• 90 sec
    • 120 sec
    • 150 sec
    • 180 sec
    • 210 sec
    • 240 sec
    • 270 sec
    • 300 sec
    • Some other number (please comment with your setting)

Just what it sounds like.  I'm trying to figure out the average length of time people have sex set to in Sexout (yay for S words).

This will help me with a mod that I'm working on and should help other modders as well.

Thank you for you time.  :)

90 seconds by default, but I use Positioning to pause the Sexout timer A LOT.

90 seconds gives enough time to get the camera into a good spot to enjoy the

show, but not excessively long for when the animation glitches and get ruined,

and you're wishing it would hurry up and finish.

The mod that I'm going to be working on is Sexout Messages, which just separates the messages from SCR and puts them into their own mod.  Obviously, if the duration was set to 5 seconds (for some reason), there wouldn't be enough time for beginning, middle, and end messages.  The number of messages is up to the duration.  I don't know if positioning affects the Sexout timer.  I would assume that it pauses it.

I know that someone (Odessa?) was suggesting/guessing at what the normal user's duration is, so that's why I'm guessing that other modders could use this info, even though they're able to set it separately.

I haven't been guessing, but I was looking for some way to find the animation for my W+T sex end spells. I think you can cast a spell on sex start as well as end? I might be mistaken there.

Soliciting modifies durations using multipliers on the default time setting, the standard one is 50-150%. I believe Lust does a similar thing.

I haven't been guessing, but I was looking for some way to find the animation for my W+T sex end spells. I think you can cast a spell on sex start as well as end? I might be mistaken there.

Yes you can. You can use both the start and end hooks at the same time.

Soliciting modifies durations using multipliers on the default time setting, the standard one is 50-150%. I believe Lust does a similar thing.

Yes, Lust also modifies the time in-flight as well.

Nyl, why don't you just look at the currently set duration and adjust which messages you want to display accordingly? If it's 5s or less, just show the one message.. 10s show begin and end.. 15s+ show all three.. or something like that?

You could also record the time yourself and show the start message, and then just not show the others if you get a hook notification that sex is ending, and not enough time has passed.

What I'm really driving at is just hard coding delays in there based on the average is not a good idea. The average is simply the middle of a curve and unless you're sample size is significant and you're going to be aiming for something within so many standard deviations of the average, it will just 'screw up' for people not right at or near the average. ;)

@PS:  I'm definitely not going to hardcode it.  i guess what I'm hoping is that the average will be pretty much just that.  Somewhere less than 5 minutes.  At present, I was thinking that I'd have as many as 5 messages, each lasting about 5 seconds.  Obviously, it would be as you said with the number of seconds and the number of messages...using a range to determine how many messages to show and around when to show them.

@Odessa:  I was trying to give credit where it was due or something like that.  :blush:

Gotcha. If you're going to set the message display to 5 seconds, I'd probably just do a simple calculation based on the current duration and then decide what to display, and when. You can take the current duration set in MCM by the user and divide it by however many messages you have, which is your optimum display interval. If that interval is < 5 (or whatever the duration is) you only display every other message or something like that.

You can do this pretty easily with an array of booleans that indicate you are or aren't supposed to display a given message.

Also bear in mind that other mods may be displaying messages of their own, including the vanilla game. To not interfere too much with those, I'd probably divide by triple the duration or something; so you'd only display all 5 of the 5 second messages if the duration were 5x5x3 = 75s long or longer, in order to show a message for 5s and then leave 10s of empty space for other messages before the next one.

@nyaalich

I don't know what the standard that comes with Sexout is or I would click on the poll. I normally just run whatever it is set at. Don't know if you still need that info but there it is.

EDIT:

Duh unless the poll was changed recently I just missed the "some other number" :blush: 

Well I fixed that... :P

Archived