hurrdurrhurr Posted Wednesday at 05:19 AM Posted Wednesday at 05:19 AM (edited) I saw you finally added creature support and it works great! Would love if there was a way to adjust rotation (not just position) of the attachment point and apply an anchor to the first few bones, particularly for the free end/leash holder, so that it could be adjusted to fit naturally in the hand or mouth. From what I understand right now it's just a single point where the rope can immediately go in any angle (e.g. through the back of the skull). Even if that's not possible it's clear this is very well made, and I'll be having fun with it. Well done! Edited Wednesday at 05:36 AM by hurrdurrhurr
asdt123123 Posted Wednesday at 05:33 PM Author Posted Wednesday at 05:33 PM 12 hours ago, hurrdurrhurr said: I saw you finally added creature support and it works great! Would love if there was a way to adjust rotation (not just position) of the attachment point and apply an anchor to the first few bones, particularly for the free end/leash holder, so that it could be adjusted to fit naturally in the hand or mouth. From what I understand right now it's just a single point where the rope can immediately go in any angle (e.g. through the back of the skull). Even if that's not possible it's clear this is very well made, and I'll be having fun with it. Well done! Of course u can that's the whole point. It's the offset entry. You enter a bone to attach it to, and then apply an x,y,z offset. Just spend more time reading the debug page and you'll see what I'm talking about eventually, there's lots of options.
hurrdurrhurr Posted Thursday at 12:33 AM Posted Thursday at 12:33 AM 6 hours ago, asdt123123 said: Of course u can that's the whole point. It's the offset entry. You enter a bone to attach it to, and then apply an x,y,z offset. Just spend more time reading the debug page and you'll see what I'm talking about eventually, there's lots of options. I don't think I phrased it well so let me try again: imagine the end of a rope in your hand. do you pinch it by the tip or do you grab the first 3-4 inches of it? if you bite a rope and turn 180 degrees, does it go through your head or does it wrap around it? I saw the x,y,z field for offsets but afaik that is just adjusting the position of the tip. I don't know if there is an option for what I'm looking for but I'll keep looking.
Lazy Palm Posted Thursday at 11:58 AM Posted Thursday at 11:58 AM (edited) In the newest version, the ApplyStandaloneLeash call seems to work really well, thanks for adding that! I am bumping into an issue though, if the player is leashed, the NPC would pull them along in older versions, but now unless the player is moving, the NPC will walk in place. Am I missing a setting or a configuration option somewhere? So in my further testing, it seems that if I keep the max length of the leash under 200, it works. Edited Thursday at 12:52 PM by Lazy Palm
asdt123123 Posted Thursday at 06:19 PM Author Posted Thursday at 06:19 PM (edited) 6 hours ago, Lazy Palm said: In the newest version, the ApplyStandaloneLeash call seems to work really well, thanks for adding that! I am bumping into an issue though, if the player is leashed, the NPC would pull them along in older versions, but now unless the player is moving, the NPC will walk in place. Am I missing a setting or a configuration option somewhere? So in my further testing, it seems that if I keep the max length of the leash under 200, it works. Configuration. There's an option to make the NPC not able to walk further than the leashes physical length (To prevent the leash from stretching), and you've got your min-max lengths ABOVE the leashes physical length. min-max controls walking, nothing else Edited Thursday at 06:20 PM by asdt123123
rgbjackal Posted Friday at 01:57 AM Posted Friday at 01:57 AM Would it be possible to make a reverse leash? As in the leash "holder" has the chain around their neck, but the "leashed" actor is holding it by the hand? I like the way my character being leashed looks, but I don't want to deal with NPC jank, and would rather have the reverse leash when I actually need to do something
asdt123123 Posted Friday at 06:45 PM Author Posted Friday at 06:45 PM 16 hours ago, rgbjackal said: Would it be possible to make a reverse leash? As in the leash "holder" has the chain around their neck, but the "leashed" actor is holding it by the hand? I like the way my character being leashed looks, but I don't want to deal with NPC jank, and would rather have the reverse leash when I actually need to do something I've been considering that a bunch. It's a bit annoying since it creates a bit of bifurcation in the code which I try to avoid in my code bases (when possible). So while the concept is easy to implement, I'd have to refactor a bunch of code to support a more abstract "leash driver" design. Although that'd be cleaner in the long run I'll see what I can do when I've got some time (Possibly today?). On 9/30/2026 at 5:33 PM, hurrdurrhurr said: I don't think I phrased it well so let me try again: imagine the end of a rope in your hand. do you pinch it by the tip or do you grab the first 3-4 inches of it? if you bite a rope and turn 180 degrees, does it go through your head or does it wrap around it? I saw the x,y,z field for offsets but afaik that is just adjusting the position of the tip. I don't know if there is an option for what I'm looking for but I'll keep looking. You hold it by the last bone in the leash. Whether it "wraps around" the head depends on how close the leash bones are to eachother (first and last bone segments are ignored for collision), and whether you have a collision shape there. For you having a dog HOLDING the leash (I believe is what you're shooting for?), it would clip through since I doubt the collision shapes would apply to their skeleton. I don't care for creating a collision shape for every creature type since that's a ton of work. Could maybe derive some shapes from their havok ragdoll body, but I don't have that sort of time right now (Don't do that for humans, their shapes have too much padding). If anyone is interested in a PR, just make sure you create a layer of abstraction so there's not a bunch of if/elseif's.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now