How to enable HDT belly distortions with SOS *announcement*

Derpakiin

wow i use the trepleen Cbbe hdt body with working vagina and was wondering if this would work and to my surprise it did! Thanks for this! All I had to do was replace the male hands and female head and make sure both people have the havok item equipped and BAM! Stretching the shit out off that belly haha thanks again for all this info!

Why is it that the hdt. xml's in the files attached have "npc/hdt belly sections" while the one posted for the tutorial doesn't have one?

Is that required? How do we add those?

The tutorial deals with the old legacy v12-29 version of HDT.

The attached files are for the newer v14-28, but I left them up there until I figure out a proper way to make them work. My progress so far seems to hold some promise...

Kprv4dY.gif

T7a5aNO.gif

I've been through this tutorial multiple times and for some reason I cannot get any success getting bellies to work. It still doesn't work even when I use the Example.rar files. If I understand this correctly, the main thing controlling the belly physics is hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultsBBP.xml? I have attached that to my femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif files by using NiStringsExtraData, together with hdtVagina.xml. I do not see any belly bulge in the game.

The skeleton I'm using is XPMSE 2.81, with just SOS and SexLab framework installed, and FNIS. I have tried multiple bodies, including the one inside the Examples.rar file. Currently I'm using trepleen's body with Daie's hdtVagina.xml file. The rest of my xml files were copied straight from Examples.rar. I am testing with Arrok Reverse Cowgirl position, partner is the imperial guy at the very start of the game.

Any idea on what I should try? I was able to get finger physics working somewhat; the labia opens but only very slightly, as if the collision objects are only slightly brushing against each other, despite the visual animation showing otherwise. I'm wondering if that's the case with this, that it may be working but I'm just not getting the right positioning to trigger it?

I've been through this tutorial multiple times and for some reason I cannot get any success getting bellies to work. It still doesn't work even when I use the Example.rar files. If I understand this correctly, the main thing controlling the belly physics is hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultsBBP.xml? I have attached that to my femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif files by using NiStringsExtraData, together with hdtVagina.xml. I do not see any belly bulge in the game.

The skeleton I'm using is XPMSE 2.81, with just SOS and SexLab framework installed, and FNIS. I have tried multiple bodies, including the one inside the Examples.rar file. Currently I'm using trepleen's body with Daie's hdtVagina.xml file. The rest of my xml files were copied straight from Examples.rar. I am testing with Arrok Reverse Cowgirl position, partner is the imperial guy at the very start of the game.

Any idea on what I should try? I was able to get finger physics working somewhat; the labia opens but only very slightly, as if the collision objects are only slightly brushing against each other, despite the visual animation showing otherwise. I'm wondering if that's the case with this, that it may be working but I'm just not getting the right positioning to trigger it?

You could try switching around the different versions of hdtm.xml and see if they enable collisions (because penis collision data is needed too). I found out that some of the hdtm.xml files are broken, so try hunting down some of them and see if they work.

You could try switching around the different versions of hdtm.xml and see if they enable collisions (because penis collision data is needed too). I found out that some of the hdtm.xml files are broken, so try hunting down some of them and see if they work.

Okay I'm going to do another fresh install tonight and see if I can get this to work. The funny thing is I'm pretty sure I saw belly physics when I did my first install and when I only had sexlab framework installed with SOS, 1.94 xpms, and a regular UNP body from the redux project file from nexus. I distinctly remember thinking it was pretty neat at the time. Then I installed a whole bunch of other stuff like the animated vagina mods and haven't seen the belly work since, even after multiple fresh installs. So does that mean the hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultsBBP file is what controls the belly physics?

Also, do you think the hdt physics object.esp file can have anything to do with it? I'm still not sure what equipping it is supposed to do, because I had vagina physics work with and without it. When I first saw belly physics work, I didn't not have the physics object.

BTW is the examples.rar file on the first post the most recent one you have? And am I safe to assume I can ignore the top set of directions and only need to follow the guide posted after April 25, 2015?

What about using "NiStringExtraData" ?

I haven't tried it with just a single string attachment since I am already using femalebody_0.nif and _1.nif for hdtVagina.xml. I just thought nistringsextradata works exactly the same way, but is for multiple strings.

Can anyone who has the belly working say whether or not you have hdt physics object.esp, and were you using it? If you were, does the belly physics still work if you remove it?

I'm trying to control as many variables as I can to help troubleshoot this. I did get this to work once with a very basic mod directory, and I'm positive it worked at the time because I remember thinking to myself wow SL came a long way since Lovers framework. But at that time I didn't know it's the physics engine or anything like that, i wasn't expecting the belly to bulge. It was before I delved into what's possible with sexlab framework, and I was just doing test runs to make sure it even works.

That still tells me I should already have everything I need to make this work and I shouldn't need to download anything else. The problem is just narrowing down which mod is causing the conflict to make bellies stop working.

My question remains though: is hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultsBBP.xml the file that's responsible for controlling the belly predicts physics? I'm pretty sure my hdtm.xml file is working properly because the penis will open the vaginal lips upon contact with it.

Yes hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultsBBP.xml is the file that handles it. If it has the entry of 'HDTbelly' or 'NPC belly' (depending on the version) it should handle the belly physics.

Also, hdt_physics_object.esp is not required for this to work. The whole point of attaching strings to the body is so that you don't have to equip the HDT havoc object in the first place.

Yes hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultsBBP.xml is the file that handles it. If it has the entry of 'HDTbelly' or 'NPC belly' (depending on the version) it should handle the belly physics.

Also, hdt_physics_object.esp is not required for this to work. The whole point of attaching strings to the body is so that you don't have to equip the HDT havoc object in the first place.

thank you for clearing that up. I always wondered what the purpose of having the object is when we are already attaching the strings to the mesh files. I wouldn't be surprised if this may be what's causing the belly physics to not work for me. I did not have physics object at the time when I first saw belly physics work and I did not install physics object until much later. At least that cuts one mod out to help me slim down the troubleshooting process.

What's personally most confusing for me is that it's very hard for me to tell when information is outdated in these threads, short of reading through the entire thread to follow the conversation. A lot of the mods have updates to them which make steps in the original instructions obsolete, because new functions are already baked into the package. For someone like me who is relatively new to the skyrim scene, it's a lot of extra catching up to do and it makes for even more difficult troubleshooting, because I don't know if I'm incorporating outdated and unnecessary steps in my process. Like the physics object for example; if it's sole purpose is to enable physics for an actor, and most modders here already link xmls in malehands and femalebody nifs, then I can completely ignore this mod and save a lot of time when I do my fresh install tonight, because I no longer have to run additional tests with and without the object.

btw, I just wanted to point out something I found out last night which may help some people here: be sure you check your spelling when you are attaching the strings to the nifs. 

When I was testing stevierage's hdtfinger xml from the 7B thread, I couldn't get finger physics to work in the beginning because I mispelled "HDT Havok Path" as "HDT Havoc Path". I didn't think it was a big deal because I thought it was just a custom identifier, but I guess it's also possible that HDT Havok Path is an actual tag used by the scripts, and it didn't work because I mispelled Havoc. When I caught this and changed all instances of Havoc to Havok, finger physics worked.

Too bad that didn't help with my belly problem lol

There's nothing wrong with using the legacy version and the old instructions that goes with them. It is confirmed to work if you follow the instructions closely.

The newer HDT is very temperamental and borks quite a few things, but it's main advantage is that it can now render hair and vagina physics. I've only recently managed to make it somehow sorta *work* with the belly, vagina, and hair physics but I'll need to do more tweaks and testing before I update the OP. I don't want to waste people's time with a non-functioning upload again.

I followed the legacy installation instructions at the very top of the page and I can vouch that they do work, with some exceptions:

The XML linked for hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml needs to be edited with notepad to change the string "NPC Prebelly" to "HDT Belly". Use ctrl+F to find it..there is only one instance of it.

The instructions say to attach hdt.xml to femalehead.nif. I instead attached it to femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif in "Data/meshes/actors/character/character assets" since I do not have a femalehead.nif file in there. However, I did not get belly physics with hdt.xml attached. I did get belly bulges when I attached hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml to both of the female body nifs. 

When I compare the legacy instructions with the April 25 instructions, I don't really see any difference between them, as far as steps which I actually took to get this to work.

My setup is coming from a near stock install of Skyrim, with only the following things installed:

SKSE

SexLab

SexLab matchmaker

SOS

SkyUI

FNIS (3 packages, Behavior, Spells, Creatures)

XPMSE 2.81

UNPB Redux (I don't think this has any impact since the skeleton and body meshes were eventually overwritten)

HDT PE 14-28

I got the body from the link in the first page, using 7B version. Also got the defaultBBP.xml file from the link in the first page. Go to the last few posts to get a working link from someone who re-uploaded it. This file needs to be edited to change NPC Prebelly to HDT Belly

That's all I did. The mods I posted here are the only ones I'm using, so anything I didn't post, I'm not currently using. My goal was to get this to a working state, then load my mods back in one by one to see what may be causing the bellies to stop working. 

I think if I am to take a guess, it is all due to people replacing their body files, since the physics collision data are linked to them, and they are very often overwritten whenever someone uses a new body, which presumably wouldn't have the .xml strings in them. My other suspicion is the version of hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml people are using; I notice the one that worked for me is 206KB, while the ones I had before were around 160KB. The discrepancy may be for other reasons, but after using the defaultbbp.xml file here, I think I prefer it more than the others I used, because I can see breasts, butts, as well as the belly react to the male penis when touched by it. 

I've been playing around with different xmls and am fairly certain its defaultsBBP.xml and hdtm.xml which are responsible for this to work. You can tell your defaultaBBP.xml file has belly support if your belly shakes when you jump. Then it's just a matter of finding a hdtm.xml file which can collide with the belly. The ones in the opening post do work, so just keep trying to find a pair which suits your taste (the defaultsBBP.xml in OP is super jiggly)

BTW using a reverse cowgirl pose is easiest way to test this

I've been playing around with different xmls and am fairly certain its defaultsBBP.xml and hdtm.xml which are responsible for this to work. You can tell your defaultaBBP.xml file has belly support if your belly shakes when you jump. Then it's just a matter of finding a hdtm.xml file which can collide with the belly. The ones in the opening post do work, so just keep trying to find a pair which suits your taste (the defaultsBBP.xml in OP is super jiggly)

BTW using a reverse cowgirl pose is easiest way to test this

which body mesh and version of HDT PE did you test it with? Does it work with HDT PE 14.28 as well?

which body mesh and version of HDT PE did you test it with? Does it work with HDT PE 14.28 as well?

I originally tested with 7B body linked in the OP. I switched to UUNP Special body made with BodySlide. This works with HDT PE 14.28; that's the only version of HDT I have

Just make sure you link the body_0 and _1 to hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml

• 1 month later...

Did this thread die? No news or new posts in ages.

I would assume that is because everyone that was trying to get this working either succeeded and had no further use of the thread or failed and gave up.

I know a lot of people have asked for an all in one mod for this to work but I cannot see that ever happening, this is just a guide on what mods and settings to use to get this working.

Thought I might add a link here too.

If you install. This http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59416/?

With all sos add on, hair patches and optional havok. You should get the belly disorder + good bounce and jiggle.

I'm still new to this.

Would I need to download Bounce and Jiggles 5.0 Regular TBBP_Belly     and    BandJ 5.0 SOS Full HDT Support Universal   and  HDT Havok Collisions Object ?

Or does BandJ 5.0 SOS Full HDT Support Universal already come with HDT Havok Collisions Object ?

Archived