work better as they are a bit longer.

I don't know the current character counting method, but if you counted characters and then stored the character count if you encounter a line break, then count to end of line or another line break, compare the character counts and use the highest number as the character count. This would yield lines the same font size (I think) even if one line has 50 characters and one has 20.

It's a thought.

At least I can see that the line break works :)

Lines are no much shorter, with no lines longer than anything in Gooser's stock original.

Also, fixed some issues with some synonyms, to prevent clumsy wordings like 'full of erection'.

Some great stuff. Still it would be *nice* if there was consistent versions across 2nd and 3rd person. And some 3rd person edits are actually 1st person

(e.g.FemaleActor_Male_BoobJob_Rape_Orgasm.txt)

It still prints in the correct order.

If you have:

So-and-so stuck their massive something-or-other -linebreak- into Darling Whore's whatchamacallit.

It displays as:

So-and-so stuck their massive something-or-other

into Darling Whore's whatchamacallit.

So it must be printing the line segments in reverse order to get them to be displayed in the CORRECT order on screen.

I'll have to look at that again, but I'm pretty sure it's not just APPEARING on screen all at once (like a single line being printed but the line breaks causing it to go multiline).

I just know that when you look at it, it's all in the correct order :)

OH! And going off in a totally different direction here....

I just installed Random Sex to try it out in a test save. Apropos very nicely describes what's going on even if it's way out of visual range. If I stand in the "market square" (actually more round than square) in Whiterun and set the range at 50 meters, there's folks all over Whiterun having a little "special time".

AND... (looks at decaulk) ... it has CREATURE sex toggle-able AND.... includes dragons. :)

Now, personally I find dragons to be a bit too squirrely. Their AI radius is so big and they become unpredictable (in my experience) as sex partners, but.... whatever.

In the event of creature sex it calms them for 60 seconds afterwards so either YOU can get away or THEY walk away without agro. But Apropos describes the action play by play without missin' a beat! hehehhe (don't ask me how I know)

And.... who knew that a horse could fit in a TENT?

Some great stuff. Still it would be *nice* if there was consistent versions across 2nd and 3rd person. And some 3rd person edits are actually 1st person

(e.g.FemaleActor_Male_BoobJob_Rape_Orgasm.txt)

Actually, all of the 3rd person are 1st person. I use 3rd person as voyeur descriptions for my character watching NPCs go at it. This is also why 3rd person is mostly different messages from 1st.

Honestly, I'm not sure anyone actually uses 3rd person for the PC over 1st/2nd person. I may be wrong, anyone out there use 3rd person? Other mods that use the messaging system, like Aroused, already use 1st person (I need to have sex, etc), so 1st makes sense to me.

I suppose 2nd person would be pretty easy to do, simply c/p the 1st person descriptions then switch the pronouns, shouldn't even require any sentence structure changes. I'll work on that next, once I finish my custom sound file so I can scrap all my old sound mods and install the new SexLab.

RE: Line breaks

It looks like the line is being broken by whatever you have the segmentation set to even if there's a line break.

So if you have a 90 character line and you insert a line break at 45 characters, you get the line break at 45 then one at 70. So instead of 2 lines at 45 you get 3 lines with a line at 45, a line at 25 (the 70 character break), and a line at 20 (the remainder).

I may experiment and see if I can set the line break at like... 100 and THEN break it at 50 and see what I get for a result.

I also think I want to look for an editor that will tell me in real time how many characters I have and what position I'm at. :)

'Cause counting them sucks :)

RE: Line breaks

It looks like the line is being broken by whatever you have the segmentation set to even if there's a line break.

So if you have a 90 character line and you insert a line break at 45 characters, you get the line break at 45 then one at 70. So instead of 2 lines at 45 you get 3 lines with a line at 45, a line at 25 (the 70 character break), and a line at 20 (the remainder).

I may experiment and see if I can set the line break at like... 100 and THEN break it at 50 and see what I get for a result.

I also think I want to look for an editor that will tell me in real time how many characters I have and what position I'm at. :)

'Cause counting them sucks :)

NotePad++ will tell you exacty this in the bottom toolbar. Try it, its a great editor.

Well the breaks work correctly, but setting the segmentation to 100 yields a very small font :)

If I was playing this on a 60 inch plasma I might still be able to read it :)

I'm going to try something else, but the line breaks look promising at least. And it looks like NotePad++ counts total characters, not how many in the line you're in.

OK, that was weird. I used NO line breaks, set the segmentation to 60 and it broke a relatively short line into 3 segments at approximately 34 and 50 characters. Just weird. Like it's not following the rules :)